Texas Longhorns vs Iowa State Cyclones

Surly Bevo

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Is this a joke, or did we really have exactly 1 Watson of offense in the 1H?

Up until the last drive that's all they had.

The defense wasn't great but only gave up 10 points. The offense went 3 and out EVERY FUCKING DRIVE. It was pathetic.

Urban wouldn’t come here. There would be obstacles in his way that would keep him from cheating like he does. Places like Alabama and Ohio State win because they are win at any cost type programs.
I wouldn't say they're win at all costs, but like ou they're committed to winning at football unlike Texas. How that 4 eyed nerd asks for donations with a straight face is beyond me.

Just now, Zavala said:

Up until the last drive that's all they had.

The defense wasn't great but only gave up 10 points. The offense went 3 and out EVERY FUCKING DRIVE. It was pathetic.

Three and out eight times. The most by ANY Big 12 team in two years. The University of By God Texas against Iowa State. 

• Haha 1

Feeling bad for the players.  Really played hard but were let down by a shit offensive gameplan that didn’t account for the disastrous playing surface.  Took them 29 minutes to figure it out and then inexplicably went back to the same shit game plan when we finally got the lead.   

i can excuse some of the late game screw ups by the the players.   Should never have been that close.  

40 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fuck you, goodbye.

t. Texas Alumni who has to sit through this shit even though my favorite football team has been Florida since I was a little kid

Well. Cheers buddy.  I’m just going to view this team as they were in the 90s.  An upper middle class team.   They’ll be second class to Oklahoma and whichever team wants to knock them off in the regular season.  They are the Aggies.  They’ll get the best talent, they’ll underachieve.  Not the worst, but not the best.  It’s a broken record.

7 minutes ago, SideSlip said:

Well. Cheers buddy.  I’m just going to view this team as they were in the 90s.  An upper middle class team.   They’ll be second class to Oklahoma and whichever team wants to knock them off in the regular season.  They are the Aggies.  They’ll get the best talent, they’ll underachieve.  Not the worst, but not the best.  It’s a broken record.

You should start rooting for Oklahoma they have a bandwagon and everything

21 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Shit I forgot about the last drive. Does 5 tequila shots to deal with this shit excuse me? 

Yeah that last drive barely counts. That was the not get blown out drive. They lost the game in that first half on offense. I think the story line for the shit 12 is going to be to push us though next year so we may get all the favorable rigging then. 

Sammy's senior year, hopefully everyone stays healthy.

1 hour ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Yep. Mensa can't blame injuries for this one. Secondary is toast no matter who is back there. And this staff is constantly out coached in all facets of the game 

The secondary excuse is nonsense now, they are sophomores by reps now.   No longer an excuse except against the best teams in the country.  Oh wait, we played Iowa State, I didn’t realize.  Sorry, everyone carry on with the understandable excuses. 

Texas came back after a big early deficit and had a legitimate chance to win the game against a superior team on the road...and yet you all bitch.  

Hi Tom. ISU is superior for one reason. ISU employs Matt Campbell, Texas employs you.

I assume you've seen the Baylor score. Might I advise getting started on game prep instead of shitposting on surly?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Second class? In a league of ten, Texas of looking like fifth or sixth class.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Hi Tom. ISU is superior for one reason. ISU employs Matt Campbell, Texas employs you.

I assume you've seen the Baylor score. Might I advise getting started on game prep instead of shitposting on surly?

Save up and buy an iPhone, sport. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

When Roach jumped offside on the 4th down, I went ape shit.
Now, I'm seeing a replay of that offside and see that they did make an attempt at the field goal and it was wide right. Gone ape shit again!!!!

The kicker stutter-stepped and was all out-of-rhythm because the penalty. Him missing it means nothing.

15 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Texas came back after a big early deficit and had a legitimate chance to win the game against a superior team on the road...and yet you all bitch.  

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Apparently no place for facts amongst you mewling hoopleheads 

so you agree that, despite 1/5 the coaching budget and inferior recruits that ISU is the superior team?  Explain why that would be?