TCU @ Texas Tech, 11AM, ESPN2

SimonBolivar

21 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Any chance tech had at a bowl game is lost with this pathetic showing today. No way we can win out the next two after losing this one today. 

KSU and UT are going to go in with no lube after TCU is through with us. 

They'll use Patterson's sweat for lube. 

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Yes, it is just infuriating how they are trying to reduce our chances of seeing someone paralyzed by a totally avoidable cheap shot.

I’m sorry you left your balls in your wife’s purse.  It’s almost as if hard hits just started happening last year 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Cheap shot? He had the ball and was turning and running up field

Intentionally lowered his helmet before hitting him in the face with the crown of his helmet, pretty much textbook targeting, and totally avoidable.  Second view is pretty damning.  Knocked the mouthpiece out, too.

23 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Didn’t mean I that way. I just meant that we most likely can’t be good at both and now I accept it. 

Fair enough.  I've just been hearing this a lot lately, and usually it's like, "we're just a goddamn basketball school now," like it's a sad indictment of our collective athletics programs that we're at least pretty good now at almost everything but football. 

Being good at basketball (or baseball or track or soccer) has precisely no relation to our goodness or badness in football, unless it's as a positive in the sense that it raises our overall public profile.  If our success in basketball is somehow dragging football down, someone will need to explain to me how, as I'm not seeing it.

• Like 1