Tua injury updates?

immamac

I believe Bo fractured (off?) the head of the femur and developed AVN/osteonecrosis. Had the “great” Dr. Jim Andrews knew back then that you can inject concentrated bone marrow into that AVN to reduce or eliminate the lesion, he may have avoided a total hip and had a longer, more productive baseball career. 

Tua has a fracture in the posterior wall of the ilium, better vascularity and chance of good healing there. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I love how people judge Bama for playing their starting QB in the 2nd quarter as literally every team in football plays their starters through the first drive of the second half. 

Yea , I don't get that criticism either.  That injury could have happened on the first drive of that game, or the first drive of the national championship game.  

12 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I love how people judge Bama for playing their starting QB in the 2nd quarter as literally every team in football plays their starters through the first drive of the second half. 

eh.  he’s arguably the best player in college football and he has a surgically repaired ankle that isn’t done healing.  your generalization doesn’t really apply.

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

What does an ankle have to do with a freak hip injury?

he’s saying any coach would have played their starter through the first half.  I’m saying he had a surgically repaired ankle that hadn’t healed and a four touchdown lead.  I think plenty of coaches would have had tua on the sideline. 

18 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Didn't you know everyone on the Surl is a better college football mind than Nick Saban?

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

75418220_424236525135159_709946177642037

Damn he’s gonna be one sore emeffer when he gets old.  These guys put themselves through a lot when they’re young and it doesn’t age well.  Think Earl.

I was talking to Terry Bradshaw one time and he said he can hardly get outa bed in the morning these days because of all the shit he put his body through.  /csb

There have been a ton of advancements since those days, but that’s a lot of shit before even leaving college.  Glad to see him in good spirits!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I realize that this thread is three years old but the Tua/concussion comments were all buried in other threads that didn't have anything to do with Tua or his concussions.

Anyway, some neurologists are saying that Tua's second concussion could have killed him and that he should retire now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tua-tagovailoa-experienced-the-worst-thing-imaginable-for-an-nfl-player-s-brain-after-his-concussion/ar-AA131Dev?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=35afd6c9fa144547b7f49675f4aa4006

According to Yahoo News, Tagovailoa’s fingers stiffened into unnatural positions when he hit the ground after his Week 4 injury. Chris Nowinski, a neurologist and concussion expert, said that Tagovailoa showed “decorticate posturing”, a severe “primitive” response indicating damage to the cerebral cortex. Nowinski also said, “You usually see it in stroke when you’ve had massive damage to the cortex … It’s basically like a primitive movement controlled by the brain stem.” 

Famed neuropathologist, Dr. Bennet Omalu, said Tagovailoa should not take another hit to the head and needs to retire from the NFL, according to Fox News. Dr. Omalu said, “If you love your life, if you love your family, you love your kids — if you have kids — it’s time to gallantly walk away … Go find something else to do.”

Famed neuropathologist, Dr. Bennet Omalu, said Tagovailoa should not take another hit to the head and needs to retire from the NFL, according to Fox News. Dr. Omalu said, “If you love your life, if you love your family, you love your kids — if you have kids — it’s time to gallantly walk away … Go find something else to do.”

Not just any doc - the one who's credited with CTE's initial publications.