I told you so

Camelback80

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

greggym you disappeared when pressed about your thoughts on Shaka's coaching because you don't have anything substantive to say. still waiting on you to answer those questions btw. you're also delusional if you think you don't talk shit to literally everyone who questions you and/or Shaka. and i'm sure that our next HC will be just thrilled to meet you as you offer to gargle his balls on site. 

also, a whole bunch of people here take cheap shots at the players, and i'm generally not one of them, so unless you've got some receipts i'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that claim. 

I don't disappear. I see no reason to give my thoughts in your bitchfest If I say anything that isn't completely negative, you start acting like a 2 year old. .If someone has a legitimate question, I will give my opinion. You've hated Coach Smart since Day 1. You live in your own reality and live there alone. Stay there.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Also calling posters out by name and then playing they "woe is me" card will not be tolerated. I'll straight up start nuking threads where this shit starts happening.

May I call out @immamac for promoting Steve Jobs and Apple products? You vill join ze PC master rrrace, Herr Mac!

On 3/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, realgreggym said:

I am here. No ome talks more crap than you do. No one takes more cheap shots at the players than you do. Maybe its that you're jealous because every scholarship kid the first day of their freshman year have already accomplished 2 things that you could never accomplish...be a student at UT and be a scholarship athlete. You never have and you will never have anything to do with the UT athletic dept. No one knows less but thinks he knows more than you do. Stick to telling the board who the next hot 16 year old is.

And if CDC thinks that its time to make a change, I will meet our new coach at the next basketball reunion and you won't be there because you haven't earned the right to be there.. And the only one that I talk crap to is you because you deserve it. I may disagree with other posters but I try to be decent towards them. It doesn't always work but you are in a class by yourself and that's not a good thing.

Not picking sides but why do you think he is taking cheap shots. Serious question. 

and since we're back, just for the record, greggym didn't disappear when *i* pressed him about one of Shaka's coaching decisions (Smart's decision to go with EDJ over Hamm and Banks)- that was 100% other posters asking him those questions, and gg disappeared when those questions were asked. that is to what i was referring. 

also i stand by what i said because it's the truth- i generally do not take cheap shots at our players- i've actively tried to avoid doing that for years. i'll call it like i see it, and i'll call a spade a spade, but i really try to avoid just shitting on a college kid who's just out there trying his best. I hated how many minutes/three point shots Baker was getting, for example, but I don't recall ever insulting him in any way. hell, i generally don't even take cheap shots at Shaka- why would I do so towards the players? 

Edited by Goo Punch

On 3/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, Goo Punch said:

why do you always want to nuke the thread instead of just taking action against whoever is "breaking the rules"? why not just punish the guilty parties appropriately and leave the thread for those who want to use it for its intended purpose?

did i call out greggym when it was unnecessary to do so? yes i did, that's my bad. but i gotta say i'm a little surprised to see you suddenly stepping in here ready to nuke shit from orbit after a two post exchange, when posters like immortal and herpa have been doing much, much worse (totally tangential call outs with 10x more vitriol and personal attacks, never even mentioning the thread subject) and nothing was said to them despite repeated post reports by multiple posters here (i know for a fact that at least three of us reported the posts and there was no mod response). so i hear what you're saying, and i'm down to abide, it just would have been a lot cooler if you hadn't waited until the season was virtually over to start enforcing these types of rules. 

source (4).gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Not picking sides but why do you think he is taking cheap shots. Serious question. 

Because he's been doing it for years. If you give an opposing opinion to his, he attacks you as he has done many times to posters because he thinks his opinion is fact and you're wrong. He has done this on other threads as well. You notice when I mention the Sam thread, he never says anything. He lives in his own reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

and since we're back, just for the record, greggym didn't disappear when *i* pressed him about one of Shaka's coaching decisions (Smart's decision to go with EDJ over Hamm and Banks)- that was 100% other posters asking him those questions, and gg disappeared when those questions were asked. that is to what i was referring. 

also i stand by what i said because it's the truth- i generally do not take cheap shots at our players- i've actively tried to avoid doing that for years. i'll call it like i see it, and i'll call a spade a spade, but i really try to avoid just shitting on a college kid who's just out there trying his best. I hated how many minutes/three point shots Baker was getting, for example, but I don't recall ever insulting him in any way. hell, i generally don't even take cheap shots at Shaka- why would I do so towards the players? 

You have no clue if you think that you don't take shots at the kids.. Just because you think something is the truth doesn't mean it is. I have answered that question several times and if someone asks a legitimate question, I do my best to answer.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, realgreggym said:

You have no clue if you think that you don't take shots at the kids.. Just because you think something is the truth doesn't mean it is. I have answered that question several times and if someone asks a legitimate question, I do my best to answer.  

Lmao you say that like the kids read this shit and take it seriously...they don't need you to protect them from goo punch buddy. I get that the guy can be annoying but holy shit at your "i got to meet the coach and i earned the right to be there post".....bet you felt real important writing that 😹😹

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lmao you say that like the kids read this shit and take it seriously...they don't need you to protect them from goo punch buddy. I get that the guy can be annoying but holy shit at your "i got to meet the coach and i earned the right to be there post".....bet you felt real important writing that 😹😹

I don't need this site to feel important about anything.  I don't feel the need to protect these kids. I will call out this t shirt fan who thinks his opinion is fact and goes after posters who disagree with him. I think that I know why he thinks the way he does and he's wrong And my definition of a t shirt fan is someone who didn't go to UT but supports the team and they are all appreciated. Some of our best fans were t shirt fans. I use the term only with him to remind him that he's not who he thinks he is.

22 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Sorry to disappoint but I did respond. If its that important to you go back and look. 

you are embarrassing yourself now.  you claimed Shaka was creating a mismatch on the other end.  I asked you what mismatch he created in post #289 on the Tech game thread.  the thread ended with post #300 with no response from you.  everyone can see you didn't respond.

Its OK to say you had no idea what you were saying when you spouted off bullshit about Shaka wanting to create a mismatch.  we are a forgiving bunch here at Surly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

If its that important to you go back and look. 

I did. That's how I know you didn't respond to my question. 

You said:

I never gave my personal comment on the move 

I then asked

Do you personally agree with his strategy in that instance, or not? 

because explaining things people already know and then saying "but I'm not giving my personal opinion on whether that was a good or bad thing" is a typically Boomer linguistic game to play, and not one that fools anyone. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I did. That's how I know you didn't respond to my question. 

You said:

I then asked

because explaining things people already know and then saying "but I'm not giving my personal opinion on whether that was a good or bad thing" is a typically Boomer linguistic game to play, and not one that fools anyone. 

I have no idea what you are doing. You must be having a Joe Biden moment.

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you are embarrassing yourself now.  you claimed Shaka was creating a mismatch on the other end.  I asked you what mismatch he created in post #289 on the Tech game thread.  the thread ended with post #300 with no response from you.  everyone can see you didn't respond.

Its OK to say you had no idea what you were saying when you spouted off bullshit about Shaka wanting to create a mismatch.  we are a forgiving bunch here at Surly.

I told you what I thought on post 288. If you disagree, thats fine. I was giving you my opinion because I was asked to. If you and others disagree,  fine. Thats why its called an opinion. Did it work? No. Would we have been better off with Banks. probably not. Coaches make decisions all the time and sometimes they are wrong. Pete Carroll was wrong on 4th and 1. Saban was wrong kicking that field goal and maybe you remember the teams in the Super Bowl but didn't one team pass the ball close to the goal line, the ball was intercepted and they lost the game. Coaches make good decisions and sometimes they make bad decisions.

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

gg you made a huge stink about how you will always answer any question that anyone (besides me) gives to you, and since then you've done nothing but avoid answering the questions that other people have been asking you for days. just answer the questions.

I've answered plenty of questions including some of yours. If I missed one or two, so be it.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

These goddamned personal pissing matches are as worthless to basketball as the tits on Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner are to Steel Shank.

I get it but is the its the "I told you so" thread.  it was always gonna be a pissing match thread. at least its not on the fire shaka thread.

38 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I told you what I thought on post 288. If you disagree, thats fine. I was giving you my opinion because I was asked to. If you and others disagree,  fine. Thats why its called an opinion. Did it work? No. Would we have been better off with Banks. probably not. Coaches make decisions all the time and sometimes they are wrong. Pete Carroll was wrong on 4th and 1. Saban was wrong kicking that field goal and maybe you remember the teams in the Super Bowl but didn't one team pass the ball close to the goal line, the ball was intercepted and they lost the game. Coaches make good decisions and sometimes they make bad decisions.

This is what you said in response to Derka(do not take this as a defense of/for Derka, this is about Shaka being a shitty coach)  "None of our big men were going to stop the Duke kid. So Coach put a smaller guy on him in hopes of creating a mismatch at the other end. But you probably never saw that in a video so you wouldn't understand."

It wasn't an opinion it was stated as fact because you are the basketball coaching savant and no one could understand but you.  I asked what mismatch on the other end and you never answered.  normaly I don't go this far into these "yeah but" sessions but you really make it easy to bat the bunny and I thought I might try my best against a top 3 high school master debater.

to be clear this is what you said on 288 "Coaches make decisions based on their personnel.  To say that this kid or that kid would have been a better option is based on a dream and not reality.  Coach thought that none of the big men would stop Bagley on defense and would probably add nothing on offense so he took; a chance to create a mismatch on the other end. 

You don't need to have volumes of data.  Just a basic understanding of the game."  This was in response Longhorn Matt as if you borg'd into Shaka's head

on 289 I said and asked "so the plan was to give up a sure 2 points to Duke hoping our mismatch on the other end would result in a sure 2 or 3 points.  what players were the mismatch he "created" on the other end?"

you never answered this question and you still haven't answered it.

tldr : Shaka sucks and the move had ZERO logical basketball component to it. you can't even tell me what mismatch it created.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

This is what you said in response to Derka(do not take this as a defense of/for Derka, this is about Shaka being a shitty coach)  "None of our big men were going to stop the Duke kid. So Coach put a smaller guy on him in hopes of creating a mismatch at the other end. But you probably never saw that in a video so you wouldn't understand."

It wasn't an opinion it was stated as fact because you are the basketball coaching savant and no one could understand but you.  I asked what mismatch on the other end and you never answered.  normaly I don't go this far into these "yeah but" sessions but you really make it easy to bat the bunny and I thought I might try my best against a top 3 high school master debater.

to be clear this is what you said on 288 "Coaches make decisions based on their personnel.  To say that this kid or that kid would have been a better option is based on a dream and not reality.  Coach thought that none of the big men would stop Bagley on defense and would probably add nothing on offense so he took; a chance to create a mismatch on the other end. 

You don't need to have volumes of data.  Just a basic understanding of the game."  This was in response Longhorn Matt as if you borg'd into Shaka's head

on 289 I said and asked "so the plan was to give up a sure 2 points to Duke hoping our mismatch on the other end would result in a sure 2 or 3 points.  what players were the mismatch he "created" on the other end?"

you never answered this question and you still haven't answered it.

tldr : Shaka sucks and the move had ZERO logical basketball component to it. you can't even tell me what mismatch it created.

This isn't rocket science. Bagley was being covered by Davis. He's a guard. The mismatch on the other end was that if Davis could hit a shot or two from the outside, that could draw Bagley out from the basket and possibly open up he inside for his teammates. As you even admitted, I was being asked questions by a couple of posters. If I missed a question, sue me. I have probably answered more questions than just about anyone on this board.  You're not going to change my  mind. I am not going to change your mind and I could care Move on.

23 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

This isn't rocket science. Bagley was being covered by Davis. He's a guard. The mismatch on the other end was that if Davis could hit a shot or two from the outside, that could draw Bagley out from the basket and possibly open up he inside for his teammates. As you even admitted, I was being asked questions by a couple of posters. If I missed a question, sue me. I have probably answered more questions than just about anyone on this board.  You're not going to change my  mind. I am not going to change your mind and I could care Move on.

thanks.  I figured this would be your answer.  Bagley actually covered Osetkowski

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

Now we know that Shaka will be coming back next year, is it too early for Cameltoejam to start another thread about how he told us so?

But but but......Shaka was going to reach the Sweet 16 this season, he was cheated by that fucking virus.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Camelback77 said:

I just popped in...

To see what condition my condition was in

You projected this would be the year we would compete for the national title so, guess we're gonna fuck around and find out. As of this post though, Shaka has still yet to win a tournament game at Texas.

Edited by perfectchaos007

22 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

You projected this would be the year we would compete for the national title so, guess we're gonna fuck around and find out. As of this post though, Shaka has still yet to win a tournament game at Texas.

You're projecting Abilene Christian through to the 2nd round?

• Fuck You 16