Google Messaging App - Messages

MoJames

Google is finally rolling out RCS for Messages. I've been waiting for this for some time. Will allow quite a bit better integration between other google apps and other RCS message services. Been fumbling through Verizon's for a while now.

To make your conversations more seamless, we’ve worked on upgrading traditional SMS text messaging with more useful chat features, powered by RCS (Rich Communication Services). When you and your friends message each other with these chat features, you can chat over Wi-Fi or mobile data, send and receive high-resolution photos and videos, and see if people have received your latest messages. Plus, you’ll get better group chats, with the ability to name groups, add and remove people to and from groups, and see if people haven’t seen the latest messages.

https://www.blog.google/products/rcs/upgrading-messaging-android-us-rcs/

So I downloaded Messenger on my Note 9, and it keeps telling me all my old texts are new.  ie, I'll get 500 "new" text notifications that are not new at all.  They're months old only new to the Messenger app.  I'll clear the notifications and they'll light up in 5 minutes again.  How do I fix this?

So I downloaded Messenger on my Note 9, and it keeps telling me all my old texts are new.  ie, I'll get 500 "new" text notifications that are not new at all.  They're months old only new to the Messenger app.  I'll clear the notifications and they'll light up in 5 minutes again.  How do I fix this?
I had the same experience when I tried it yesterday. It also was just killing the CPU on my S8, motherfucker was about burning a hole in my pocket. Deleted it and went back to Textra with haste.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:09 AM, Casual Encounter said:

Trust me, your wife likes multiple positions besides missionary, too. You should talk to her about it.

Indeed she does.

But texting being on the level with sex for some of you folks is precisely my point.

• Like 1