Banner for the Tech game

Handcruser

17 hours ago, Landomatic said:

How is Charlie Strong doing at USF?  How is Tom Herman doing at Texas?  How is Mack Brown doing at NC?  How are UCLA and USF even remotely related to UT?  How is Urban fucking Meyer even remotely related to Chip Kelly, Charlie Strong or Tom Herman...or even Mack Brown?

Weren't you the head cheerleader for hiring Chip Kelly back on Shaggy?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Regression in year 3 is really inexcusable. We shouldn’t have to rent a plane to communicate dissatisfaction however. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to make a big ass sign to put on a truck and drive around Bellmont? You guys give me $1000 I can make that happen 

Yeah, but how many people could see that at once? The plane banner can be seen by anyone who looks up in the sky over a much greater area

26 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Yeah, but how many people could see that at once? The plane banner can be seen by anyone who looks up in the sky over a much greater area

I don’t think the audience is fellow dissatisfied fans at the stadium, but specifically CDC. I just don’t think a banner will shame him into action 

4 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

His 2016 season at UH to me was a hint of his inconsistency and gave me a little bit of pause as to his greatness as a coach, yet many still never questioned.  

He's been pretty consistently shitty. We've played really 3 good to great games in 3 years: 2018 RRS, Sugar, and Iowa State. 

That's about the same number of stinkers I feared he'd have over the same period, based on his UH results. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t think the audience is fellow dissatisfied fans at the stadium, but specifically CDC. I just don’t think a banner will shame him into action 

I agree.  They are trying to be patient a la Shaka Smart....  On the other hand, if we can get Steve Perry and Journey to re-unite for the Tech game halftime show and sing "Separate Ways" with Tom's pic on the godzillatron, we might make some headway.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

Not that bad of an idea. Only downside I could see is some weak shit being pulled like trespass warnings getting issued. Don't know anyone who'd risk all that...

On 11/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, Hookah Horns said:

He's been pretty consistently shitty. We've played really 3 good to great games in 3 years: 2018 RRS, Sugar, and Iowa State. 

That's about the same number of stinkers I feared he'd have over the same period, based on his UH results. 

I mean, we won and all. But the 2018 was good/great for about 3.5 quarters. Needing a winning kick, when formally leading by 21, indicates a problem. Especially with a midget QB

Someone up thread said something about not the time for half measures.

Give the direction this seems to be going based on reports coming out, that's the right banner. If we're really retaining Herman and Orlando, and only swapping out OC (which has been in title only) and a few position coaches, it won't be enough and it will fail to produce sufficient change.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

Herman is making over $6.2 million in 2022 and even more in 2023.  CDC is the target audience, and Herman is not going anywhere as far as he's concerned, but Herman's assistants on the other hand should be ripe for that discussion.

aggy sells $1.3 mil in alcohol sales first year:

"

This past offseason, the SEC made a rule change that allowed schools to begin selling alcohol at stadiums.

Though there was not a lot time betwen the ruling and the beginning of the football season, Texas A&M was one of the schools that immediately jumped on the bandwagon and begin allowing alcohol sales at Kyle Field."

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...