Banner for the Tech game

Handcruser

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

put down in the 'this is a bad idea' camp. 

nothing good will come from this. it doesn't increase pressure, it just provides a really bad optic that make the program's next moves more difficult.

This.   On a national standard it looks ridiculous coming off a Sugar Bowl win last year.     Repeat performance next year with new coordinators and it's warranted but we could get blown out our last 3 games and Tom will be back next year.   And there is going to be massive coaching turnover even if we win out.  So a banner at this point accomplishes nothing except bad optics.

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

put down in the 'this is a bad idea' camp. 

nothing good will come from this. it doesn't increase pressure, it just provides a really bad optic that make the program's next moves more difficult.

Gotta agree with this one.  Besides, Fleck ain't leaving immediately after signing his extension.  Give him one more year with the Gophers then snap him up for 2021.

6 hours ago, Skipper said:

This.   On a national standard it looks ridiculous coming off a Sugar Bowl win last year.     Repeat performance next year with new coordinators and it's warranted but we could get blown out our last 3 games and Tom will be back next year.   And there is going to be massive coaching turnover even if we win out.  So a banner at this point accomplishes nothing except bad optics.

The entire board gets your point.

99% of this board believes anything short of nukes is useless and a waste of time.  I was never on 360 and started lurking on hornfans in '04; in 15 years reading this group of people online, i've never seen 99% alignment on something, especially this radical and incendiary.  For whatever reason you believe another year is warranted.  99% of this board, with vehemence and anger, disagrees.  99% of this board does not care if it looks ridiculous to go to nukes 2 months after an extension.

14 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

How much was it?

I forget exactly, I think it was a couple grand. Maybe a few. The bigger issue was timing, many of these planes book up months in advance, so we had to pay a premium to get the selected date and timing lined up.  The dude had to fly a plane from Corpus to Austin because the inventory was already booked all around central Texas, which is why the thing basically made 2 loops and flew off into the sunset. At this point you'd probably be facing a similar situation for Tech. 

I fondly remember the legion of mack brown apologists showing up spewing venom at the idea, as well as "astronomical financial waste" such a massive undertaking was going to cost...pretty sure several posters said I was going to hell for wasting money that could go to charity, or some shit. How we were terrible fans. Just hilarious, irate lunacy. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Skipper said:

Is this a promise?  Link?

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

Is this a promise?  Link?

If Herman actually doesn't see the need himself I don't see any way CDC doesn't force his hand.   Can't fathom the phone calls and emails he's getting from people that matter.    Mack had enough power and backing to hold off what was close to a forced firing of GD after the 03 Wazzu Holiday Bowl disaster.  Reese was sacrificed instead.  This season reminds me of 03 in the sense of not meeting high expectations, except we're worse than that team and Herman hasn't accomplished as much as Mack had to date.   Herman doesn't have near enough clout or support to hold steady even if he wanted to.  Frankly I'll be shocked at this point if there isn't 50% turnover.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I fondly remember the legion of mack brown apologists showing up spewing venom at the idea, as well as "astronomical financial waste" such a massive undertaking was going to cost...pretty sure several posters said I was going to hell for wasting money that could go to charity, or some shit. How we were terrible fans. Just hilarious, irate lunacy. 

The lulz.  Can we also include under the definition of  "astronomical financial waste" salary for 2+ years as head coach plus 3 to 4 more years after he was fired of milking UT for $500K annually and doing absolutely nothing? 

• Like 1

ARE you a recruit?
Do top recruits matter given our current staff?
Will they actually be coached and perform with the current staff?
No.
No.
No.

Ah you’re a stars don’t matter guy. Cool let’s match shitty players with shitty coaches. That’ll work better.

2 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Something may be coming out that makes this all moot. 

The black death?  Invasion by Uruguay?  Mass walrus attack?  Crop failure?  Multiple mid-air blimp crash?  Moon de-orbits and lands on Hula Hut?  Arrival of the jumbo jews?  Oxygen destroyer?  Return of the dvorak keyboard layout?

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

If any of those dbags are still around you should definitely put them on blast.  WTF?  I'm hoping you had a nice retort about paying their mom, charity...yada yada.  

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If any of those dbags are still around you should definitely put them on blast.  WTF?  I'm hoping you had a nice retort about paying their mom, charity...yada yada.  

I don’t remember behaving that way, honestly. After all the media coverage and mentions it got, it sort of spoke for itself. I’m sure I had plenty of asshole moments after, though. Just for shits and giggles I pulled up page 1of the original thread, and there are already a few names present decrying it, and honestly it didn’t become more bitter till later in the thread. The real vitriol, I believe, was actually in a different thread, the one where Po Elvis came up with the banner’s name when we were all spitballing. That one I can’t remember the name of at the moment. 

A couple adamant posters came back later and ate crow, saying it was awesome. Of course, other posters resented it forever and doxxed me to aTm alums a couple years later. Some people are real bitches and pussies. 

Enjoy. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/75728-Greg-Davis-Is-Not-Our-Standard-Banner-Flyby

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t remember behaving that way, honestly. After all the media coverage and mentions it got, it sort of spoke for itself. I’m sure I had plenty of asshole moments after, though. Just for shits and giggles I pulled up page 1of the original thread, and there are already a few names present decrying it, and honestly it didn’t become more bitter till later in the thread. The real vitriol, I believe, was actually in a different thread, the one where Po Elvis came up with the banner’s name when we were all spitballing. That one I can’t remember the name of at the moment. 

A couple adamant posters came back later and ate crow, saying it was awesome. Of course, other posters resented it forever and doxxed me to aTm alums a couple years later. Some people are real bitches and pussies. 

Enjoy. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/75728-Greg-Davis-Is-Not-Our-Standard-Banner-Flyby

So much gold in there. 

If someone will unearth the thread on Ketch's golf tournament shenanigans the day will be made.