Demarvion Overshown makes plays

zork

• 10 months later...

Not bashing on the kid. I don't do that. I'm more curious as to why the tv talking heads and the radio guys were pimping him up all week after last week's game. I've watched the game several times now. To me his best play came late in the 1st quarter where he was dynamite explosive and ran down a scrambling qb forcing a throw that 7 broke up on the sideline.I can't  recall a solo tackle. Other than that, he seemed to have a knack for running into linemen without much ability to shed blocks, got caught up in the trash too often, and he seemed flat footed and didn't attack gaps but waited for the runners to come to him.

What did I miss? Was the laud and praise this week simply because he's now at a more natural position in a new number?

Again, not trying to harsh on the kid. I'm rooting for him to ball out. I'm just wondering if it's just media trying to create a story or did he do something I didn't see?

1 hour ago, SKA the boss said:

Not bashing on the kid. I don't do that. I'm more curious as to why the tv talking heads and the radio guys were pimping him up all week after last week's game. I've watched the game several times now. To me his best play came late in the 1st quarter where he was dynamite explosive and ran down a scrambling qb forcing a throw that 7 broke up on the sideline.I can't  recall a solo tackle. Other than that, he seemed to have a knack for running into linemen without much ability to shed blocks, got caught up in the trash too often, and he seemed flat footed and didn't attack gaps but waited for the runners to come to him.

What did I miss? Was the laud and praise this week simply because he's now at a more natural position in a new number?

Again, not trying to harsh on the kid. I'm rooting for him to ball out. I'm just wondering if it's just media trying to create a story or did he do something I didn't see?

Brand new LB, and it was an absolute trial to get him to switch, but they want him to be a good example for Foster and Owens. At least that's the internal reason the team has been promoting him. No idea about broader media.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Back to back weeks for outstanding individual effort LB play for UT that is nationally recognized.  Still...coaching remains an issue.  The talent is there.

I’m starting to come around on Ash. Maybe the lack of the Spring/Summer actually did affect them. However, the offense, no clue where to even start with their issues. 

Just now, EZ$ said:

I’m starting to come around on Ash. Maybe the lack of the Spring/Summer actually did affect them. However, the offense, no clue where to even start with their issues. 

Offensive Line and Mensa meddling too much in offensive gameplan/playcalling....

On 11/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, EZ$ said:

I tried to tell y'all this would happen...

Defense usually "gets it" first... Then offense.

But with ALMOST NO PRACTICE, the defensive overhaul was going to be slow, while the offense was going to look similar to last year for continuity.

Defense will kick ass the rest of the way (if we can stay healthy) and into next year...

Offense is going to be what it is this year... and look different next year... UNLESS... TH gets out of the way and let's Yurcich do the empty backfield thing and get the playmakers in space... we are not going to "smashmouth" anybody by lining up in 21 and counting the box.  We don't have those Joes.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

So happy to have him back. So much potential. On his int last night I was thinking, no way a LB is that far down field.... oh yeah...

It’s crazy to think he was a transfer risk in July. He’s improved so much and could really be a Day 1 or 2 pick next year. Hopefully Tyler Owens is paying attention.