CDC's email and office phone #

TexArcher

13 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

No it’s spot on but you can sit there and shit out words with no meaning all you want.

All these teams hate our guts and see us as their rival, and play like it. We couldn’t care less about them. The conference is stale. The matchups are stale. Aside from Texas and OU it is a conference of nobodies. Playing these teams from nobody states is fucking tired. I aint going on no toad trip to bumfuck iowa or kansas or west virginia

Realignment can’t get here soon enough, this shit is boring. Independent, PAC 12 or even the fucking sec would be better than continuing to sink with this Big 12 ship

Yeah, it’d be a lot more exciting if our regular opponents were the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado. The one thing holding us back from excellence is a 9 pm kickoff in Corvallis. You’re a genius.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I would think if CDC is frustrated he would be telling Herman and Herman wouldn't be making dumb fucking comments about not getting "outcoached" and other arrogant as fuck comments he makes.

So now you think an athletic director is responsible for not completely morphing a coaches personality?  Makes sense.  SMH .  And do you even realize that the not getting outcoached comment was made directly after the game and Herman basically led off his press conference yesterday retracting that and saying he did get outcoached?  Wow - I wonder where that advice must have come from?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I would think if CDC is frustrated he would be telling Herman and Herman wouldn't be making dumb fucking comments about not getting "outcoached" and other arrogant as fuck comments he makes.

I don't believe CDC would micromanage to the degree of telling Herman how to run his PCs or what to say.  He might offer occasional advice there.

That said, I hope he doesn't consider it micromanagement to tell him he has a real problem with his staff and changes are going to need to be made to keep the wolves at bay

We really don't know how CDC is going to handle this.  But I think it will be different from Dodds, Patterson, and Perrin.  He seems to be much less passive than his predecessors.  He did a great job with the Mike White hire for softball.  His granting of extensions to Herman and Angela Kelly are suspect.  I kind of think the Herman extension was largely out of his hands (based on how BMD historically RTS).  Kelly, though, is inexcusable.  At least it's not that much money.

He has a serious plateful with Herman, Smart, Aston, and Kelly and all the infrastructure projects, that's for damn sure.

Lordy our athletic department is a shambles.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

So now you think an athletic director is responsible for not completely morphing a coaches personality?  Makes sense.  SMH .  And do you even realize that the not getting outcoached comment was made directly after the game and Herman basically led off his press conference yesterday retracting that and saying he did get outcoached?  Wow - I wonder where that advice must have come from?

I definitely think any AD would ask his coach how represent the university after games and not act like a defensive child. I didn't hear him retract so my bad on that. I read the thread from the PC and Herman said a lot of dumb shit so I got confused on when he said it.

Edited by Rockethorn1978

It used to be so funny to look at the aggy 3-4 year coaching cycle. They would hire a guy with great fanfare, he would get whacked because of the state of their program under the prior 3 year coach and the honeymoon was over, leading toward a rinse and repeat cycle.

Is that where we want to go?. Certainly this season is disappointing, but if you fired coach Royal after 3 seasons in a row with 4 losses ('65,'66,'67 in 10 game seasons no less) you would have missed out on the '69 and '70 NC's. Media wasn't the same back then but there were voices that wanted him gone.So it's not as clear cut as it may appear.

Our prior coach was in way over his head, and had a total bafoon for an A.D. during most of his time here. It still took a near revolt by the big donors to get him ousted. Granted there was some political correctness inertia, that doesn't exist with Tom. But firing two HC's in a 4 year span would at least give pause to any potential new hire (that we would want).

I don't expect to make any impression on those that are operating emotionally and thinking that contacting Mr.DelConte does anything more than waste everybody's time. 

I feel the frustration too, we all know how great this place is and how strong (pardon that) it can be. I'm just saying that we are not where we were after the KU loss.

• Like 1

Everyone here should hope that Herman is forced to make major staff changes this offseason, or even more amazingly, he volunteers to do it himself. That shows stability and vision at the AD level, and an alignment of vision between the AD and the fans. We think we know what we have there, but we won't know for sure until that happens, and I wouldn't take it for granted like many posters here seem inclined to believe. 

Firing Herman outright after this season, much less a recent extension, would be a terrible, terrible look, although I'd fucking enjoy it personally and be keenly interested in how the search is run afterwards. But this would actually probably be a tough media pill to swallow. 

The only thing worse than above is allowing no changes to be made whatsoever, but that has to be with the caveat that College Football playoff in 2020 or bust. But the problem is, I have to think without changes we're losing a metric ton of football commits and players to the transfer portal come December. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

It used to be so funny to look at the aggy 3-4 year coaching cycle. They would hire a guy with great fanfare, he would get whacked because of the state of their program under the prior 3 year coach and the honeymoon was over, leading toward a rinse and repeat cycle.

Is that where we want to go?. Certainly this season is disappointing, but if you fired coach Royal after 3 seasons in a row with 4 losses ('65,'66,'67 in 10 game seasons no less) you would have missed out on the '69 and '70 NC's. Media wasn't the same back then but there were voices that wanted him gone.So it's not as clear cut as it may appear.

Our prior coach was in way over his head, and had a total bafoon for an A.D. during most of his time here. It still took a near revolt by the big donors to get him ousted. Granted there was some political correctness inertia, that doesn't exist with Tom. But firing two HC's in a 4 year span would at least give pause to any potential new hire (that we would want).

I don't expect to make any impression on those that are operating emotionally and thinking that contacting Mr.DelConte does anything more than waste everybody's time. 

I feel the frustration too, we all know how great this place is and how strong (pardon that) it can be. I'm just saying that we are not where we were after the KU loss.

"we are not where we were after the KU loss."

We may not be where we were after the KU loss but we are closer to that than we are to being a program like Alabama, Clemson or Ohio St. That's the frustrating part. Tom has been given every opportunity to succeed here but he is acting like a homeless person being invited to a mansion. Instead of choosing the master bed with ocean views, he chooses the maid's quarters.

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't believe CDC would micromanage to the degree of telling Herman how to run his PCs or what to say.  He might offer occasional advice there.

That said, I hope he doesn't consider it micromanagement to tell him he has a real problem with his staff and changes are going to need to be made to keep the wolves at bay

I disagree that CDC shouldn't share thoughts and ideas with Herman on how to conduct better press conferences... Herman's words directly affect Texas fans and alumni opinions of the Athletic Dept.  During the off-season, CDC should have Herman and his coaches go thru more public speaking training which includes segments on handling Q&A sessions from the press.  

Herman is TERRIBLE in Q&A sessions... he uses too many crutch words and fillers like ah and um.  Any Toastmaster member can easily observe many poor speaking habits that Herman displays during his Monday Q&A Press Conferences.  Herman's answers are not well constructed, too long, and he rambles in an attempt to appear smart.

Just poor communication habits for public speaking!!

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We really don't know how CDC is going to handle this.  But I think it will be different from Dodds, Patterson, and Perrin.  He seems to be much less passive than his predecessors.  He did a great job with the Mike White hire for softball.  His granting of extensions to Herman and Angela Kelly are suspect.  I kind of think the Herman extension was largely out of his hands (based on how BMD historically RTS).  Kelly, though, is inexcusable.  At least it's not that much money.

He has a serious plateful with Herman, Smart, Aston, and Kelly and all the infrastructure projects, that's for damn sure.

I had to google who Aston & Kelly are.  All that matters is football, basketball, and baseball. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

the track coach was an ace hire as well.  extending Kelly, stupid but whatever.  extending Herman, dumb.  I'm not sure why we do it though.  where is he going to go?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I disagree that CDC shouldn't share thoughts and ideas with Herman on how to conduct better press conferences... Herman's words directly affect Texas fans and alumni opinions of the Athletic Dept.  During the off-season, CDC should have Herman and his coaches go thru more public speaking training which includes segments on handling Q&A sessions from the press.  

Herman is TERRIBLE in Q&A sessions... he uses too many crutch words and fillers like ah and um.  Any Toastmaster member can easily observe many poor speaking habits that Herman displays during his Monday Q&A Press Conferences.  Herman's answers are not well constructed, too long, and he rambles in an attempt to appear smart.

Regardless of their degrees, these guys are football coaches, not rocket surgeons or public speakers(yes some are better than others). the plan for any football coach is to waste as much time as possible in the post game stuff and monday weekly to take as few questions as possible.  As it is an always will be.

when they are getting their ass kicked weekly and they have no answer after considering themselves the smartest guy in the room it is NEVER going to go well.  If he doesn't have a plan to fire half his coaching staff at least and upgrade he's just plain dumb and this will end like so many others.  maybe next year but certainly the following year.

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, it’d be a lot more exciting if our regular opponents were the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado. The one thing holding us back from excellence is a 9 pm kickoff in Corvallis. You’re a genius.

As per surly usual, you only took one part of my post and picked at that rather than the whole thing. As you see, I wrote Independent first,  I think that would be the best option. 

Genius would be going independent and tapping into the latent hatred between Texas and Notre Dame fan bases by starting a yearly game with them, which would make more money and have more viewers than any game in any year besides maybe the national championship. 

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

CDC is really good at pandering to the masses. 

No changes will be made until the money train slows down. That’s all that matters.

wasn't one of the reasons he was brought in because he was a damn good fundraiser who has a history of insulating FB coach (GP), bringing in $Texas, making BMDs happy and making the masses happy?

dude is a great AD, full stop. this is based on his 8 years at TCU and prior work.

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

wasn't one of the reasons he was brought in because he was a damn good fundraiser who has a history of insulating FB coach (GP), bringing in $Texas, making BMDs happy and making the masses happy?

dude is a great AD, full stop. this is based on his 8 years at TCU and prior work.

I mean, I agree with your general sentiment in regards to CDC. I  have every reason to think he's a great AD, great fundraiser, etc.

The only quibble I have in your post is the notion that Gary Patterson needed to be insulated. The only insulating that needed to happen in regards to Gary Patterson is insulating his wife (allegedly) and perhaps several other women (allegedly) from his pudgy little fists (allegedly). 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The only quibble I have in your post is the notion that Gary Patterson needed to be insulated.

i wasn't clear there. he did a great job of ensuring that Gary Patterson was not in the public spotlight because Gary Patterson is a monumental asshole who is one of the most unlikable coaches/people in football in the State of Texas.

he somehow made him seem like he wasn't an asshole 100% of the time, only most of it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

Gary Patterson is a monumental asshole who is one of the most unlikable coaches/people in football in the State of Texas.

he somehow made him seem like he wasn't an asshole 100% of the time, only most of it. 

And yet I'd only give him about a 7 on the Briles scale.

No one cares about his press conferences. They don't matter and addressing anything there short of conduct blatantly detrimental to the university/program is a waste of an AD's time.

Sure, the surly type posts about them, but we are extreme degenerate outliers. And half of us don't really care either. The portion of the fanbase that knows what Herman says in a given press conference, even through second hand media sources, is well below ten percent. That number shrinks a good bit beyond injury status. The ones that are there now are tuning in with a misguided hope that they're getting answers and closure for the most recent loss and a promise of foundational change. If Texas wins, even those people losee their reason for listening and you're left with basically no one.

Press conferences do not matter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i wasn't clear there. he did a great job of ensuring that Gary Patterson was not in the public spotlight because Gary Patterson is a monumental asshole who is one of the most unlikable coaches/people in football in the State of Texas.
This seems oddly relevant to his current position.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I assume most of you got this already, but perhaps some didn't.

UPDATE FROM THE 
TEXAS ATHLETICS DIRECTOR 

Greetings Longhorn Nation,  

As Coach Herman emphasized at his weekly press conference on Monday, we are all extremely disappointed in the outcome of Saturday’s game at Iowa State. It was a difficult afternoon in Ames with a heartbreaking 23-21 loss on the game’s final play that could have put us back in the driver’s seat for a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. We understand you’re frustrated and have heard from several of you. I appreciate you reaching out to share your thoughts, and I am doing my best to get back to all of you. Please know that no one is more disappointed than Coach Herman and our team, and they are focused, determined and driven to get back on the winning track. As Coach Herman told our team, “You’re not ever going to be defined by when you get knocked down. You’re always going to be defined by how you get back up when you get knocked down. This will be a good challenge for us to see what we’re made of.” We’ve responded before, have two more games in the regular season, and I have faith that we can bounce back again. With that in mind, our coaches and student-athletes were back at work on Sunday and preparing hard for another big challenge in the Big 12 as we head to Waco to face a No. 13 Baylor team on Saturday (2:30 p.m. CT/FS1) that is coming off a late-game defeat of its own. For those of you joining us in Waco, we look forward to seeing you, and if you’re watching elsewhere, let’s all pull together with our patented Texas Fight and help our team come away with a victory!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

UPDATE FROM THE  TEXAS ATHLETICS DIRECTOR 

As Coach Herman emphasized at his weekly press conference on Monday, we are all extremely disappointed in the outcome of Saturday’s game at Iowa State. It was a difficult afternoon in Ames with a heartbreaking 23-21 loss on the game’s final play that could have put us back in the driver’s seat for a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. We understand you’re frustrated and have heard from several of you. I appreciate you reaching out to share your thoughts, and I am doing my best to get back to all of you. Please know that no one is more disappointed than Coach Herman and our team, and they are focused, determined and driven to get back on the winning track. As Coach Herman told our team, “You’re not ever going to be defined by when you get knocked down. You’re always going to be defined by how you get back up when you get knocked down. This will be a good challenge for us to see what we’re made of.” We’ve responded before, have two more games in the regular season, and I have faith that we can bounce back again. With that in mind, our coaches and student-athletes were back at work on Sunday and preparing hard for another big challenge in the Big 12 as we head to Waco to face a No. 13 Baylor team on Saturday (2:30 p.m. CT/FS1) that is coming off a late-game defeat of its own. For those of you joining us in Waco, we look forward to seeing you, and if you’re watching elsewhere, let’s all pull together with our patented Texas Fight and help our team come away with a victory!

Thanks @927 E. 41st    Where was this posted or distributed??

Edited by LTtxfan

16 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

You mean leave the conference we’ve been so dominant in that we’ve only won it 3X in 23 years? That’s one more than Baylor, who only started Having winning seasons 6 years ago. 

Maybe ou should leave because they need a bigger challenge.Then we can duke it out with the rest of the scrubs like the ACC.

NM

Edited by hornhorn
Double post

16 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

You mean leave the conference we’ve been so dominant in that we’ve only won it 3X in 23 years? That’s one more than Baylor, who only started Having winning seasons 6 years ago. 

Maybe ou should leave because they need a bigger challenge.Then we can duke it out with the rest of the scrubs like the ACC.

They should create a super conference where OU, Clemson, tOSU, Bama and Georgia play every year. Man, that would be so much fun to watch. Add some team from PAC too as a cupcake to give them a respite.

Hahaha I think it's hilarious they added #13 baylor (2;30/FS1).. Wanna make sure y'all know and watch.

If the Athletic department is now sending out emails about getting so many calls then Good Job Longhorn Nation! Flood CDC email and call log after we lose Saturday in Waco because we can't move the ball against that defense. The louder we are the quicker he will be forced to make changes.

I think we all know that good football teams lose football games.

what some of us are wondering is why Tom Herman is being paid the sixth or seventh highest amount of money in the nation to finish sixth or seventh in his own fucking conference.

you can call it cognitive dissonance Or Herman can man up and admit that it makes no fucking sense

sorry that some of us are no longer buying into the illusion

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not to mention the whole David Pierce thing you and I are way too familiar with. Id assume a repeat of his first year here would buy him another year. Plus he made some staff changes and overhauled the roster. But yeah, he and Shaka could do CDC a huge favor and each finish top 4ish in conference then just see wtf happens in the tournaments 

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not to mention the whole David Pierce thing you and I are way too familiar with. Id assume a repeat of his first year here would buy him another year. Plus he made some staff changes and overhauled the roster. But yeah, he and Shaka could do CDC a huge favor and each finish top 4ish in conference then just see wtf happens in the tournaments 

Yeah I left Pierce off.  Not quite sure what to make of that.  He's at least doing something different.  Hope he's not screwing the moose with this new class of MLB prospects.

if that is a real response it is interesting.  its not a singular loss to ISU, which is a decent team, that took OU to the wire.  its incompetency against a shitty TCU team, looking like dogshit against KU at home and road last year, losing to fucking Maryland twice, hanging on to beat OSU with a QB in his 4th start, never having both sides of the ball play well in the same game, historically bad defense, etc.

Herman's job in his 3rd year is to beat the middling teams regularly, destroy the scrubs(see Tulsa, KU), and win the conference.  he's doing none of this and its getting worse not better.

He hung his fucking hat on his Mensa-ness and scrub coaches he could hire at UH.  he fucked up. It is now CDC's job to make sure he fixes it.  He didn't hire him but he damn sure can fire him.  sorry you have to clean up the mess CDC but you wanted the gig.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, torre said:

Today's Forty Acres Insider:

The cliche youre not defined by when you get knocked down is fucking stupid BS from a snake oil salesman. I can’t believe cdc used it in his letter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I think we all know that good football teams lose football games.

what some of us are wondering is why Tom Herman is being paid the sixth or seventh highest amount of money in the nation to finish sixth or seventh in his own fucking conference.

you can call it cognitive dissonance Or Herman can man up and admit that it makes no fucking sense

sorry that some of us are no longer buying into the illusion

Call your buddy and demand change. You act like you have connections, use them. This is the time. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

The cliche youre not defined by when you get knocked down is fucking stupid BS from a snake oil salesman. I can’t believe cdc used it in his letter.

He’s pandering to idiots who buy his bullshit...CDC won’t care until it hits Bellmont’s wallet. Stop donating, stop going to games, stop buying merchandise. 

10 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Guys like Strong and Herman are risky hires.  The jury still out on Herman but the day and age of coach Royal era of giving them more time is over, and if Texas loses out he’s done.  I recall when Texas hired Augie and he said he was the right coach for Texas to hire. He was right.  He was proven and won NCs at CSF and came close to winning more.  Urban is a proven winner like Augie and like to see him hired, if possible.

Edited by Horn80

I once again confronted that shifty Polack Del Conte outside the ISU stadium. I shouted "Face me Conte, you coward" and I drove my scooter up to him and took off my glove and slapped his wife in the face before security could tackle me. As he ran away, I yelled after him "Run all you like Picante, thanks to Surly I now have your email and phone number, you haven't heard the last from Bob Wheeler!" 

Dude you are forged from a hotter fire...

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

the day and age of coach Royal era of giving them more time is over

I don't know that it's over, but I'll will definitely give you that it is less likely than in the past. I think it's due to two reasons, less patient people and high expectations due to the high pay checks coaches now pull down.

I don't know that it's over, but I'll will definitely give you that it is less likely than in the past. I think it's due to two reasons, less patient people and high expectations due to the high pay checks coaches now pull down.

Too much money involved now days and that’s why it’s over. Especially when the data is starting to show if it isn’t turned around by year 3 the chances are very slim it will get turned around.
  • Like 1