Today's games seem like they suck

Beau Vine

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

csb: i went to an eskimos/lions game at bc place in '94 or '95.  17 punts in a row.  then the canuckians did the macarena.  i do remember distinctly this was before it became a thing at shea with the mets.  so this hits close to home.

Nice! I saw Hamilton @ Montreal. 

Football in French while three Chipie tallboys deep (https://www.archibaldmicrobrasserie.ca/en/beers/chipie ) was delightfully off-kilter. Cool stadium, too, in the McGill campus up the mountain from downtown:

Spoiler

percival-molson-stadium-160capacity-1536

6 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its college football... jfc

in 7 weeks you’ll all be bitching about how there is no college football

This was not about "Am I going to not watch college football?"  It was "Am I going to bail on the TV games to see the Mighty (shitty) Bobcats game in person?"  which is what I ended up choosing.  Poorly.  We lost 63-27 to Troy.  But they do sell beer and Claw in the stadium now, and the weather was great and we stopped downtown on the way back and watched the end of the Texas game and played pinball and drank more at Showdown.  

Edited by Beau Vine

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nice! I saw Hamilton @ Montreal. 

Football in French while three Chipie tallboys deep (https://www.archibaldmicrobrasserie.ca/en/beers/chipie ) was delightfully off-kilter. Cool stadium, too, in the McGill campus up the mountain from downtown:

Reveal hidden contents

percival-molson-stadium-160capacity-1536

I've been to 3 CFL games in the last 3 years.  Saw Calgary @ Montreal 3 years ago, then Sasky @ Calgary, then MTL @ BC this year.  I love the CFL.