Texas Longhorns vs Iowa State Cyclones

Surly Bevo

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Beating a dead horse here, but if we had simply kicked that 37-yard FG.....

No. Keep beating it.  When you have Dicker the MFing Kicker, shit is automatic.  He saved mesa's dumbass twice against the Kansas schools. And how does mensa reward him? Keeps him on the damn sideline when points are there.  Completely fucking stupid.

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

No. Keep beating it.  When you have Dicker the MFing Kicker, shit is automatic.  He saved mesa's dumbass twice against the Kansas schools. And how does mensa reward him? Keeping him on the damn sideline when points are there.  Completely fucking stupid.

Absolutely. It's a horse that needs beating.

Not taking the points cost us a halftime tie and projects desperation. Kicking it tells the team you're not in panic mode and know you're gonna come back and score more points. And we see this shit over & over. Sure, go for it sometimes when it fits the situation, but not every got damn time and with the same stupid play call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

But it was 4th and 2yds,  down 7pts around the 20 yardline right??

I still like the decision to go for it. And a QB run could be ok, but we take forever to set it up, and then make it a slow drift out to the right. It doesn't let us try and catch them on their heels or completely fool them - it's total no man's land.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

Absolutely. It's a horse that needs beating.

Not taking the points cost us a halftime tie and projects desperation. Kicking it tells the team you're not in panic mode and know you're gonna come back and score more points. And we see this shit over & over. Sure, go for it sometimes when it fits the situation, but not every got damn time and with the same stupid play call.

Although I am in hindsight agreement here, It doesn’t bother me as much as it may some. We should not be in that situation in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I’m happy that we’re still in the game. Doesn’t change my opinion that some heads need to roll. We should NEVER be happy to just “be in the game” with anyone.

if mensassclown  wants to be here beyond this season, he better fire at least half of his staff and hire some real coaches

12 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

No. Keep beating it.  When you have Dicker the MFing Kicker, shit is automatic.  He saved mesa's dumbass twice against the Kansas schools. And how does mensa reward him? Keeps him on the damn sideline when points are there.  Completely fucking stupid.

didn't he miss a chip shot last week?