Worst Coached Team in College Football

Neonmoon

When you hire an inexperienced coaching stuff, they just don't know what to do at critical moments. Herman should have told his team not to jump offside because that would be the worst thing to happen to them. It's almost like the staff is learning on the job. This is why you hire proven coaches at the highest level.
so we should hire tommy chong?

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

i am sure the coaching staff during the time out before the kick said.. now it is 4th and 5.... don't commit a penalty..

its better they make the FG than us committing  a penalty!!!

i am sure they said, right? they must have, right?!

That has to be what a good coach does. You gotta cover the bases with these guys. You could tell they way they were jumping around that they thought they HAD to block that FG. I can see them making that mistake in the heat of the battle, but that is where a good coach comes into play. He has to look ahead. He has to coach - real-time.

What happened last week at the end of the game? After a time out, K-State lets Sam score. Didn't fucking Herman tell him "under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you score."? Hell no he didn't, but a penalty saved us. Herman got another chance to get it right, and we got to ride out the clock on the KSU two yard line.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

40 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Had we not jumped offsides, I think we had a 75% chance of coming back and taking that game in the last two minutes - at least tying it and going into overtime. Herman and his under-coached players blew it. Special teams have sucked all year.

You thought we’d get a safety?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:
When you hire an inexperienced coaching stuff, they just don't know what to do at critical moments. Herman should have told his team not to jump offside because that would be the worst thing to happen to them. It's almost like the staff is learning on the job. This is why you hire proven coaches at the highest level.

so we should hire tommy chong?

Chong's more into basketball. Has a jones for it.

• Like 2

Had we not jumped offsides, I think we had a 75% chance of coming back and taking that game in the last two minutes - at least tying it and going into overtime. Herman and his under-coached players blew it. Special teams have sucked all year.

If we’d taken the fucking 3 points early in the game, we had a 99% chance of winning.
  • Like 1

? about the offsides...

Where was Roach lined up?  I was too busy throwing a tantrum to watch the replay.  Unless he was off the center, he had no business, whatsoever, trying to jump the count.  A 270-ish pound DE is almost never going to get the the kicker from the edge.  

Nevermind.  I see on the made field goal he is lined up off the center.  Still pisses me off.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

15 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If we’d taken the fucking 3 points early in the game, we had a 99% chance of winning.

I told my son right then that although I’m generally a go-for-it guy, it was stupid to not kick a FG. We had done nothing at that point to indicate that we’d convert a 4th and 2. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

? about the offsides...

Where was Roach lined up?  I was too busy throwing a tantrum to watch the replay.  Unless he was off the center, he had no business, whatsoever, trying to jump the count.  A 270-ish pound DE is almost never going to get the the kicker from the edge.  

Nevermind.  I see on the made field goal he is lined up off the center.  Still pisses me off.

Yep - B gap to the right of the guard. Bonehead mistake trying to anticipate the snap.

11 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Learn how to row the boat.

Was thinking the same thing myself.  From what I saw after their first loss, Fleck is a bigger man than Herman.

The thing I don't get about Herman is that if you're coaching football you have to know you're going to lose. Some big games, so weird games, whatever.  You've going to lose games that anger your alums and break hearts.  Why not get ready for that?  Mack was an expert at it.  In fact, I think he had his post loss speeches written a day or two ahead of time in the early 2000s.  

7 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I told my son right then that although I’m generally a go-for-it guy, it was stupid to not kick a FG. We had done nothing at that point to indicate that we’d convert a 4th and 2. 

This.  Our roadgrading, smashmouth Oline was set to "off."

27 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Uhhh, according to the Zack Smith, or whatever the fuck his name is, Herman and his wife are the reason Meyer isn't coaching at Ohio State anymore. So, yeah...

Makes sense.  

OK, he kicked ass at Utah, 2 MNCs at Florida, and one at tOSU.  I'm on board.  

21 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

I have never seen players at this stage of the season look like they have no clue what to do.  Looking at TCU, Baylor, and KSU, it simply has to be coaching.  I have no clue who would be better, but at this point it can't get much worse.

You didn't watch us play during the Strong era?

12 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I wish the press would skip Mensa’s press conference on Monday. 

or if they go to have the balls to ask, "who if anyone do you think would hire you following your performance here with all the resources you have at your disposal, and in light of how your performance mirrored that of Charlie's and we can all see where Charlie has gone from here and how his teams have performed?"

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

My 2 teams are coached by Jason Garrett and Tom Herman. Fuck me. Unprepared to start every fucking game. Both teams could roll almost every team they play if they just actually come out and play. That's all coaching.

My four teams are coached by Tom Herman, Jason Garrett, Shaka Smart, and Greg Berhalter.  

• Like 1

Meyer is right.  Losing to Iowa State used to be a fireable offense here at Texas.  If Texas lost to teams like this, it would be a major upset all over ESPN.   Now, people expect us to lose to teams like Iowa State and TCU.  Vegas picked us to lose both.  We have sunken so low as a program.  We atleast climbed out of the fucking casket with Charlie, but we still can’t seem to get above ground.  Losing has become acceptable with this administration.  I doubt CDC will even have an actual serious conversation with Tom.  Good programs don’t accept losing.  A coach 10 times better than Herman is on the hot seat at Auburn. I wish we had Auburn’s success this last decade...  yet our guy can barely beat Kansas at home and lose to the dumpster fire that is TCU this year and Iowa State and they won’t even let reporters in to the press conference to ask him any real questions regarding his results and performance in YEAR 3!

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I wish our fans had the balls to not attend games. 

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Ha

Wait until Baylor kicks our ass and we play Tech on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

There will literally be dozens of fans at the game.

Yup, exactly.  You'll get your wish when 6-5 Texas limps into a meaningless game against another terrible team on the day after Thanksgiving. 

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not exactly what you want when trying to close the checkbook on a new, fancy SEZ.  We're headed the wrong way...AGAIN

Good, I hope we lose all funding for that hideous monstrosity and have to scrap the stupid plan for it.  

• Like 1