Dallas | Italian

C-Man

7 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Kinda just depends what you’re into.  And by you, I mean your date.  Maybe take her shopping before dinner if you do Fachini then drinks after.  Chicks dig that shit.  Boom...Christmas and date night in a box.  And honestly, if you’re doing this soon, pretty tough to beat the lights and holiday vibe around HPV.  Traffic sucks right now and you better get to work on a reservation like yesterday.  But it’s festive as fuck.  I’d probably go Fachini.

Haha.  By "my date" I should have specified my wife.  I read this out loud and started dying at this part.  Of course, I started laughing at the shopping part and she says "wait, if I was just your girlfriend you would go shopping but now it's funny....I think shopping is a great fucking idea"...  so thanks for that.  Still not sure what we'll do.  i actually have reservations for both this coming Saturday.  Have a colleague at work going to snag the one I don't use so he's bugging me as well but I may just decide on Saturday.  Completely off topic but has anyone been to the Hyde Christmas Bar in Deep Ellum?  It's not close to either place but late reservations and wife is bugging me to go there for early drinks.

And I think my favorite Veal Parm is Rao's in Vegas and i'll be there for work in February anyways so sounds like I better make my decision here independent of my desire for that dish or I'll just be disappointed.

11 hours ago, Skipper said:

Haha.  By "my date" I should have specified my wife.  I read this out loud and started dying at this part.  Of course, I started laughing at the shopping part and she says "wait, if I was just your girlfriend you would go shopping but now it's funny....I think shopping is a great fucking idea"...  so thanks for that.  Still not sure what we'll do.  i actually have reservations for both this coming Saturday.  Have a colleague at work going to snag the one I don't use so he's bugging me as well but I may just decide on Saturday.  Completely off topic but has anyone been to the Hyde Christmas Bar in Deep Ellum?  It's not close to either place but late reservations and wife is bugging me to go there for early drinks.

And I think my favorite Veal Parm is Rao's in Vegas and i'll be there for work in February anyways so sounds like I better make my decision here independent of my desire for that dish or I'll just be disappointed.

Haha tell Mrs Skipper I said “you’re welcome.”

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, Sparky said:

Looks like Eater Dallas has spoken on this matter.

https://dallas.eater.com/maps/best-italian-restaurants-dallas-where-to-eat

I will go ahead and vouch for Pane Vino Osteria. I tried it last year when I was marathon training. Lots of Italian on Friday night. Tried it because of this list. This restaurant is the bomb. It’s a shame it’s in a strip mall off of Beltline. But oh well. Food is fantastic. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Late V day dinner at Sprezza on Tuesday, very pumped. Any must orders?

Menu changes a lot. Hard to say what's on there at the moment. It's good AF. Just looked and I think the "Tradizione" is pretty constant. The carbonara is terrific -- if you like carbonara (it's very rich). I'd ask the server for their opinion and kind of go with it. Make sure you get copious amounts of the sourdough bread -- so fucking good.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Always strange to see these announcements in the time of corona but Carbone, the NY Italian restaurant, is coming to the Design District. 

Carbone, a Michelin-starred Italian restaurant in New York, will open in Dallas

The lauded restaurant’s operators signed a lease in the Dallas Design District.

Carbone originated in New York City and has grown to Hong Kong and Las Vegas. Dallas is next.
Carbone originated in New York City and has grown to Hong Kong and Las Vegas. Dallas is next.(Gotham / Getty Images)

By Sarah Blaskovich

10:16 AM on Aug 31, 2020

Michelin-starred Italian restaurant Carbone is expanding to Dallas.

The New York City red-sauce restaurant with a “lust for excess” is expected to open in the Dallas Design District Dec. 1.

“We love Dallas and have always felt that it would be an incredible home for Carbone,” says Jeff Zalaznick, managing partner for Carbone’s parent company Major Food Group (MFG) out of New York City.

Stephen Summers, the Dallas investor who has been working for eight years to bring Carbone to Dallas, says the team at MFG is “seemingly the best restaurateurs in the most important restaurant city in the world.”

Summers calls the Carbone deal in Texas “a big coup for Dallas.”

Carbone will replace Wheelhouse and Sassetta, two restaurants owned by billionaire Tim Headington that did not reopen after the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Sassetta will likely relocate to downtown Dallas, says Jeny Bania, Headington’s senior vice president of PR and brand marketing.

Carbone is described by the Michelin guide as a “gorgeous” restaurant with a Godfather-like quality. It’s a place that feeds “brash bankers with big appetites,” many who pay $250 per person to eat there. Menu items include shrimp scampi, veal parmesan, whole lobster and New York strip steaks. The most popular dishes, according to Zalaznick, include the spicy rigatoni and the meatballs.

“While the food is unbelievably, exceptionally well prepared, the settings are unpretentious and fun,” Summers says. “It’s high energy, high theater, high drama. Everything about it is next-level.”

The $18 lemon cheesecake just might be “the best you’ll ever have in your life,” says a 2013 review in The New York Times. The cheesecake remains on the menu seven years later.

The Caesar salad, also a popular dish according to Zalaznick, is $25. Why’s the salad so pricey? “We are making most likely the most expensive version of something you’ve had many times before,” chef and managing partner Mario Carbone told Eater back in 2014. “If you can get over that fact, hopefully we can produce the best one as well.”

Carbone is not to be confused with Carbone’s Fine Food & Wine, an Italian restaurant and grocery on Oak Lawn Avenue in Dallas. Carbone’s is operated by Highland Park restaurateur Julian Barsotti, who runs some of Dallas’ best Italian restaurants with Nonna, Sprezza and Fachini. (Summers is an investor in these restaurants, too.)

Don't confuse Carbone's Fine Food & Wine with Carbone. Pictured here: Carbone's tortellini and Italian sausage with vodka sauce. Don't confuse Carbone's Fine Food & Wine with Carbone. Pictured here: Carbone's tortellini and Italian sausage with vodka sauce.(Nathan Hunsinger / Staff Photographer)

Carbone’s in Dallas opened in 2012 and isn’t related to Carbone in New York, which opened in 2013. Carbone’s was named for Barsotti’s great-grandfather’s restaurants that operated in New York and New Jersey for more than 60 years.

MFG operates a host of restaurants, including Dirty French, a New York bistro; ZZ’s Clam Bar, a seafood restaurant; Parm, a casual Italian-American restaurant; and Sadelle’s, a brunch spot. All started in New York City.

Carbone also exists in Hong Kong and Las Vegas.

Zalaznick says there’s “something very special about the Dallas Design District, and we are thrilled to become part of this exciting neighborhood.”

Bill Hutchinson, president of Dunhill Partners and the Dallas Design District’s most prolific developer, was part of the Carbone deal. Hutchinson brought similar celebrity to the Design District when he partnered with Richard Branson to build the Virgin Hotel in Dallas.

Hutchinson also stars on a Lifetime TV show called Marrying Millions.

The lease for Carbone was signed in late summer, in the midst of a pandemic that has threatened hundreds of small-scale restaurants in Dallas.

Hutchinson believes Dallas restaurant sales are about to swing up if they haven’t already. Some of the Dallas restaurants he has invested in, like Toulouse, Taverna and Doce Mesas, are learning to adapt to 50% occupancy and are expanding their patio seating, he says.

“Luckily, in Dallas, people are getting out, they’re socializing, they’re dining,” Hutchinson says. “That’s helping the economy and it’s keeping the restaurants open. And that’s what we need in this community.”

Despite increased traffic to restaurants, Dallas County health officials continue to recommend that residents “stay home, stay safe” to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Hutchinson says securing Carbone is “not only a survival story, but a ’we’re coming back, big’ story.”

“We’re bringing in world-famous restaurants. They want to be here because they see the energy and the social life and vibrance of the Dallas community.”

35 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I give it about 2 years. Can’t remember how long Il Mulino lasted in Uptown but it wasn’t very long.

Remember Phil Romano's lawsuit over the DMN Il Mulino review that alleged that the risotto was par cooked in advance?   lol

Speaking of Italian...

We finally did a takeout from Lucia.  Because of the small room and no patio, that's all they can do.   It's a $100 package for a meal for 4, with a feature that changes every week (last week was fettuccine bolognese).  You get a salad of some kind, the amazing bread and butter, a pasta main dish and dessert.   The pasta is fresh but uncooked.  You cook it at home and heat up the sauce.   Damn, it was all really good.  You can get salumi, other sides and wine bottles to pair with the meal as well.   Macaeillo is also doing takeout meals, but they are big sandwiches featuring their cured meats.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I give it about 2 years. Can’t remember how long Il Mulino lasted in Uptown but it wasn’t very long.

Really?  Hell...Circo made it about that long and it was horrendous.  The one time I had Carbone (Vegas at Aria), it was spectacular.  I don't think Bill Hutchinson fails nearly as much as some of those money dumbasses behind Il Mulino and Circo.  I kinda has excite.

1 hour ago, DFWTexEx said:

Remember Phil Romano's lawsuit over the DMN Il Mulino review that alleged that the risotto was par cooked in advance?   lol

Lol...yeah exhibit A of above mentioned "money dumbasses".  He and Palladino strike out a lot more than they hit.  But hey, they're laughing all the way to the bank so what the fuck do I know?

Really?  Hell...Circo made it about that long and it was horrendous.  The one time I had Carbone (Vegas at Aria), it was spectacular.  I don't think Bill Hutchinson fails nearly as much as some of those money dumbasses behind Il Mulino and Circo.  I kinda has excite.

Definitely not a comment about the quality of Carbone, more of a question mark on the Dallas market supporting it for a decent amount of time. Guess we will find out.

20 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Definitely not a comment about the quality of Carbone, more of a question mark on the Dallas market supporting it for a decent amount of time. Guess we will find out.

I was too young to understand why Il Mulino failed (in law school) but I've never understood why Dallas hasn't been able to support a high end NY style Italian spot.  It's the one cuisine that has lacked in this town.  Hopefully this can stick.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’ve read the restaurant game was tough as shit in the best of times... I have no idea how an investor/owner-operator could green light opening up a new restaurant right now. 

I couldn’t imagine buying houses in 2007 either, but a lot of people with a shit ton of money did.  Being an operator and trying to make the numbers work in restaurants right now would suck, but as an investor, I’m sure there are some great deals to be had.

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, Landomatic said:

Eataly coming to Dallas.  Can. Not. Wait.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2019/05/07/eataly-northpark-center-confirm-italian-food-experience-coming-dallas

Sorry, Jimmy’s...gonna have to cheat on you.

It's open.  Looks badass...

https://www.peoplenewspapers.com/2020/12/10/ciao-dy-folks-eataly-dallas-now-open/

• 1 month later...

Wow, I guess I don't get out much any more.  Just got this email...not sure I follow any of it though.  So, Macellaio and Lucia are both closed?  Or Macellaio is closing?  Or both are moving?  And one is moving to where Salaryman used to be?  Maybe @DFWTexEx or one of our other BA people can decode.

No love lost from me if Macellaio permanently shutters.  That place was insultingly bad the one time I ate there, pre-pandemic.

https://lucia-106392.square.site/

Hi, Everyone--

After a bit of a breather, we're back! And we're getting settled into our new home at 287 N. Bishop Ave. 

Over the next few months, we'll be nesting in the former Macellaio space. We're looking forward to welcoming you into the new Lucia dining room sometime in the spring.

This week, we're launching Lucia To Go in Salaryman's former space. Since we wanted to start cooking for you sooner rather than later, our To Go spot will look a bit like a pop up for now. We're in the process of making the space our own and putting up new signage. Thank you for your patience!

The pick up area for Lucia To Go is between Macellaio's former space and Azucar Ice Cream. We'll have signs posted directing you where to go.

We're looking forward to seeing you!

--Jennifer and David

TO GO PICK UP HOURS

3- 6 pm

Thursday Jan. 21 - Saturday Jan 23

Our menu changes every Tuesday, so orders can only be placed in the same week you will be picking up.

Orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours before your pickup time. 

PLACE YOUR ORDER, SCHEDULE PICKUP & PAY HERE.

MENU FOR JAN 21 - JAN 23

TONARELLI WITH RAGU BIANCO & MUSHROOMS
DINNER FOR 4

Serves one meal for 4 or two meals for 2

House-made bread and butter

Chicory salad with green goddess dressing and crispy seeds

Tonarelli with ragu bianco and mushrooms
(Ragu bianco is a traditional white meat sauce made with pork, veal, mirepoix, garlic and white wine)

Milk chocolate panna cotta with dark chocolate budino

*Entree comes cold. We provide simple reheating instructions and pasta cooking instructions.

**Menu contains pork, veal, dairy, eggs and gluten.

***No changes to the menu can be accommodated.

SALUMI

CHEF'S CHOICE SALUMI  $30
This is for 1 large Chef’s Choice salumi board with 5 different types of salumi.

ADDITIONAL SIDES

WHIPPED RICOTTA WITH LEMON & OLIVE OIL  8 oz  $7

FRUIT CHUTNEY   8 oz  $6

Sweet and savory jam. We recommend it as a complement to salumi and our whipped ricotta.

CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH BROWN BUTTER BREADCRUMBS 16 oz  $11

OLIVES $6

LOAF OF OUR RUSTIC BREAD  $10 

---------------------------------------------------------

LUCIA
287 N. Bishop Ave
Dallas, TX 75208

214-364-8902

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Wow, I guess I don't get out much any more.  Just got this email...not sure I follow any of it though.  So, Macellaio and Lucia are both closed?  Or Macellaio is closing?  Or both are moving?  And one is moving to where Salaryman used to be?  Maybe @DFWTexEx or one of our other BA people can decode.

No love lost from me if Macellaio permanently shutters.  That place was insultingly bad the one time I ate there, pre-pandemic.

https://lucia-106392.square.site/

The Jennifer and Davis Ugyur owned at operated Lucia and Macellaio.  They also held the lease and financed Salaryman, the super popular, award winning Japanese / Ramen space next to Macellaio.

The pandemic made operating the legacy version of Lucia impossible   No outdoor dining.   Its charming, intimate but very tight space, left no opportunity to for social distancing or outdoor dining.

Macellaio eventually re-opened because of the outdoor dining space and open spaces inside, but never picked up steam to pre-pandemic sales.   The takeout menus from Lucia and Macellaio almost always sold out, but that was not enough to keep both restaurants running with the loss of most of the liquor and wine sales.

Then, more tragedy, as Justin Holt, the former Lucia sous-chef chef that opened Salaryman to much acclaim, was diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukemia.  Salaryman tried to hang on through the summer with staff preparing the takeout food, but eventually had to close permanently.

The Ugyurs faced some significant challenges.   The thing that might have saved them, as sad as it seemed, is that the lease on the legacy Lucia space was expiring.   They had substantial continuing lease obligations on the Macellaio and Salaryman spaces.  

So, they made the decision to leave the charming Lucia space and move Lucia to the Macellaio space where it will operate on a bigger scale, with a full bar, outdoor dining, etc.   So, Lucia will live on, but different.  Macaellaio will close permanently.  The small Salaryman space will be used to stage the now successful Lucia takeout business.

All's well that ends well; we hope.  I too was not a big fan of Macaellaio so this suits me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Had anyone been to Ruggeri's in forever?
I used to work in Uptown and we'd go for lunch on occasion.  The founder/namesake croaked this week.

I went for the first and only time a couple of years ago when my parents were in town with my in-laws. My in-laws love the place. Hell, they might know Ruggeri. I enjoyed it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Had anyone been to Ruggeri's in forever?
I used to work in Uptown and we'd go for lunch on occasion.  The founder/namesake croaked this week.

In the 90’s it was Ruggeri’s or Lombardi’s. Both were classic and I had so many boring business lunches at each but also fun dinners. I remember when I didn’t know what Risotto was and thought that a Caesar salad was traditional Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

It moved to Preston/Royal years ago? Then got hit by the tornado and had to close for awhile for construction fixes and I think it’s back open. Haven’t been.

Yeah, that was kind of weird, as the prior inhabitant of that building, Pomodoro, was also a Quadrangle place, first.

I didn't realize anything north of Royal got schmacked by the tornado.  Most of that part of Preston Royal is largely unscathed, especially compared to the portions south of Royal.  But, I was rather "late" in venturing up that way and was pretty shocked at the destruction.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The central market at Preston Royal is still closed for reconstruction and the fire station right there was totally wiped out. But yeah there were some weird hits and misses in close proximity.

What's really weird is if you're coming south on Preston near sundown.  Previously, all the trees to the west blocked the setting sun, now they're gone or denuded and it's really glaring.  

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that was kind of weird, as the prior inhabitant of that building, Pomodoro, was also a Quadrangle place, first.

I didn't realize anything north of Royal got schmacked by the tornado.  Most of that part of Preston Royal is largely unscathed, especially compared to the portions south of Royal.  But, I was rather "late" in venturing up that way and was pretty shocked at the destruction.

8 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The central market at Preston Royal is still closed for reconstruction and the fire station right there was totally wiped out. But yeah there were some weird hits and misses in close proximity.

Yeah, that entire shopping center got fucking walloped. The SE corner closest to St. Mark's was entirely destroyed.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://dallas.eater.com/2021/2/9/22273950/monarch-dallas-national-downtown-opening-chef-danny-grant?fbclid=IwAR2Fzh5zSegtBkFm2-c-i2ZInU1Z-1as_9wcDh4m4zH2Y6iTSRCqkPyyFeo

Dallas’s Italian cuisine scene will get even stronger with the arrival of Monarch, a swanky new eatery with Michelin star cachet that’s set to open its doors in Downtown next month.

The restaurant will make its debut on the 49th floor of the National building at 1405 Elm Street on March 10, according to a press release. It’s the first Dallas restaurant from Chicago chef Danny Grant, who helmed the kitchen at RIA when it earned a Michelin star in 2011. Currently, Grant is the executive chef off the much-lauded Maple & Ash, which Eater Chicago describes as one of the city’s best steakhouses.

At Monarch, look forward to a menu of dishes centered around the restaurant’s wood-fired grilled, ranging from roasted jumbo prawns charred with fennel pollen, salsa verde, and Calabrian chile to wood-roasted wagyu tomahawk steaks and fire-roasted octopus. Freshly made pastas, including “giant” bucatini cacio e pepe and oxtail-stuffed mezzaluna, are also on the menu. The restaurant will even boast its own saltwater shellfish tank, where diners can choose their own whole live Alaskan king crabs to be roasted over fire and served with crab butter, chili pepper jus, and “savory crunchies.”

Monarch isn’t the only eatery that’s soon set to debut inside the National. In the coming weeks, it will be joined by Kessaku up on the 50th floor of the National, a small 60-seat restaurant that will focus on sushi flown in from all over the world and an extensive selection of sake. It’s expected to arrive sometime at the end of March.

And because there’s still a pandemic going on, diners will be required to wear masks inside Monarch unless they are eating or drinking. Capacity will be limited to 50 percent in keeping with current Dallas County guidelines.

When it opens, Monarch will be open for dinner service 7 days a week, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations can be made via the restaurant’s website.

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like Jimmy's has closed for about a month or more due to covid, according to their website.  I'm guessing they must be pretty resilient when it comes to all this shit, in terms of not being in real trouble of closing permanently, but damn they have to be taking it in the shorts this last year.

Of course, I don't really think they've always done themselves any favors with their operating model during covid either.  I mean, I guess they kind of started offering a very cumbersome curbside model with their groceries, but they also did away with their lunches altogether from what I could tell.  Seems they could have come up with a curbside model for that if they really needed the revenue.  To me, that was a much bigger reason for going to Jimmys.  Honestly, I can order just about anything they sell from Amazon these days.  Or Eataly is on Instacart and has everything Jimmy's has times 10.

But, what the hell do I know?  Love that place...hope they make it.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

@ChiTownDoc you got anything to do with this?

Yes sir.  That’s us.  I think it’s gonna be really special.  Just a passive investor here in all of Danny/Pisor’s places.  All good friends and they always nail it.  
If anyone ever needs help w rezos or anything just hit me up.  Appreciate any support you guys provide down there!

edit: sushi joint mentioned is also ‘our’ group.  You’ll be pleasantly surprised imo.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes sir.  That’s us.  I think it’s gonna be really special.  Just a passive investor here in all of Danny/Pisor’s places.  All good friends and they always nail it.  
If anyone ever needs help w rezos or anything just hit me up.  Appreciate any support you guys provide down there!

edit: sushi joint mentioned is also ‘our’ group.  You’ll be pleasantly surprised imo.  

I figured that might be the case.  We rarely go out downtown, but will gladly make an exception for any place you're backing/endorsing.  Looking forward to both.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Looks like Jimmy's has closed for about a month or more due to covid, according to their website.

What makes you say this?  Not sure when they closed, but my wife picked up a few things on Feb 3rd (glanced at cc statement), and their website says they're closed till 2/22 due to a single case.

We live close, so we drive by/go pretty frequently. On weekends there is often a line to get in, and not uncommon during the week either. Pretty much been like that all pandemic.

I certainly hope they're doing ok.

8 hours ago, Spoosner said:

What makes you say this?  Not sure when they closed, but my wife picked up a few things on Feb 3rd (glanced at cc statement), and their website says they're closed till 2/22 due to a single case.

We live close, so we drive by/go pretty frequently. On weekends there is often a line to get in, and not uncommon during the week either. Pretty much been like that all pandemic.

I certainly hope they're doing ok.

Website says...

In response to the rise in COVID-19 cases in Dallas in January, Jimmy’s Food Store is temporarily closing until February 22, 2021. We have had an exposure and we feel this step is the very best way to protect our customers, and employees, and to provide our staff some much deserved time off.

Not sure when they closed either, (apparently sometime after Feb 3 if your wife was there).  But, given their website referenced Covid cases in January and that they've had an exposure, I thought "closed for about a month or more due to covid" was a pretty fair statement.  With what's posted on their website, I assumed they closed around the end of January or beginning of February, so that would be about a month, but it could have been more.  And there's clearly no doubt it is definitely due to covid.  Not sure what was wrong about what I said?

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Website says...

Not sure when they closed either, (apparently sometime after Feb 3 if your wife was there).  But, given their website referenced Covid cases in January and that they've had an exposure, I thought "closed for about a month or more due to covid" was a pretty fair statement.  With what's posted on their website, I assumed they closed around the end of January or beginning of February, so that would be about a month, but it could have been more.  And there's clearly no doubt it is definitely due to covid.  Not sure what was wrong about what I said?

Nothing wrong, just making sure you didn't see something saying they were closed longer. I'm glad you mentioned. We probably would've headed there after thawing out this weekend and been disappointed to find them closed.

3 minutes ago, Spoosner said:

Nothing wrong, just making sure you didn't see something saying they were closed longer. I'm glad you mentioned. We probably would've headed there after thawing out this weekend and been disappointed to find them closed.

No, nothing other than what's on the website and just ball parking from there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/21/2021 at 3:30 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Did monarch.   One meeting.  Flew in 6pm.  On the bird now.  

you guys have a good one.  Jesus.  Vegas/Miami level Pussy.  Unreal 

Edit: may have booted Joe J w. Fuck Texas welcome.  May not have...

On 5/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, Skipper said:

We had Monarch Reservations earlier this month for our anniversary and ended up going out of town that weekend.   Rescheduled for around this time next month.  Looking forward to it.

You will not be disappointed. Went for my birthday with a group of 10 and it was fucking amazing. Food was great, drinks were great, "scenery" was great (as @ChiTownDoc mentioned) and as far as service, they rolled out the red carpet for us. Awesome space too. Being on the 49th floor, the views are obviously cool, but the best part is that it's huge, yet they somehow managed to make it all feel really intimate. Everyone in our group was blown away and from everything I've heard before and since we went, it is thee place to go in Dallas right now. They absolutely nailed every aspect of what makes a great restaurant experience...service, scene, ambiance and food. We never go out downtown, but we can't wait to go back.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1