TNF: Steelers @ Browns

spystud13

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I won’t because I can’t. But it always IS. Always. Point out to me the last player to be prosecuted for an on-the-field incident. Seriously, because I could be wrong. I’d like to see your precedent. I cannot remember what happened to the Malice at the Palace participants, but cannot remember Artest, Jackson or O’Neal getting charged for anything after assaulting un-padded fans. 

Fists can be overlooked, weapons not so much. Maybe it will take a horrible life alerting injury to set the "don't swing helmets like a club to someone's head" precedent, but eventually it will happen. 

Anyway, it's all about optics to the NFL. Had the elevator video of that Ravens running back never come out he would be back in the league. They are going to gauge the reaction to the initial season suspension and add to it only if there's an outcry. They will probably make some new silly rule against ripping off opponents helmet and hitting them with it is minimum x games and y dollars lol.

The Justice system won't get involved because Mason would decline to press charges and the blow ended up missing. The helmet connects and KOs him on the field it's another story. This shit happening to a player people care about like Aaron Rogers it's another story.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Are we going to start handing out charges then to every fight that occurs during a sport game now? That would be a pretty ridiculous precedent to start.

Rudolph is that usual pussy who tries to start shit but then gets handled quickly and gets back what he tried to do and then acts baffled and innocent. What Garrett did was ignorant but Rudolph could have easily walked away but he didn't. Fuck both of them. Now a few of his teammates get suspended taking up for his dumb ass.

Another dumbass opinion. “If he didn’t want to get shot he shouldn’t have honked his horn at the dude. Don’t start none, etc.” Being hit with a blunt object is not a reasonable response to a tussle. If Rudolph backed off you’d call him a pussy for that. I think criminal charges could be sustained but the precedent has basically been set that it doesn’t happen unless a dude is actually paralyzed or something. 

Edited by 'stache

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm no Rudolph fan but I don't see how he has any fault here.  I thought it was pretty clear his hand got caught in the facemask during the tackle.  He seemed to just be trying to free his hand before his wrist got broke.  And as far as running back into the mix after they pulled Garrett off of him... well I'd expect every motherfucker on my team to be running into the mix when a guy got his helmet ripped off like that.  At that point he did nothing more than run up on a guy and give him a push.  How many times every game does a player shove another one?  It's not even worth a flag most of the time.  To use that as evidence that he started all this shit is pretty weak, IMHO.  

Imagine a sooner rips Sam's helmet off.  I'm gonna be pissed at every teammate that turns and walks away from that, Sam included.  It was beyond the point of walking away and cooling off right then.  

This guy gets it, though I said before I’d be okay if Rudolph got a game for fighting even though I agree it looks like his hand was stuck. It was a really awkward looking way to start a fight for the late hit, I think he got hung up. Either way, anyone justifying Garrett’s actions under any circumstances is a dumb shit.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

Who gives a fucking shit what Rudolph did or didn't do to instigate?  As soon as someone gets hit in the head with their own helmet, absolutely nothing that happened before that matters.  We've seen players push, fight, and charge each other like Rudolph did...but until Thursday, no one was fucking stupid enough to respond by swinging helmets around.

• Like 2

Shocker:

In an appeal hearing with the NFL on Wednesday, Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett alleged that Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur just prior to last week's brawl on "Thursday Night Football," sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson and Adam Schefter, an accusation the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback strongly denies.

"Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland," Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. "He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals."

Contacted after the allegations were reported, Rudolph's attorney Timothy M. Younger said: "According to ESPN, in his appeal, Myles Garrett falsely asserted that Mason Rudolph uttered a racial slur toward him, prior to swinging a helmet at Mason's uncovered head, in a desperate attempt to mitigate his suspension. This is a lie. This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett.

"The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason's integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

On 11/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, Deej said:

aggy cracks me up.

"Probably used a racial slur. He deserved it."

Johnny Football uses a racial slur against a black man:

"He deserved it. Johnny is a hero."

In an appeal hearing with the NFL on Wednesday, Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett alleged that Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur just prior to last week's brawl on "Thursday Night Football," sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson and Adam Schefter, an accusation the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback strongly denies.

"Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland," Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. "He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals."

EDITOR'S PICKS

On Wednesday, Rudolph told reporters he didn't say anything to provoke Garrett or escalate the situation.

Contacted after the allegations were reported, Rudolph's attorney Timothy M. Younger said: "According to ESPN, in his appeal, Myles Garrett falsely asserted that Mason Rudolph uttered a racial slur toward him, prior to swinging a helmet at Mason's uncovered head, in a desperate attempt to mitigate his suspension. This is a lie. This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett.

"The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason's integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment."

Garrett made the allegation as part of his initial comments during the appeal hearing in New York, sources said. It created an argumentative exchange between both sides about whether the allegation was permissible.

When the allegation was made, appeals officer James Thrash remained stoic and took copious notes, sources said. He did ask Garrett a question about how he might act differently in the future, and Garrett conveyed he would not let events escalate like that again in the future.

Garrett was suspended indefinitely for ripping off and swinging Rudolph's helmet, hitting the quarterback in the head with it, with seconds remaining in last Thursday's game. In announcing Garrett's suspension Friday, the NFL also said that Garrett would have to meet with the commissioner's office before being reinstated.

Rudolph hasn't been punished over the incident, but a source told ESPN that a fine is expected. Rudolph said he would comply with whatever the league hands out.

Sources told ESPN that Garrett had informed some in the Browns organization that he was going to assert some sensitive information as part of his appeal.

A source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Garrett also used a precedent-based argument during the appeal hearing, citing the NFL's punishment of former Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith, who was suspended in 2013 for two preseason games and one regular-season game for swinging his helmet at then-Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito.

Garrett and the NFLPA also argued that an indefinite suspension is not permitted under the league's collective bargaining agreement, according to the source.

Two other players were suspended from the brawl. Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey received a three-game suspension for punching and kicking Garrett, and Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi received a one-game suspension for shoving Rudolph.

Ogunjobi's ban was upheld by Thrash on Wednesday. A decision on appeals by Garrett and Pouncey are expected to be issued this week.

spacer.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

Watching a discussion on this now. 
rudolph lawyer says it’s a lie, and it wasn’t mentioned until the suspension appeal. 

I do have a question about the language that is commonly used between players on the field and what would be beyond the pale in that environment. 

plus, wouldn’t pouncey and decastro have heard it?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

The first words uttered out of Garrett's mouth post-game would have been that Rudolph call him a n.  Wouldn't have mattered how much the Browns PR people begged him not to talk, you can be 100% guaranteed that Garrett would have found a way to get that out, right away.   And he would have been justified in doing so and also in clubbing Rudolph.   But we hear this revelation from Garrett 6 days later?   

What a piece of shit. 

2 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Garrett is full of shit but we all knew he would eventually accuse Rudolph of racial slurs.  There is no fucking way Garrett would have kept quiet about it to the media for this long.  And if by some miracle he had there is still no fucking way he wouldn't have told the entire Browns organization about it 10x by now.

• Like 2

If that had actually been what set Garrett off he would have been shouting it all over the field as soon as he was done swinging the helmet. He’d have been shouting it to the refs. He’d have been shouting it to the rest of his team. He’d have been shouting it to his coaches. The whole fucking world would have known about it before they cut to commercial. 

• Like 2

Just now, heso said:

If that had actually been what set Garrett off he would have been shouting it all over the field as soon as he was done swinging the helmet. He’d have been shouting it to the refs. He’d have been shouting it to the rest of his team. He’d have been shouting it to his coaches. The whole fucking world would have known about it before they cut to commercial. 

This.   Going to put the 'good ol ags' in an interesting predicament here.   Do they continue to claim MG if it's proven (via on field mics) that he's just another Jussie Smollet?

9 minutes ago, heso said:

This.  His demeanor on the field and when he was leaving indicated to me that he knew he fucked up, would have to believe he'd be a little more animated if his allegation were true.  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Falsely accusing the dude you assaulted on national tv of using a racial slur sure seems like a good way to provoke him to press charges and file a civil lawsuit against you.

But I guess this shouldn’t be surprising. It’s just another example of an aggy putting the entirety of his intellectual capabilities to use. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Falsely accusing the dude you assaulted on national tv of using a racial slur sure seems like a good way to provoke him to press charges and file a civil lawsuit against you.

But I guess this shouldn’t be surprising. It’s just another example of an aggy putting the entirety of his intellectual capabilities to use. 

If he didn't do it, he should file charges.  Then he can get the miked up audio.

Edited by Don Johnson

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This.   Going to put the 'good ol ags' in an interesting predicament here.   Do they continue to claim MG if it's proven (via on field mics) that he's just another Jussie Smollet?

He went to aggy so is therefore "one of the good ones."

25 minutes ago, heso said:

LaT0.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1