Bill Barr, large dildo.

Hugo Stiglitz

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Barr is compromised somehow. Probably over Epstein somehow. They all are. Otherwise you wouldn’t work for a scumbag like trump.

I believe this is the case w/ Graham and Cruz but Barr, McConnell and Pompeo are hell bent on ending the republic for a totalitarian model.  

11 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He was the proponent of pardons in the Iran Contra affair.

He was champing at the bit to help the Trump administration subvert justice.

This. He's not compromised. He campaigned for the job. His only goal is giving the president imperial powers (so long as it's a Republican president). I don't have the exact quote handy but he said he's not concerned about his legacy and everyone has to die. There's no hidden storyline. He's just thoroughly corrupt. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

He'll give them the double birds and keep on criming.  Nadler will shrug his shoulders and say it's not worth the effort to do anything about it.  We are F'd.

As long as McConnell and the GOP control the Senate, what else can Nadler do? 

On 6/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Chad Fuck said:

He, Pompeo and Pence are all dominionists. They believe they’ve been called by God to use Trump to implement their religious vision. Trump is just the mechanism for this. Trump could rip up babies and eat their entrails on live TV and these guys would say, “It’s all part of God’s plan. Who are we to judge?” And keep right in truckin.

That, and I think Barr has some outre notions about increasing executive power.  He got into it to do executive power and has wound up having to twist himself into pretzels as Trump's AG.

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Maybe so, but I feel like Nadler should hold him in contempt and start impeachment proceedings on Barr if he completely stonewalls today.  Make the Senate Republicans own this fuckery.

Exactly this. I know that Barr isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't mean you give up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That, and I think Barr has some outre notions about increasing executive power.  He got into it to do executive power and has wound up having to twist himself into pretzels as Trump's AG.

This is what weirds me out. I get that for whatever sick reason, Barr is all about that executive power and riding roughshod over checks and balances. But to do that for THIS particular executive who is an international embarrassment and is using that power to destroy the standing and institutions of the whole country?  And he knew that going in.

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans

4 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

This is what weirds me out. I get that for whatever sick reason, Barr is all about that executive power and riding roughshod over checks and balances. But to do that for THIS particular executive who is an international embarrassment and is using that power to destroy the standing and institutions of the whole country? 

Mrs. Whiggins posted an article in the New Yorker about Fiona Hill.  Evidently, among the pool of potential appointees to various positions within the administration, there's quite a debate about whether one can or should attempt to work against the administration from within, or at least keep it semi-sane. There's kind of an emerging consensus that it's so FUBAR that well-meaning civil servants get completely compromised and rendered ineffective by it.

Not that Barr is a well-meaning civil servant.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I think the Occam's Razor answer for me is that Barr is just Bannonesque --- simply wants to dismantle the systems that have kept the country going -- the "administrative state," if you will-- letting everything fall to pieces so the looting by the privileged class can continue completely unchecked and unabated. 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
the spelling are hard today

23 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

As long as McConnell and the GOP control the Senate, what else can Nadler do? 

He could act like they exhausted every option available and left no stone unturned in trying to limit the abuse of power and corruption. Instead, they're throwing their hands up and saying what can we do, we tried everything already. Make them at least go on the defensive. 

• Like 3

I'm still a proponent of the conspiracy theory that Barrr is linked to a coverup going back to elder Bush and the CIA mo of using compromising situations to blackmail high ranking domestic and foreign officials. Too many strings that when pulled start to get a little too quiet. Cohn was so tight with Trump and Cohn knew all the right people and how to use all the tricks, Barr has a massive closet of skeletons and he is probably the key.

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Any of yall watching the HJC hearing? Gohmert is being a real cunt and banging on his table when the witnesses opening statement goes past 5 minutes lol. What an asshat

I had to stop watching when Mukasey began to suck off Barr and the DOJ

nevermind switched back when Zalinksy(sp?) began to give his statement.

Edited by CowboyFred

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, he's already lied under oath with no repercussions. It probably doesn't matter how many times at this point but again, make him continue lying so that it's on record.

Edited by Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Question for the smarter peoples.

Since the AG is a corrupt piece of shit, are there any avenues to stop, curb, prevent, or oust a corrupt piece of shit AG running the DOJ?

Any checks and balances?

Career US Attorneys.  An independent judiciary.

The point is, we're burning through our failsafes at a rocket's pace.

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Since the AG is a corrupt piece of shit, are there any avenues to stop, curb, prevent, or oust a corrupt piece of shit AG running the DOJ?

Any checks and balances?

There would be if the Senate did their job. But they're complicit, so no. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Any checks and balances?

Impeachment by the Senate with Trump presiding over the trial ... so, yeah, uhh, that's a no.

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

There would be if the Senate did their job. But they're complicit, so no. 

So the only people to stop a corrupt AG would be the Senate? But Mitch McConnell and his band of ferry cucks are more than happy to watch corruption run rampant. Cool cool cool 

Seems like there should be another failsafe. This system isn’t working 

Protest outside his place of business. Apply pressure. He works behind the scenes and in darkness. Bring him out in the sun. At this point little else is working but getting Americans to have a multi pronged attack: against DJT and Barr might assist some of those Rs who have lost their spines.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

So the only people to stop a corrupt AG would be the Senate? But Mitch McConnell and his band of ferry cucks are more than happy to watch corruption run rampant. Cool cool cool 

Seems like there should be another failsafe. This system isn’t working 

All we have left are the American voters. They need to make the Republicans pay for their corruption. That's a tall order because the Republicans will employ every cheat and dirty trick at their disposal to avoid a free and fair election in November.

Every citizen of legal age who wants to preserve American democracy needs to make sure they're registered and get out there and vote for the Democrats across the board. Do whatever it takes even if it means standing in line for hours. Hold the GOP traitors accountable. This might be our last chance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

All we have left are the American voters. They need to make the Republicans pay for their corruption. That's a tall order because the Republicans will employ every cheat and dirty trick at their disposal to avoid a free and fair election in November.

Every citizen of legal age who wants to preserve American democracy needs to make sure they're registered and get out there and vote for the Democrats across the board. Do whatever it takes even if it means standing in line for hours. Hold the GOP traitors accountable. This might be our last chance. 

• Like 1

I just had a realization about these last-minute changes at SDNY and now EDNY.

If these people can get confirmed before the election, they will remain in office for a period of time after Trump loses, particularly if the Senate remains GOP.  Thus, they will be able to impede to one degree or another any post-administration investigations and indictments of Trump and Trumpco, which may get Trump closer to the statute of limitations on some of his crimes.

Although, I think the necessary corollary to the DOJ policy that the President can't be indicted is that limitations is tolled while in office.

Bill Barr can get fucked.  It's too fucking late to think that you have any control over what Trump does, shit stain.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/chaos-engulfs-trump-campaign

At a moment when he needs to calm restive Republicans, Trump may antagonize them further by commuting Roger Stone’s 40-month sentence. According to sources, Trump has told people he wants to commute Stone’s sentence before Stone reports to prison on July 14. Rumors swirled over the weekend that Trump would announce it on Sunday night. Sources say the West Wing is at war over a possible Stone commutation. White House counsel Pat Cipollone is against the move, and even Attorney General Bill Barr is opposed. “Barr has told Trump not to do it, and if he does there will be a mutiny at DOJ,” said a source briefed on the internal debates. People close to Trump fear he won’t listen. “You can’t underestimate how hard it is to get information through to him,” a Republican close to the White House said. “When you talk to him, he just talks at you. He doesn’t like to read memos, so there’s not really a way to get through to him. Everyone agrees.” (The White House declined to comment.)

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

“You can’t underestimate how hard it is to get information through to him,” a Republican close to the White House said. “When you talk to him, he just talks at you. He doesn’t like to read memos, so there’s not really a way to get through to him. Everyone agrees.”

Always what you want to hear about the leader of the free world.  Bang up job America.

• Like 1