Dallas | Steak

C-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Have to plug Tango Room. My new favorite steakhouse in town right now. It’s in the old FT33 spot (although it looks nothing like it now). Small space, kind of a New York cool old Frank Sinatra type vibe. Food and service is the best I’ve had in Dallas in a really really long time. It’s chill and quiet. Great date place. Prepare your wallet’s anus, but worth it IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Have to plug Tango Room. My new favorite steakhouse in town right now. It’s in the old FT33 spot (although it looks nothing like it now). Small space, kind of a New York cool old Frank Sinatra type vibe. Food and service is the best I’ve had in Dallas in a really really long time. It’s chill and quiet. Great date place. Prepare your wallet’s anus, but worth it IMO.

NY STRIP 78
14oz, Allen Brothers

RIBEYE 98
16oz, Rosewood Ranch

😳

good lord.  but if you say it's phenomenal, i'll try it.  we did Monarch and paid through the nose, but were not disappointed.  i miss FT33.  can't wait to try this on a special occasion.  probably not too early to look at Valentine's Day.

5 hours ago, Landomatic said:

That menu looks great.  Give me a steak tartare, a seared foie gras, a wedge salad, and couple of icy cold gin martinis served up with a lemon twist.  If I'm still hungry, I'll have a couple of olives in my next martinis.

Edited by DalTxHornFan

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

NY STRIP 78
14oz, Allen Brothers

RIBEYE 98
16oz, Rosewood Ranch

😳

good lord.  but if you say it's phenomenal, i'll try it.  we did Monarch and paid through the nose, but were not disappointed.  i miss FT33.  can't wait to try this on a special occasion.  probably not too early to look at Valentine's Day.

Not for the faint of wallet, but it’s appropriately priced IMO. We’ve been 4 times now and I’ve yet to find a single misstep. Every bite of food has been perfect, every staff member from hostess to waiters to bussers to managers to bartenders have been flawless, every drink has been prepared perfectly, phenomenal wine list, space is great. We’ve given them plenty of chances to fuck something up. Even something small. But they haven’t yet. I guess you get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

That menu looks great.  Give me a steak tartare, a seared foie gras, a wedge salad, and couple of icy cold gin martinis served up with a lemon twist.  If I'm still hungry, I'll have a couple of olives in my next martinis.

Yep, it’s exactly that type of place. I’ve had a lot of martinis there and each one has been perfection. Hell I’d probably take up smoking if they’d let me, just to complete the total package.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 months later...

A bit of reality, a bit of satire  Steakhouse Arms Race is Back

Seriously, who buys these $200+ steaks?  I'm not shy about spending money on meals, but that level of steak is just not a thing for me.   The steakhouse experience is as much about the sides and the martinis and the wine.   I would happy with a perfect $40 8oz filet and lots of fun stuff around it.  But, now it's $60 if it is even on the menu.   

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not exactly a steakhouse but it’s next to Chamberlains. Went to Brentwood Saturday as wife and I were in the area, and wanted to see how it compared to the late Houston’s. My boss loved Houston’s so we ate there whenever he came to town.

They brightened it up a bit. A few Houston’s items remain. Ribs, chicken tenders, spinach dip. We got oysters Rockefeller and hitch were very good, an order of ribs and tenders. The tenders were fabulous as usual, the ribs very good as well if you like baby backs with a heavy bbq sauce covering them, which I do.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Wow!  That seems like an ambitious location. Hope that the valet parking is behind a tall steel wall.

lol, wut?

it shares a parking lot with REI. Not exactly people fearing for their lives. 

I went to REI on Friday; I didn’t know what Steakyard was but the build out looked great. 

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

That was my first thought also. That location seems weird but the only reason I’ve been over there in the last few years was to go to half price books

This reminds me that I need to get back to Henk's. I love that place. Casita (used to be called something else) was solid too -- but didn't the owner pass away suddenly not too long ago?

• Hook 'Em 1

The last time I was over that way was to buy a whole pig at Costco Business Center in the summer.  There were lots of shady vagrant types hanging out on Shady Brook.  Costco parking lot had plenty of security keeping them out.  Two blocks away from the steak joint.  Maybe errything has been gentrified and made safe at this new steak joint by now?

• 2 months later...

I’ll be in Dallas this Saturday and would love a rec for great steak.  Some place that I can walk in and eat at the bar without a reservation.  Not concerned about price, but I’d prefer not having to throw a jacket on after 2 days of meetings.  Staying at The Joule but will Uber anywhere.  Also, suggestions for a place to watch CBB in the afternoon would be appreciated.  Thanks.

18 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I’ll be in Dallas this Saturday and would love a rec for great steak.  Some place that I can walk in and eat at the bar without a reservation.  Not concerned about price, but I’d prefer not having to throw a jacket on after 2 days of meetings.  Staying at The Joule but will Uber anywhere.  Also, suggestions for a place to watch CBB in the afternoon would be appreciated.  Thanks.

17 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

walkable:

brass ram

The saint

uber:

town hearth

del frisco’s 

Hero, Happiest Hour, or Katy Trail Ice House for game watching. 

You should check out  CBD Provisions in the lobby of the Joule.  I imagine it does steaks really welll, and, if nothing else, it has (at least it used to have) an interesting menu and earned critical acclaim.  There's an Irish Pub in the Mercantile Building down the street from you that probably also has decent game watching opportunities.  Other places within walking distance are one or more bars in the ATT Discovery Center just down the block from you, American Anthem (has several TVs for games and a very good menu--Nick Badovinus venture), Press Box Grill (nothing fancy but has several TVs for games).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:50 PM, DDD Dad said:

You should check out  CBD Provisions in the lobby of the Joule.  I imagine it does steaks really welll, and, if nothing else, it has (at least it used to have) an interesting menu and earned critical acclaim.  There's an Irish Pub in the Mercantile Building down the street from you that probably also has decent game watching opportunities.  Other places within walking distance are one or more bars in the ATT Discovery Center just down the block from you, American Anthem (has several TVs for games and a very good menu--Nick Badovinus venture), Press Box Grill (nothing fancy but has several TVs for games).

Very minor tack on that it’s National Anthem, and indeed is pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...