The Return Of Kaepernick?

RPM

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it's happening because the league is littered with dog-shit for QBs.

true, but he's even worse. This is to get the NAACP(K)*  off their back.  A publicity stunt to win back the 5% of the fan base who are upset at the faux racism.

* National Association for the Advancement of Colin Kapernick.

• Like 2

LOlz...they hate black QBs.

Russell Wilson is the likely MVP, Lamar Jackson is arguably the leading candidate in the same discussion, and the current MVP is Patrick Mahomes. The #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft was Kyler Murray.

Possibly the most hated QB in the league is as white and suburban as can be in Baker Mayfield.

Weird, huh?  It's lazy as fuck to write it off to racism.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

I don’t understand all the hate toward that guy.

Patriotism is a religion for some people. Ironically, people who wouldn't know what you were talking about if you accused them of idolatry.

Is he wrong? About several things, maybe. That's a valid argument. There's a lot of things you can point to in his behavior that are inconsistent or possibly even hypocritical... but nothing that justifies vitriol. Unless you factor in that he's attacking somebody's sacred cow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Patriotism is a religion for some people. Ironically, people who wouldn't know what you were talking about if you accused them of idolatry.

Is he wrong? About several things, maybe. That's a valid argument. There's a lot of things you can point to in his behavior that are inconsistent or possibly even hypocritical... but nothing that justifies vitriol. Unless you factor in that he's attacking somebody's sacred cow.

I agree with where you're coming from, with one point of hesitation. Within my own circle of friends and family, I caught holy hell for saying i didn't have a problem with the kneeling during the anthem, as I felt it actually was a very serious threat to freedom to make standing required, at least in a " You must honor liberty by your compliance" mindset.   Kaepernick actually demonstrated the freedom represented by the anthem by doing his protests.  I still feel this way.

Where I disagree with him is the pig socks, the Che shirts, and generally showing his SJW ass while searching to refine his convoluted message to end up at "I am protesting during the anthem and what it represents( see first paragraph) to drive awareness of police brutality towards blacks." I believe he was disingenuous and sought to make a spectacle of himself. I also disagree with the notion that you get to show your ass/ run political statements at work without repercussions.  You shouldn't face arrest or governmental prosecution and he didn't, but that also doesn't mean Jerrah can't tell his team, "I expect you to stand or you will be sent packing." If you don't like Jerrah's rules for the workplace, then file a grievance or don't work there.   It was also tiresome as fuck how the media had to show every swinging dick who chose to kneel, as well as any folks who had their arms on the protesters shoulders.  Way to half-ass it, guys.

The most disappointing thing about this past week's discussions is that it's back in the news again.  Fuck Colin Kaepernick.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Chad said:

Kaep fucked himself when he opted out of his final year in SF where he would've been paid 14.5 million dollars. Nobody was going to break the bank for a controversial backup QB plagued by accuracy issues. I personally have nothing against the guy, I'm just tired of hearing his name relentlessly the last three years. He's 32 years old and hasn't played in years, I don't know what he could even bring to a NFL franchise at this point in the season. I wonder if this is a publicity move by the NFL, if it was part of the settlement or if Nike's money was talking, but this is a very bizarre turn of events.

His beef was always with SF, not the police. 

He walked away from SF because he thought he would get MORE in FA and was entitled to be a starter. This belief is the basis of his collusion claim. 

He thought he was entitled to both. It wasn’t because he was beat out by Gabbert on the worst team in the league, it was because of his social justice. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

After being benched for Gabbert, Denver tried to sign him before 2016

The Broncos tried to trade for Kaepernick in 2016, shortly after Peyton Manning announced his retirement. But in order to complete the trade with the 49ers, the Broncos wanted Kaepernick to accept a pay cut. The quarterback declined and returned to San Francisco for another season.

Kaepernick began his social justice protest the following 2016 preseason – he was spotted sitting during the national anthem for the first time during a game against the Broncos – and has been out of the league since opting out of his contract with the Niners in the 2017 offseason. Niners general manager later said the team would have cut Kaepernick had he not opted out.

At the time he opted out I am pretty sure they were just going to cut him and so it was a saving face measure more than anything.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-49ers-wouldve-cut-colin-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out-of-his-contract/

This morning, Dan Patrick said that this tryout is the result of Jay Z pressuring Goodell.  I'd be shocked if he ends up on a roster at this point.  He's not going to get the starter money he's looking for and seems unwilling to play a back up role.  He fucked up getting signed in Baltimore, and torched that bridge to the ground, which ironically would have been the best place for his skill set.

Edited by Hozz

Exactly. He needs to go somewhere where the qb already plays a very similar style to his. No one is going to want to completely retool the offense for the backup. Dumb it down maybe, because they might not know it all. But to go from pocket passes to zone read type plays, doesn’t make a lot of sense.

His career stats aren’t impressive. That’s why he’s unemployed.

57 minutes ago, Hozz said:

At the time he opted out I am pretty sure they were just going to cut him and so it was a saving face measure more than anything.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-49ers-wouldve-cut-colin-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out-of-his-contract/

This morning, Dan Patrick said that this tryout is the result of Jay Z pressuring Goodell.  I'd be shocked if he ends up on a roster at this point.  He's not going to get the starter money he's looking for and seems unwilling to play a back up role.  He fucked up getting signed in Baltimore, and torched that bridge to the ground, which ironically would have been the best place for his skill set.

Where has he said he wouldn’t play in a backup role? And why do people still, 3 fucking years later, still get so hot and bothered by him? 

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

Yeah.  When the 49ers figured out that they couldn't trade away his contract - even for free, they were going to cut him.

Everyone forgets that they couldn't get bites even before the kneeling debacle.  He had one offer that included a massive pay cut, and he turned it down.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yeah.  When the 49ers figured out that they couldn't trade away his contract - even for free, they were going to cut him.

Everyone forgets that they couldn't get bites even before the kneeling debacle.  He had one offer that included a massive pay cut, and he turned it down.

This article is from the offseason before and paints the pre-kneeling situation:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/29/11364848/colin-kaepernick-trade-49ers-denver-broncos-paxton-lynch

Despite months of trade rumors, Colin Kaepernick will play for the San Francisco 49ers in 2016, team general manager Trent Baalke said during the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft on Thursday. This seems like the end of a long and drawn-out trade saga that linked the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Denver Broncos to the 28-year-old quarterback.

When the Denver Broncos drafted quarterback Paxton Lynch, it all but confirmed that Kaepernick would stay put. Baalke confirmed that the 49ers are moving forward with the guys currently on the roster and called Kaepernick a "big part of it."

"We're probably over with Kaepernick," Broncos GM John Elway said Thursday night.

The Broncos were the last team remaining in the Kaepernick discussion after the Browns and Jets quickly dropped out. They were reportedly trying to get Kaepernick to agree to a pay cut, but one never materialized. The Broncos filled their quarterback need this offseason by trading for Mark Sanchez and then trading up in the first round to draft Lynch.

Kaepernick, who signed an extension with the 49ers in 2014, is sitting on a guaranteed contract worth $11.9 million for 2016. But he also reportedly wanted to earn that money elsewhere after getting benched last season.

Kaepernick is getting paid big money, and he still has a multi-year deal that he can play on if he regains the starting job. However, new head coach Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke have maintained that Kaepernick will have to compete with Blaine Gabbert, the man he was benched for last season

I believe Kap performed sex on jkwellborns wife and/or girlfriend.
Just tired of hearing about the clown.
He's unemployed for a variety of reasons. You can overcome being a mediocre talent in the NFL. You can also overcome being a noxious personality. You can't overcome both at once, however.

You certainly can’t do it expecting starting qb money.

• 1 month later...
Iran Declines To Sign Colin Kaepernick After Reviewing Workout Video
January 6th, 2020

article-5360-1.jpg

TEHRAN—Colin Kaepernick sent his workout video to Iran after learning they may have recently opened up a position but has yet to receive a phone call.

Kaepernick condemned American attacks on Iranian terrorists last week, inciting rumors that he may have found a team interested in him in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. But Iranian officials have dispelled the rumors, stating clearly and unequivocally that "we have no interest in signing Kaepernick at this time, but we wish him well in his future endeavors."

"It's disappointing to see that Iran is as hateful as America," a downcast Kaepernick said in a press conference. "I expected to be welcomed as a hero over there, but apparently, they too are biased against people with dark skin." Kaepernick plans to protest Iran's hate by continuing to kneel during the American national anthem.

Iran has clarified that they agree with Kaepernick ideologically, but they need someone who can throw.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

Iran Declines To Sign Colin Kaepernick After Reviewing Workout Video
January 6th, 2020

article-5360-1.jpg

TEHRAN—Colin Kaepernick sent his workout video to Iran after learning they may have recently opened up a position but has yet to receive a phone call.

Kaepernick condemned American attacks on Iranian terrorists last week, inciting rumors that he may have found a team interested in him in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. But Iranian officials have dispelled the rumors, stating clearly and unequivocally that "we have no interest in signing Kaepernick at this time, but we wish him well in his future endeavors."

"It's disappointing to see that Iran is as hateful as America," a downcast Kaepernick said in a press conference. "I expected to be welcomed as a hero over there, but apparently, they too are biased against people with dark skin." Kaepernick plans to protest Iran's hate by continuing to kneel during the American national anthem.

Iran has clarified that they agree with Kaepernick ideologically, but they need someone who can throw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

That family photo really puts things into perspective.

I never went to church, so I might have my details wrong. But CK reminds me of Moses--adopted and raised by the Pharaoh as his own son and demonstrated his gratitude by calling down plagues on his adopted father's kingdom and people. (no CR)