TNF: Steelers @ Browns

spystud13

@Deej

He did avoid suspension/ disqualification, so technically...

Yeah, Garrett has had a couple of 'near misses' this season.  Can't remember the other game this season, but he had a huge personal foul that was just not part of the flow of the game.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep. Straight up G on that.

Man Rudolph took a fucking shot. Slo mo was pretty damn bad 

Well, on the bright side for Rudolph, he likely already had brain damage from being knocked unconscious last month. 

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nah, it’s a violent sport.

If he stabbed him with a switchblade that would be a different story. 

This is exactly the type of response I’d expect from you. 

8 hours ago, Drew said:

Crap I just saw what aggy boy did.

Bet TexAgs us having a field day, defending him.

Oh wait:
9ac1084ebe9cc122b7f242d5af20457f.jpg460e8f17f5049bb86f940e3e8fdf28ab.jpg
cc32abd5438246318e6a4393b3239a24.jpg
2fa14029cff549da1cf16c4fbcdc8737.jpg
7ca7d28b94b6a929ee37be44d5880579.jpg
bdfb35a8fb6d1c6122fa80814b90a4c7.jpg

Tmoneyag99 would make a great defense attorney. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we all know my client shot that guy, but he’s usually a chill cat so it doesn’t really count.

8 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Lol, have you read some of the VY threads? The guy could fuck some people's wifes here and they'd defend him. But I get your point, brainwashed homerism is very far from this place for the most part. 

aggy troll confirmed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

@Deej

Yeah, Garrett has had a couple of 'near misses' this season.  Can't remember the other game this season, but he had a huge personal foul that was just not part of the flow of the game.

He got fined in week 1 for a late hit. Then he got fine in week 2 for two roughing the passer calls, one of which ended Trevor Siemian’s season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

It's not often that several million people witness a felony assault live.

8 hours ago, Slade said:

Fortunately he didn't catch him with the crown of the helmet. The dumb Aggy has got to go. 

If he hit him with the crown instead of the neck padding, the NFL very well could have a nationally televised in-prime-time manslaughter to deal with.  The suspension will be at least the rest of 2019.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it was indefinite with a chance to petition for reinstatement sometime in 2020.  They will impose a penalty stiff enough to try to ensure something like this never happens again.

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

6 games. It's the NFL. The commissioner is a fucking idiot who sucks at his job. The league prints money in spite of that fact.

I expect it will be the rest of this season just because they want to story to die ASAP and not carry over into next season. 

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Garrett should be arrested. That's straight up assault with a deadly weapon in any circumstance.

Have to admit, I remember seeing Randy White do that during a fight in a Cowboys game back in the late 70's/early 80's and I thought it was awesome.  

Of course that was back when the forearm shiver and head hunting were still legal.  

31 minutes ago, Iceman said:

@Deej

I get that, but it's a bit disingenuous for someone to claim he has shown no proclivity towards being a hothead. 

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Bullshit. Swinging a helmet at another guy's head outside the framework of a football play? That's got to be a felony. That's beyond the fucking pale. 

I mean, you can rightly argue that he should be charged.  I don’t think he will or should be because it’s football, vicious fights breakout all the time in practices that we don’t see and no one ever gets charged.  It’s not like Garrett was completely unprovoked either. Yes, he took it too far and yes he was very wrong but it’s a product of the violent environment that we pay to see.   No need to bring the law into this, leave it on the field. JMO

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I mean, you can rightly argue that he should be charged.  I don’t think he will or should be because it’s football, vicious fights breakout all the time in practices that we don’t see and no one ever gets charged.  It’s not like Garrett was completely unprovoked either. Yes, he took it too far and yes he was very wrong but it’s a product of the violent environment that we pay to see.   No need to bring the law into this, leave it on the field. JMO

Marty MacSorley

Just because Rudolph didn’t get hurt, people don’t think Myles should be charged? If the helmet landed differently, and Rudolph got knocked out, would it then be assault?. It is assault either way. You don’t get to only charge assault depending on the if they person can take the hit or not. 

• Like 1

Just to remind everyone how much hive mind Aggy is and just in case Texags goes on clean up mode:

4e38063c87ce3bd2dcb26b4810b45985.jpg

34ee6dd4f5aaa14144f7561e73602fe5.jpg

32671a31ce485b6f6121603831eea168.jpg

447309a8c49554c245dc329c2dff8156.jpg

3d5a2253a3ad0eac70c7c9bac1805ead.jpg

ee98494bc6b8f48be10302029c9b0f00.jpg

Basically Rudolf instigated poor Miles Garrett. He’s a bitch. And he tried to “square up” so he deserved to be hit with his helmet.

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just because Rudolph didn’t get hurt, people don’t think Myles should be charged? If the helmet landed differently, and Rudolph got knocked out, would it then be assault?. It is assault either way. You don’t get to only charge assault depending on the if they person can take the hit or not. 

It’s assault but criminally charging a football player for hitting another football player in the head with a helmet during a game sets a really bad precedent.  We watch football, boxing, and MMA because they assault each other.  Keeping the discipline out of the hands of law enforcement is really for the best. 

15 minutes ago, gecko said:

Wasn't there a hockey player charged with assault for some "stick action" a number of years ago? 

Marty McSorley slashes Donald Brashear in the head

The incident: An aging Marty McSorley had his hands full when he dropped the gloves with heavyweight Donald Brashear during a game between the Bruins and Canucks on February 21, 2000. Brashear got the best of McSorley and the brash enforcer rubbed it in, dusting off his hands and mocking his opponent. McSorley, seeking to save face, tried to entice Brashear into another bout later in the game, but Brashear wouldn’t take the bait. McSorley trailed Brashear as he skated down the ice, suddenly slashing him hard on the side of the head. Brashear toppled to the ice unconscious. McSorly was suspended for the remainder of the season (23 games) and never played again in the NHL. He was later charged with assault.

The outcome: McSorley was found guilty of assault with a weapon and was sentenced to 18 months probation.

Dino Ciccarelli clubs Luke Richardson:

The incident: Ciccarelli was a skilled forward with a temper. So when he was rubbed out along the boards by bruising rookie Leafs defenceman Luke Richardson during a game at Maple Leaf Gardens on January 6, 1988, he took exception. But Dino took things a bit too far, clubbing a stunned-looking Richardson several times with his stick. Ciccarelli was tossed from the game and later handed a 10-game suspension.

The outcome: Ciccarelli was charged and convicted of assault. He was fined $1,000 and sentenced to one day in jail.

Todd Bertuzzi sucker-punches Steve Moore from behind

The incident: Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore was a wanted man after he laid a hard check on Vancouver Canucks captain Markus Naslund on Feb. 16, 2004. Naslund was in a vulnerable position and he suffered a concussion on the play, knocking him out of the lineup for three games. On Mar. 8, the Canucks sought revenge. Moore fought Matt Cooke, but that didn’t suffice for the Canucks. Late in a lopsided game, Bertuzzi appeared to be stalking Moore before unleashing a powerful sucker punch to the back of his head. Moore tumbled to the ice, with the full weight of Bertuzzi, and other players, piling on. Moore was stretchered off the ice with three broken vertebrae. He never played again.

The outcome: Bertuzzi was suspended for the remainder of the season plus seven playoff games, totaling 20 games. Bertuzzi was charged with criminal assault causing bodily harm. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to one year probation and 80 hours of community service. Moore subsequently sued Bertuzzi and the Canucks, reaching a settlement a decade after the incident.

Man I am in no way a fan or Hot Takes or screaming A Smith in any way.

But got respect for him this morning for strait trashing Garrett. Also the way he just eviscerated Max Kellerman for trying to justify what Miles did was a thing of beauty.

Both he and Louis Riddick were disgusted with Max. Great thing to see.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Tmoneyag99 would make a great defense attorney. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we all know my client shot that guy, but he’s usually a chill cat so it doesn’t really count.

*when client gets 15-25yrs for attempted murder...

’Well, at least you’re still aggy. We can’t yank that away from you!”