Banner for the Tech game

Handcruser

32 minutes ago, Cajun said:

re: "Ground Control to Mid-Major Tom"

I dig it the most.

Gotta put an "OK Boomer" in there somewhere so the millenials will have something to latch onto.

Bowie introduced Major Tom in 1969 and last wrote a song about him in 1983.

Journey released Infinity in January 1978.

iGen can do Lights, iGen can do Bowie.

i like not ok not cool hook'em better.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Our strong recruiting class is hanging by a thread. By all means fly a banner so that they reconsider their choices and accelerate our decline. CDC doesn’t need a damn banner to know he has a problem to solve.

CDC will let it ride and the class will be wasted regardless.  This season has reset the clock AGAIN to T minus 5 years.  Not-real coaches have cratered multiple top-10 classes this decade, while real coaches at other programs beat us handily with not-top-10 classes.   There is zero reason to give one fuck about recruiting when the end result is already predetermined to be bad if nothing changes.

Kids that want to play here want to play here because the program and the school are bigger than the staff.

As the Kop said when Hicks owned half of Pool:

Here Before You

Here After You

Here Despite You

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Our strong recruiting class is hanging by a thread. By all means fly a banner so that they reconsider their choices and accelerate our decline. CDC doesn’t need a damn banner to know he has a problem to solve.

Honestly, who gives a shit about recruiting when our coaching is abysmal? We routinely get beat by teams that would kill their first borns for our recruiting classes. I’m sick of seeing people be worried by that when it’s better to just get coaches that actually know how to coach and develop players instead of seeing the same regression year in and year out. 

• Like 4

To those who are worried about recruiting classes, we seem to be getting worse as our recruiting classes get better. TCU and ISU just fucked our shit up with classes ranked in the 30’s and 40’s. Apparently it’s more important to have a competent coaching staff. I really don’t fucking care anymore if we fall from 7th to 15th in the recruiting rankings if we have a legit staff. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No. It's premature and only indicative of Surly petulance.

Something has gone terrible wrong. Every game is a shit fight no matter the quality of the opponent. We lose to teams that should be out of the game by the fourth quarter. The locker room seems to be a mess. I don't look forward to games.

All true. 

I think Herman should get room to assess and adjust at least through discussions with the AD between the season and out crappy bowl game. If the plan to correct the course is not sufficient, then the AD should consider firing him. If the plan is promising, give him time.

A banner would embarrass me as a Longhorn and do no good. Show some restraint. Public observing that the program sucks right now is not exactly a revelation.

This is all true.  I just like flinging poo.

18 hours ago, Handcruser said:

I’ll get some pricing together this week.

What do we want it to say?

Fire Tom Herman
CDC: this isn’t our standard
Fire Tom. Don’t hire urban.
Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“Another banner year”

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

You cant absolve players across the board. A senior jumping offsides on a kick? WR not blocking or running routes fully. 

I’m not s “blame the players” guy and I do hold the coaches much more accountable. 

That's true. I blame coaches when players jump off sides. These are kids, I got that, and they should know better than do some of the dumb shit they do. Coach should bench him at least for awhile to help the player to understand his dumb shit penalty is unacceptable and making him responsible for his actions. Maybe I'm just too hard on them. These stupid penalties have killed this team from game to game. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is all true.  I just like flinging poo.

Yea. I don't think the concerns and anger are premature at all. Something is wrong. A banner just likely makes things worse. 

Scream on the radio, pour venom on Surly, or stand on a table at a sports bar and curse Herman and the state of the program. I don't enjoy reading a lot of it, but I also can't say I don't get it.

Herman could still work out depending upon how he handles this crisis, but his seat is deservedly hot. I won't advocate changing head coaches at the end of the season because you never know what you're going get. May as well give Herman a full four years.

If we lose out, well, that's another story.

Hook "Em.

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea. I don't think the concerns and anger are premature at all. Something is wrong. A banner just likely makes things worse. 

Than what, exactly?

Is your contention that flying a banner makes it more likely that someone decommits? Maybe, but I'd sacrifice Bijan Robinson on flaming altar for some even halfway competent coaching.

indiana jones and the temple of doom GIF

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No. It's premature and only indicative of Surly petulance.

Something has gone terrible wrong. Every game is a shit fight no matter the quality of the opponent. We lose to teams that should be out of the game by the fourth quarter. The locker room seems to be a mess. I don't look forward to games.

All true. 

I think Herman should get room to assess and adjust at least through discussions with the AD between the season and out crappy bowl game. If the plan to correct the course is not sufficient, then the AD should consider firing him. If the plan is promising, give him time.

A banner would embarrass me as a Longhorn and do no good. Show some restraint. Public observing that the program sucks right now is not exactly a revelation.

I think this is too many words for the banner.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

Than what, exactly?

Is your contention that flying a banner makes it more likely that someone decommits? Maybe, but I'd sacrifice Bijan Robinson on flaming altar for some even halfway competent coaching.

indiana jones and the temple of doom GIF

I'm sorry my post and position don't conform to what you want it to have meant.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Herman isn't going to work out. 

No really good position coaches are going to come to a hot seat HC gig and frankly most are probably not impressed by his historical performance.

Things are only going to get worse under Tom.

Hey, good news! We've gotten this far with coaches no one else wants, so we don't need really good coaches! Average will be a big upgrade!

• Haha 1