Today's games seem like they suck

Beau Vine

Maybe you have to appreciate college football, I dunno, but:

* Michigan-Michigan State is a great second-tier rivalry

* Iowa-Minnesota is important in the Big Ten West

* Auburn-Georgia is probably the BEST second-tier rivalry out there

* Oklahoma-Baylor will be fun to watch because how often do you get to watch a game and root for injuries, penalties, or for the stands to collapse, maiming hundreds of fans?

• Like 3

yeah i'm pretty excited about today's slate.  none of the 11:00am games are "big games," but several are interesting: michigan state/michigan, florida/missouri, indiana/penn state, tcu/tech.  then you have navy/notre dame at 1:30.  this afternoon aside from our game you have georgia/auburn and minnesota/iowa state -- both games with national implications.  then tonight you have ou/baylor and usc/cal should be entertaining late night fun.

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

indiana/penn state,

Agree on this one-- if a person doesn't follow the Big Ten, I can see where this would be of no interest to them, but it has the potential for intrigue. Penn State is never supposed to lose to Indiana, but coming off a huge loss and then potentially looking ahead to Ohio State next weekend-- the potential for schadenfreude here if a decent Indiana team beats them is high

Edited by SwanderedTalent

6 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

There really isn't a bad game in November. Every team is usually playing for something.. Playoff spot, chance at a conference title, trying to get bowl eligible, or just trying to salvage a season by beating a rival.  Best time of year. 

Hell TCU @ Texas Tech would be the best thing to happen to about 300 days a year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

IU vs PSU is ranked vs ranked. So's Iowa - Minnesota. Look to the cold north.

It's November football. Fun weird shit will always happen.

IU is the aggy of the Big 10.  They suck.  They've lost to every good team they've played, and have beaten nothing but tomato cans.  No fucking way am I going to watch a Pedo State win.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

IU is the aggy of the Big 10.  They suck.  They've lost to every good team they've played, and have beaten nothing but tomato cans.  No fucking way am I going to watch a Pedo State win.

Football-wise sure. Otherwise, they've got a pretty campus, pretty girls, a history of success in a revenue sport, and a fun party vibe.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Doesn't look like it.  That's what makes Big 10 game watchable.  Chance of snow in the CFL western final tomorrow.

Attended my first CFL game this year. Fun as hell. Just enough new rules to keep you interested, and they all seem to prioritize scoring quickly.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Attended my first CFL game this year. Fun as hell. Just enough new rules to keep you interested, and they all seem to prioritize scoring quickly.

csb: i went to an eskimos/lions game at bc place in '94 or '95.  17 punts in a row.  then the canuckians did the macarena.  i do remember distinctly this was before it became a thing at shea with the mets.  so this hits close to home.

• Like 1