C-Man

Dallas | BBQ

On 10/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, TankedBevo said:

Has anyone been to Blu’s lately? I wonder if they’ve worked out the kinks since they’ve opened

I was at Blu’s on Sunday for the first time... Not sure what kinks you’re referring to, but I had a good meal.

My only complaint is that if you want to eat there, they still serve the food to you in a to-go bag.

1 hour ago, RiceOwl said:

I was at Blu’s on Sunday for the first time... Not sure what kinks you’re referring to, but I had a good meal.

My only complaint is that if you want to eat there, they still serve the food to you in a to-go bag.

Looks like it was one review by conVINCED on here and another review thru the observer that mentioned consistency issues. After searching this thread it looks like the vast majority here thought it was good to great. I’ll probably be stopping by tomorrow for lunch. Much appreciated

Edited by TankedBevo
Holy Run-on sentence

On 10/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, TankedBevo said:

Has anyone been to Blu’s lately? I wonder if they’ve worked out the kinks since they’ve opened

Me and @threesheets went in early September and it was good.  The guy doing the carving needed a little more practice and the brisket needed a bit more smoke.  But all in all was good.  Been meaning to go back just haven’t made it.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, Both Tacos said:

Lando, I may have found competition to the worst bbq in Dallas. One of my employees birthday is today and asked him where he wanted to go for lunch. Knowing he likes BBQ, I said we can head to Hutchins here in McKinney. He says, nope let's go to Ray's BBQ in Allen. Never heard of the place but figured he has been to Hutchins with us plenty if times, he knows what we like.
Well, Ray's is a little shack and I thought "This place looks like someone that puts their heart into their meat, not the establishment".
Well, I was wrong. Got the 2 meat plate and they are lucky they had fried okra or I may have gone spider monkey on someone for serving up that excuse of BBQ. And yes, that is their "sliced moist brisket".
So here I am on the shitter now for the 3rd time since we got back, typing out this review. 6b70b040eeee116c57e8de5eaf592071.jpg

I tried that place once and the brisket was inedible. The okra is legit and I usually go by there just to get a big side of okra if I'm cooking something at home and want okra with it. It's run by brothas and sistas so maybe it's a different style of bbq that I'm not accustomed to but I didn't enjoy any of the meats. 

Edited by Junior Miller

On 9/17/2019 at 2:47 PM, threesheets said:

Anyone been to Winner's on 14th in Plano?  Owner (Deandre Jackson) played db at Iowa State, was preseason all Big 12 in '06.  I don't remember him but he was obviously a baller.

https://www.winnersbbq.com/

13466486_306545766343437_569236826648878

Went about a year ago and you get a ton of food. It's not all that great but they give you a lot of it. The sausage was the best thing and tells you about all you need to know. 

If I'm stuck on 14th Street in the Shiloh area and can't venture and need something I'd get a chopped sandwich. 

Went to Delta Blue’s today... Good food, good ambiance, but very expensive...

It won’t be in my weekly rotation but I can see the appeal for the Plano business crowd who’s sick of Whiskey Cake and the like. 

I can’t make it but my cooking buddy is doing another pop-up in FW on Race Street. Go check him out — Seven Acres BBQ. He’s opening a small place down there after the New Year. Among traditional bbq, I’m sure he’s doing his beef cheek tacos, which are absolutely divine.

6d9c61247810f7769af266de8fe73f3f.jpg

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I can’t make it but my cooking buddy is doing another pop-up in FW on Race Street. Go check him out — Seven Acres BBQ. He’s opening a small place down there after the New Year. Among traditional bbq, I’m sure he’s doing his beef cheek tacos, which are absolutely divine.

6d9c61247810f7769af266de8fe73f3f.jpg

I can vouch for Seven Acres.  Wish he’d do more popping-up around Dallas.