18 one possession losses in the last 5 years

hookem48

If you wanna know the source of all our troubles, look no further than the pandemic outlined below. 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, closetojumping said:

We went 7-22 on the season and were ahead or tied in 18 of the losses with 3 minutes or less left in the game, and lost all of them by less than 6 points. 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, yoladu said:

i dunno what is going on but... we haven't had a 3 loss season (or less) in this decade.

This one I'm suspicious about, but have fewer certainty.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:15 PM, RomaVicta said:

That every game is a shit fight no matter the opponent was an aspect of the program that was weighing on me in the off season. 

Maybe kick more field goals and go for the first down less.

I was thinking about how many great field goal kickers we've had at Texas just during my time with the school---Dawson, Stockton, Mangum, Bailey (clutch), Lawrence, Tucker, and now Dicker coming into his own. 

And then I think of the O.C.'s we've had over that stretch---Dahlquist, GDGD, Applewhite (Co-), Darrell Wyatt, Wickline, Norvell, Sterlin Gilbert, and now Tim Beck.  

And i'm just left mumbling in the corner, "Oh, right...right."  Makes sense, our long string of horrible OC's and long line of great kickers completely overlap in a vendiagram.  

I hear OC's and HC's yelling in pre-game speeches, "We're a running/passing/scoring team dammit!"  

And then I hear our staff, "Goddamit, We're Texas.  We're a kicking school!  Let's go get three!"