Missouri vs Florida 11am on CBS

Pancho

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Can Missouri pull the upset?  A Florida loss = UGA to the SEC Champsionship game, I believe 

Yes, I think UF is deeply flawed.  O-line is weak sauce.   Trask is prone to sacks and INTs.  If Mizzou can get a lead it could go south.  I don't think it will, but it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

yeah or just connect with the multiple wide open receivers

I have no idea why everyone is so high on Trask. Seems like a good kid. Really tough and decent passer on first read timing routes. Other than that he sucks. No pocket presence. No chance to run. Not accurate enough to really punish people. He's just below average.

Emory can make the throws. He's really special as a runner. Get him more experience before next year. 

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Is it a testament to Mullen’s coaching that he’s won this many games with this marginal team, or are they marginal because of Mullen?

It's the O-line.   They suck as bad as I can remember a Gata O-line sucking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Mizzou in the Sec = turd in a punch bowl 

The funny thing was, they won the East 2 of the first 3 years in the league. This was attributed to 'SEC recruiting'. 

When the consequences of not being able to recruit in Texas anymore and being out-recruited both nationally and in SEC territory (the SJW campus shutdown didn't help) they started to decline, and now they are considered a 5th wheel former Big 12 team also-ran.

They did it to themselves, so fuck 'em, I just think the shifting narratives are very convenient.

25 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

The funny thing was, they won the East 2 of the first 3 years in the league. This was attributed to 'SEC recruiting'. 

When the consequences of not being able to recruit in Texas anymore and being out-recruited both nationally and in SEC territory (the SJW campus shutdown didn't help) they started to decline, and now they are considered a 5th wheel former Big 12 team also-ran.

They did it to themselves, so fuck 'em, I just think the shifting narratives are very convenient.

Also they brought a big12 style offense and a real QB to the SEC x3. Took a little while for the sec defenses to figure it out. Same with Jonnie Foosball. The defensive lines in the sec are really great, but they are built to stop fat ball. 

Leech would kill it at Arkansas or some shit but I'm sure he doesn't wanna deal with it. Plus the big dogs - Bama and LSU, have started to adapt and play more wide open on offense anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I liked this one too, because both years they won the east, there was another SEC east team ranked in the top 10.

But people shouldn't let things like that detract from convenient excuses.

So you're saying the east didn't suck balls?!  Because you're wrong my friend 

7 minutes ago, Loco said:

So you're saying the east didn't suck balls?!  Because you're wrong my friend 

My eyeballs told me they sucked. 
But the SEC East had 2 top 10 teams each year Mizzou won it, so ranking-wise it was one of the better divisions in football.

So either my eyeballs are out of calibration, or the SEC ranking machine is a thing.

And if SEC rankings are inflated, well then...that's just unpossible.

11 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

By what metric? There are years when entire conferences didn't have two top-10 teams. 
I have my theory. But objectively speaking the east did not suck.

The East has sucked dick for quite some time.  Tennessee is...well.  And South Carolina is.....well.   Gata sucks, absent smoke and mirrors Mullen magic.   And fuck the mutts.   Not saying they suck, just fuck the mutts.   Leaving the murderers row of Kentucky and Vandy.   Yeah.  Mizzou ran to the top of a great Division.     They are like the piggies.   In odd years with the right coach and recruiting from winning seasons they can rise above the shit hole campus locations and poor in-state talent depth.    But once they fall off the rails, try to get them consistently relevant. Unpossible to do once they are down.  A Texas or Florida can come back.   Mizzou and Piggie?  Don't think so.