Via 313

Neonmoon

Tried this place tonight. Never even heard of “Detroit Style” pizza before. It was pretty good. The crispyness of the crust is tasty. I’m definitely more a New York style pizza person, but this will be a nice change of pace style. 

Place was packed too. 

I apparently don’t like Detroit style. Ate it a month ago after people raved about it on the previous site and was underwhelmed. Burnt pepperonis and pickled jalapeños.

I’ll give it another go. What should I order?

Jets square/Detroit style kinda sucks imo. Lots of chains do a fake Detroit style where they use the same pans but half ass the rest of it, don't use the right sauce, cheese, or very good ingredients, etc. Via 313 is legit, I thought it was as good as Buddy's (the OG) when I tried it. The Detroiter (double pepperoni, 1/2 under the cheese, 1/2 on top) is the way to go. 

Speaking of pizza, I have not had Saccones since probably 2001 until last weekend. Holy shit, that was some good stuff. Obviously much different NY style but it was terrific. 

19 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Did the joint on 183 burn down? My buddy thought so but he's only been in town since 2009. 

That sounds familiar but not sure. The one  in Leander changed names but think it was owned by someone involved with Saccones. 

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Did the joint on 183 burn down? My buddy thought so but he's only been in town since 2009. 

Yes there was a fire at the old location on 183.  Arson, but not a "family" connection apparently.

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/stories/cp-men-arrested-for-arson-burglary,56220

The new location is now close enough to my house to deliver, so that's pretty sweet.  Oh, and I dig Via313, very tasty.  

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite pizza in town.  Jet's is another Detroit style option, but it has more of a Pizza Hut/Domino's feel.  More fast-foody.

Via 313 is definitely my favorite in Austin right now.

I thought Little Deli was good but pretty overhyped. It was crazy how many people were waiting around to order and eat there.

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Via 313 is definitely my favorite in Austin right now.

I thought Little Deli was good but pretty overhyped. It was crazy how many people were waiting around to order and eat there.

well there are only about 5 tables inside the restaurant. so yeah, people are going to be standing around waiting to order and eat.

• 2 weeks later...