Oklahoma @ Baylor - Bufu On The Brazos

El Diablo

12 hours ago, TexasMan said:

What is it about OU when a team has them on their heels, said team turtles up and chokes? 

What is it about Texas that makes a team play fearless with all the confidence in the world, and keeps playing that way in the game, no matter the circumstance? 

OU dad dicks everyone on their schedule. They just know they are better. Better players, better coached and destined to win. Its like the old BIG 8, its OU's conference and the rest of the teams are just roadkill for them to trample over.

Texas well....just Texases.

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As well as Baylor is doing, OU is still more talented.

You gotta figure in most of these come-from-behind OU deals, they're overconfident and get behind and then do what they're capable of.  They seem to do it against a lesser opponent a couple of times a year.

OU gift-wrapped a couple of early, easy scores and Baylor was sky-high from the opening kick (the exact opposite of typical Texas start). It snow-balled and OU took a little time to settle in and get their legs under them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As well as Baylor is doing, OU is still more talented.

You gotta figure in most of these come-from-behind OU deals, they're overconfident and get behind and then do what they're capable of.  They seem to do it against a lesser opponent a couple of times a year.

Technically one could argue that not having both Lamb and Sermon available required a half of adjustment.

Hurts was trying to make up for their production (and he ain’t that guy) in the first half because they were using unfamiliar personnel. Had ou lost it would have come to rest on Hurts’ performance.

But anyway, XII can wind up better in a few years with expansion...

college station?
really?

and gainsville?

over coral gables? sheeeeeeit

hell, over miami even? fiu is in miami. sheeeeeit.

shit even tampa and orlando are better than shitty ass gainsville.

not to mention jacksonville which has whataburger. gainsville gots no whataburger.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

It took me a lot of time to understand why teams and fanbases feel differently about Texas and OU, but I think I discovered part of the answer.

They see OU as a team like them, only better. OU players are chippy, they talk smack, they do little things to piss you off (like lay on your QB for an extra few seconds when the clock is ticking in a 2 minute drill), they gloat, and they have loads of swagger. And they back all of that up with talent and good play. They win. They're like the Ohio State of the Big 12. Other guys may hate that they always win, but they respect them, and would happily imitate them.

They see Texas as wealthy elitists. We play clean and we're good sports, but we look down our noses. If we win, well we were supposed to. If we lose, well we're Texas. I think a lot of fanbases think we get by with money more than anything else. And we're an academic powerhouse to boot. They're happy to beat us because they like to rub our noses in it. They don't respect us when we win, though. We're like Michigan to OU's Ohio State.

Just my thoughts.

Nobody thinks that if Texas. You people have somehow developed a moral superiority thing that is absolutely untrue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joker said:

Nobody thinks that if Texas. You people have somehow developed a moral superiority thing that is absolutely untrue. 

I've met quite a few that have, in their more reasonable moments.

But you're part right in that a lot of people think Texas is just as dirty and unscrupulous as anyone else. That's called projecting. It's a coping mechanism.

I've met quite a few that have, in their more reasonable moments.
But you're part right in that a lot of people think Texas is just as dirty and unscrupulous as anyone else. That's called projecting. It's a coping mechanism.

It’s also a coping mechanism when you aren’t as successful as some programs and fall back on thinking “at least we are the wholesome good guys”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Catjuggler said:

It’s also a coping mechanism when you aren’t as successful as some programs and fall back on thinking “at least we are the wholesome good guys”.

There's definitely truth in this. The fact is Texas has a fuck ton more advantages than any other program in this conference and yet...here we are. 

We ain't the good guys nor the bad guy...We're Texas! (FML)

2 hours ago, Catjuggler said:

You're mixing up coping mechanisms with excessive self-confidence. 

Most of our self-confidence is justified. We don't have a long history of Joe Mixon's or Dusty Dvorachek's or RC Slocums or Art Briles, we win a lot, and we're an excellent school.
Our unwarranted sense of entitlement is not justified at all. 

17 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Yes. It would really suck to win the conference every year and lose in the first round of the playoff. Man, I’d hate that.

OU makes it that far because they keep winning the conference championship. It's just that simple. Doubt they'll make the playoff this year with all the other 1 loss teams ahead of them but I guess it's possible. 

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

PAC has been left out too many times.  Utah and Oregon have a cakewalk to their title game.  Winner will make it in...OU will be back next year with a good QB.  Hurts is average at best.

This is silly. JaMar Smith from Tulsa is an average quarterback. A bad QB is the one from Rice. Charlie Brewer is a good QB, Jalen Hurts is more than "good". The bar is so f'n high because they're coming off of 2 Heisman winners. Those are GREAT college quarterbacks. Hurts ain't that, but saying he's not good is silly. He'll be 1st-team all-conference and we can take the butt hurt into next year and hope that Sam has a chip on his shoulder. Not that he needs it more than others on this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

This is silly. JaMar Smith from Tulsa is an average quarterback. A bad QB is the one from Rice. Charlie Brewer is a good QB, Jalen Hurts is more than "good". The bar is so f'n high because they're coming off of 2 Heisman winners. Those are GREAT college quarterbacks. Hurts ain't that, but saying he's not good is silly. He'll be 1st-team all-conference and we can take the butt hurt into next year and hope that Sam has a chip on his shoulder. Not that he needs it more than others on this team.

True.  I was probably hard on him.  But Riley’s system is amazing.  Sam would win the Heisman at OU.  He doesn’t make the mistakes Hurts does.  

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

PAC has been left out too many times.  Utah and Oregon have a cakewalk to their title game.  Winner will make it in...OU will be back next year with a good QB.  Hurts is average at best.

OU is a marquee helmet team that turns on more television sets nationally than Oregon and Utah combined.  Nobody watches PAC football, unless USC is involved.  ESPN's selection committee would put a 1-loss B12 champ OU in over the PAC champ for sure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I hope saying it over and over makes it true, my man.  

I hope NOT for the obvious reason that ou sucks and I hate you. :)

But Disney paid $6 Billion for this tournament.  They're not about to jeopardize ratings if they have a plausible explanation for putting in a more popular team.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

You're mixing up coping mechanisms with excessive self-confidence. 

Most of our self-confidence is justified. We don't have a long history of Joe Mixon's or Dusty Dvorachek's or RC Slocums or Art Briles, we win a lot, and we're an excellent school.
Our unwarranted sense of entitlement is not justified at all. 

Correction - Jackie Sherrill, not RC Slocum. 

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

OU is a marquee helmet team that turns on more television sets nationally than Oregon and Utah combined.  Nobody watches PAC football, unless USC is involved.  ESPN's selection committee would put a 1-loss B12 champ OU in over the PAC champ for sure. 

I don't know about this. No doubt OU draws a lot of viewers but a 1 loss PAC team just might beat them out of who goes to the playoffs. OU's playoff history ain't good so let's see what the PAC champ can do. 

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

I hope NOT for the obvious reason that ou sucks and I hate you. :)

But Disney paid $6 Billion for this tournament.  They're not about to jeopardize ratings if they have a plausible explanation for putting in a more popular team.

Yep, OU - Baylor game was the most popular show/game on Saturday by far. 6.4 million viewers vs 1.5 million viewers for UCLA - Utah. 

https://programminginsider.com/57684-2/

58 minutes ago, BradWilcox said:

I don't know about this. No doubt OU draws a lot of viewers but a 1 loss PAC team just might beat them out of who goes to the playoffs. OU's playoff history ain't good so let's see what the PAC champ can do. 

The only ones with a "ggod" playoff history are the few teams who won so far...

1 team from ACC have won CFP - Clemson (2x)/

1 team from B1G has won CFP - Ohio State/

1 team from SEC has won CFP  - Alabama (2x)

Oklahoma has been invited 3 times (just as many as entire B1G/ more than PAC [2x]), but Oregon is biggest issue for Oklahoma now...