Worst Coached Team in College Football

Neonmoon

i am sure the coaching staff during the time out before the kick said.. now it is 4th and 5.... don't commit a penalty..

its better they make the FG than us committing  a penalty!!!

i am sure they said, right? they must have, right?!

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i am sure the coaching staff during the time out before the kick said.. now it is 4th and 5.... don't commit a penalty..

its better they make the FG than us committing  a penalty!!!

i am sure they said, right? they must have, right?!

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Not to mention the oh so predictable going into a shell play calling when they had a chance to make a few first downs and put the game away.

These two COACHING decisions lost us the game. 

Easily outcoached because our coaches are fucking idiots. 

Did anyone NOT know what we were going to do on that last offensive drive?  

Sam would run. Another run to burn the timeout... and a tunnel screen (safe but has a chance to pick up the first).

FFS ... We do NOTHING that makes the defense think or put them in pressure situations where they have to make decisions in a fraction of a second of they're fucked. It's like we learn nothing from playing against the best offenses in the country every week. 

14 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's unfathomable to make that mistake there. There was a solid chance for them to miss that 42 yarder. and even if they hit, we have 2 minutes to get a fg

We have a stupid team, It's on the coaches to make them smarter, but wow.

dude, he MISSED the 42 yarder.  yeah the whistles were blowing, but he shanked it.  

just mind-blowing that we manage to get a penalty there considering we had 2 full mins left in the game- we have proven thats more than enough time for Sam to get.   we went from a 60% chance to win the game (about 30% chance he misses the kick), add another 30% because Sam behind by a score is good about 60% of the time.......

to a 1% chance on that penalty. 

I mean the first mistake was Tom not throwing a 5 yard out on 1st down when we got the ball at 4 mins.   his 2nd mistake was not throwing a fucking 5 yard out on 2nd down after the first down play didnt work. 

Maybe just wording and semantics, because it all comes back to the coaches, but I'd say they are the worst prepared team in college football. There is zero plan on either side of the ball, which is why teams just march down the field on at least the first 2 possessions, and we go 3 and out. They adjust and the team usually performs well and many times they pull the game out. They know how to make plays and preform well once they get good direction, but by the time the coaches figure it out we're playing from behind. Regardless, the bottom line is that this coaching staff sucks and should be gone. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Maybe just wording and semantics, because it all comes back to the coaches, but I'd say they are the worst prepared team in college football. There is zero plan on either side of the ball, which is why teams just march down the field on at least the first 2 possessions, and we go 3 and out. They adjust and the team usually performs well and many times they pull the game out. They know how to make plays and preform well once they get good direction, but by the time the coaches figure it out we're playing from behind. Regardless, the bottom line is that this coaching staff sucks and should be gone. 

The Horns slow starts for most games are ridiculous...

When you hire an inexperienced coaching stuff, they just don't know what to do at critical moments. Herman should have told his team not to jump offside because that would be the worst thing to happen to them. It's almost like the staff is learning on the job. This is why you hire proven coaches at the highest level.

Edited by ShowMeALoss

when orlando couldn't dial up anything on crampkitty 3rd & 17 i knew something was forked.

at the time i thought it was the spontaneous transmogrification of burrow.

the kansas 2-point conversion and 3rd & 2 pushed me over the edge.

i watched mack drive the program in to the ground, but i waited 2 years, until the very end, to turn on him.  thanks for the aughts, you should have 2, those are the breaks.

i watched charlie drive the program further in to the ground, but i did not want to believe, until the kansas game, which in reality was 2 years after it was clear he should have never been here in the first place.  thanks for the domer win.

i'm done, therm is done, and no matter what he wins here forward he's a fraud, in over his head, and is never winning the league much less making the tournament.  thanks for the sugar bowl.

we are wasting time, and every day that passes before the clock resets, for the sake of "program continuity", is now on CDC.

• Like 2

I wish our fans had the balls to not attend games. 

even in charlie 5 win years, 75% of the stadium was full. We still have people to this day saying he should have gotten another year. Texas doesn’t care about winning. They like dressing up and going to games. 

• Like 2

Horribly coached. And it extends much farther than just in game decisions, play call and design and undisciplined play. Fundamentally we suck ass. We have poor form tackling, we have poor form blocking, we have bad ball skills, we have poor route running...

but the clearest evidence of poor coaching is teams with less overall talent outplaying you and besting your ass which is happening too often 

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

but the clearest evidence of poor coaching is teams with less overall talent outplaying you and besting your ass which is happening too often 

How many teams do we play a year with the same or better talent?  2 at the most?  How often do we go 10-2 or better? None since Colt McCoy left a decade ago.  

Edited by Liquor and Poker

I was looking at our scintillating home football schedule next season.  Sure there's Baylor and maybe we can pretend to give a shit about revenge games against "Others Receiving Votes" teams like ISU & TCU.  But it's a dogshit schedule, we have 6-6 written all over us (at best), Charlie Strong will probably give us a run for our money in the first week, and Herman is on his last leg this time next year.  

Not exactly what you want when trying to close the checkbook on a new, fancy SEZ.  We're headed the wrong way...AGAIN