Banner for the Tech game

Handcruser

I think in lieu of a banner we chip in for 80k T-shirts that update the “Greg Davis 3rd and 5” to the “Todd Orlando 3rd and 11”

you can show unnecessary stunting in the middle that cuts off the lanes that the 7 second delay blitzers use, the DEs running upfield way past the QB, the CB giving 15 yd cushions and not turning around and throw in some missed LB tackles and a S who led with his head attempting a tackle lying injured on the field, oh and of course play results in a 17 yd gain”

a lot to fit on a shirt but some of you are gifted artists. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 7:31 AM, stork642 said:

I don’t agree with a banner.  I think it’s akin to a two year old throwing a temper tantrum but if you insist on doing it...

The Jones’s Suck.   

I once thought as you did. Back in the day. Different coach. Different banner. Same bullshit.

I was wrong then, just like you are now.

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

I'm from the "Fire Fred" times, which were on a banner at least once IIRC, but were often painted/white-shoe-polished on the backs of burnt orange "Texas" windbreakers belonging to disgruntled fans.

"Fire Tom" would work, but....

"Fire Tom or you go, too, CDC!" probably would drive the point home.

I still have a fire fred shirt. My daughter asked me who fred was the last time I wore it.

2 hours ago, vox said:

Lock it up.

We're done here.

Isn’t it bad!?  I knew we would whip Georgia and now I’m back to apathy already.  It hasn’t even been a fucking year!  Orlando and Herman have gotten me to stop caring about Texas football again in less than a year.  I missed the Iowa State game and when my buddies told me how it happened I wasn’t even surprised.  I am going to try to skip Baylor, but we will see I guess.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:08 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I forget exactly, I think it was a couple grand. Maybe a few. The bigger issue was timing, many of these planes book up months in advance, so we had to pay a premium to get the selected date and timing lined up.  The dude had to fly a plane from Corpus to Austin because the inventory was already booked all around central Texas, which is why the thing basically made 2 loops and flew off into the sunset. At this point you'd probably be facing a similar situation for Tech. 

I fondly remember the legion of mack brown apologists showing up spewing venom at the idea, as well as "astronomical financial waste" such a massive undertaking was going to cost...pretty sure several posters said I was going to hell for wasting money that could go to charity, or some shit. How we were terrible fans. Just hilarious, irate lunacy. 

You’re my fuckin hero. Beers on me