Poncho was a bandit boy.....

MAROON

loooool

The envelope was white letterhead reading, “Office the State of Texas House of Representatives Member Poncho Nevarez.“ A review of video footage by DPS officers showed Poncho exiting the airport in burnt orange, dropping the sealed envelope and getting into an SUV driven by his chief of staff.

and to think i always thought this was the most unrealistic part of the movie:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e34d0381-bba3-43df-9cec-8cc1e0cd29d2

"Through training and experience, I have learned that individuals involved in the possession of narcotics would like to remain discreet and typically conceal the narcotics as best they can," wrote Special Agent Otto Cabrera. "Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that [Nevárez], using his own letterhead envelope, licked and sealed the envelope that contained the cocaine in order to keep it concealed."

DPS trolling him... lol.

They buried the lede in those articles, at least for Surly purposes.

Simply put, we on Surly are all Pancho Nevarez.

Security camera footage verified that Nevarez had accidentally dropped the drug-filled envelope when transferring from his plane to his car.

It is not yet known what business Nevarez was attending to in Austin that weekend, though it is notably the same weekend that the University of Texas football team played Louisiana State University, a high-profile matchup that attracted many lawmakers. Nevarez, a graduate of UT, was wearing a burnt orange shirt at the time he dropped his cocaine.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, clapclapclap said:

Nevárez chairs the powerful Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee 

Thankfully a guy running cocaine is highly unlikely to be approached/blackmailed by the cartels into becoming a mole....

2grams is not "running" cocaine, that's a weeknight stash.

I knew a Saudi at UT who would fly back home during breaks with a key of coke in a diplomatic pouch for his father that was head of some huge state oil co.  He laughingly said the airport dogs would always go crazy when he walked by them.

Nice guy. Strict Muslim. I knew his roommate real well and he told us all this like it was nothing when he declined our invite to go to Padre during spring break (‘98).  

i hope things are a little different now.