Mexican pirates attack Italian ship in the Gulf of Mexico

clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Odd that an Italian outfit would be doing supply and support in El Golfo.

Do US outfits avoid working from Mexico?

I believe parts of the Mexican oil industry have only recently (last 5 years or so) been opened up to outside contractors so there are probably a lot of companies looking to get a foot hold there

and probably some coming up from South America where Europe has much longer ties to those countries and trying to replace lost business from South America with all the shit going on down there

add in Mexico always wanting to not look like the USA just runs shit there in business and the fact that the USA actually prosecutes the "briefcase full of cash" negotiation technique that anywhere south of the Rio Grande likes while Europe turns a blind eye or only gives lip service to punishing it (especially a place like Italy) and the USA will always have a hard time getting the expected share of business especially in the oil patch in Mexico

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I believe parts of the Mexican oil industry have only recently (last 5 years or so) been opened up to outside contractors so there are probably a lot of companies looking to get a foot hold there

Correct. 

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

the USA actually prosecutes the "briefcase full of cash" negotiation technique that anywhere south of the Rio Grande likes while Europe turns a blind eye or only gives lip service to punishing it

Also correct-ish.  My first trip to Carmen, I was detained at gunpoint in a small office until my contact arrived to pay the “tax” for me coming to work.  FM3 in hand, pero no importante amigo. Motherfucker had gotten hung up and was 15 mins late getting to airport. 

Those fucking pangas used to come out and spear fish on the platforms we’d be diving on, causing all kinds of shit. You’d damn near have to sink the boat with the water cannons to get them to leave.  18-20’ boats with 85 Yamahas about 40 miles offshore. Crazy bastards. 

2 hours ago, next2naus said:

Eni and Agip are ecverywhere

Also correct.  

I spoke with some people just the other day that said Carmen has been really hurting over last few years, guessing crime will be ramping up soon.  Sucks because it used to be a decent-ish spot to live down there. 

Back in my late teens and early 20s when I dreamed of living on a sailboat, I knew there were pirates and imagined having a BAR, shotgun, and automatic pistols aboard to fend them off. I figured I'd be killed if they boarded anyway.

Use the BAR at distance to damage the pirate boat and show that is wasn't going to be easy. Shot gun for when their closer in then go to the pistols from the cabin as my last ditch. It was quite a lovely dream.

In reality, I'd likely offer myself for raping as I handed over my valuables and begged for my life.

I'm not the man I used to imagine myself to be.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, RomaVicta said:

Back in my late teens and early 20s when I dreamed of living on a sailboat, I knew there were pirates and imagined having a BAR, shotgun, and automatic pistols aboard to fend them off. I figured I'd be killed if they boarded anyway.

Use the BAR at distance to damage the pirate boat and show that is wasn't going to be easy. Shot gun for when their closer in then go to the pistols from the cabin as my last ditch. It was quite a lovely dream.

In reality, I'd likely offer myself for raping as I handed over my valuables and begged for my life.

I'm not the man I used to imagine myself to be.

13:45 to 28:02

Learn it, love it, LIVE IT!!!

• Like 1