How long does Tom Herman survive at Texas

alphahorn

Poll: what season will be Tom Herman's last at Texas  

230 members have voted

1. 1. When does Texas cut ties with Mensa? After which of the following seasonns?

• this year 2019?
    • Election Year - 2020
    • After a couple of years with new coordinators and coaches 2021 is his last year
    • Tom shares his coke with CDC and makes it to 2022
    • CDC joins Tom and his wife snorting coke off strippers and Tom survives through 2023 and beyond

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

5 years. He talks a good game and the big cigars will eat that shit up.

Meanwhile we will miss multiple chances to get coaches who actually coach and win.

Nah. I’m guessing he’s about as well liked by the big cigars as Charlie was...Herman is an arrogant dick. That only works if you win. The sugar bowl win bought him year 4, but if we’re 7-5 next year he’s toast.

Here's a fun fact, during our decade in the wilderness because "class" and "character", and "culture"...and I mean that in alliterative and chronological order...Baylor has now managed to reload TWICE under our watch.  TCU did it once.   Iowa State is in the midst of it.  Kansas State has done it once.  And Oklahoma has never lost a fucking step in the last 10 years, at least in terms of Big XII hardware.  So let's quit fooling ourselves, recruiting a Top 10-20 class from mostly Texas kids isn't going to cut it.  Or if it is, our last 10 years of coaches sure as shit ain't cutting it.  I'd like a wholistically different approach.  

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think theres a) a chance he guts his staff and b) things improve next year as a result, which keeps him around a while.

If he doesn't fire the whole staff, he's fucked.  This staff isn't doing shit. 2018 was a fluke and wasn't that great to begin with.

well then we are fucked.  firing his whole staff will fuck over recruiting something fierce because all it does is tell every parent, recruit and potential assistant that the end is near and not to jump on the grenade

Here's a fun fact, during our decade in the wilderness because "class" and "character", and "culture"...and I mean that in alliterative and chronological order...Baylor has now managed to reload TWICE under our watch.  TCU did it once.   Iowa State is in the midst of it.  Kansas State has done it once.  And Oklahoma has never lost a fucking step in the last 10 years, at least in terms of Big XII hardware.  So let's quit fooling ourselves, recruiting a Top 10-20 class from mostly Texas kids isn't going to cut it.  Or if it is, our last 10 years of coaches sure as shit ain't cutting it.  I'd like a wholistically different approach.  

Every team you just mentioned, save for OU, would kill for a top 10-20 class. OU, until recently, has recruited in that range largely with TX kids. Four straight B12 titles, three playoff appearances, and their 2017 squad was absolutely a national title caliber team. Recruiting isn't the problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

It's not just that we are losing. It's HOW we are losing. All this self-inflicted dumbassery and we all know Herman is not going to change. A lot of you are already saying we will probably be around 6-7 wins next year. So why wait and lose the year. IF the right guy is there to grab, take him now.

This is where I'm at.  Why let the train wreck happen if we can avoid it?

The most concerning issue is the culture Herman has implemented. While fostering an environment to create tough players is good, the way he’s done it is a disaster.

His navy seal runny egg bullshit doesn’t make sense whatsoever. Millennials and younger don’t respond to that bullshit. And the kissy face is even worse. Contrast that with Alabama where they work their ass off but it’s not an effing runny egg culture. Herman is an idiot and doomed to failure because he doesn’t get it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

This is where I'm at.  Why let the train wreck happen if we can avoid it?

exactly, we supposedly have an actual AD(instead of a clown or an interim guy) who gets paid 1M+ dollars to make sure we aren't a train wreck.  i doubt he does anything though because he is supposedly weak when it comes to the big decisions(football/basketball).

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The most concerning issue is the culture Herman has implemented. While fostering an environment to create tough players is good, the way he’s done it is a disaster.

His navy seal runny egg bullshit doesn’t make sense whatsoever. Millennials and younger don’t respond to that bullshit. And the kissy face is even worse. Contrast that with Alabama where they work their ass off but it’s not an effing runny egg culture. Herman is an idiot and doomed to failure because he doesn’t get it.

SEALs don't do chicken shit like runny eggs.  

This is a very much like 1984.  Young coach comes in, has a good year, has a close game with OU, fades with a bunch of problems down the stretch.  But look what is coming.  In the end, the freedom bowl massacre, 55 to 17 i think.  From memory only I think the team finished 7 and 4.  Fred still lasted 2 more years!

lets say we finish 6 and 7, bowl loss, and season tickets plummet.  20 could be his last year.  I think it’s all on the season ticket holders and bmds. 

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

exactly, we supposedly have an actual AD(instead of a clown or an interim guy) who gets paid 1M+ dollars to make sure we aren't a train wreck.  i doubt he does anything though because he is supposedly weak when it comes to the big decisions(football/basketball).

CDC cares about one thing and one thing only. Until the money train stops nothing else matters. 

Tom is not getting fired before the 2020 season. We can all agree on that. Personally I think next year is basically zero sum for his chances at keeping the job. We either contend for a title with Senior Sam or we continue splashing through the mediocrity swamp. I see very little in-between where he's "just good enough" to keep the job. His tenure seems like it will go one of two ways; I hope it's the right way, but I'm less than convinced after today's fuckfest. 

Oh and I'm like 90% convinced we're going to beat Baylor and Tech somehow and roll in a bowl game and everyone will conveniently forget about the TCU and ISU abortions. 

Edited by ztejas

If CDC has the brass balls we think he does, he'd fire Mensa "unexpectedly" tomorrow or, at least the next time we lose.

If we win out and go 3-0, then the obvious answer would be that he could stay another couple years and swap out the assistants, so that would argue in favor of firing him ASAP before the bowl game and not giving him a chance to stick around.

Let's see what CDC is made of. 

He should've been Kiffen'd on the tarmac after today's debacle, but realistically I'm thinking that, short of a major off the field incident, the Sugar Bowl definitely bought him 2020 and probably even 2021. I'm skeptical CDC even forces his hand on coordinator changes before then, to be honest, then he'll get a year to salvage things. So at least until 2022 I think.

Edited by ultimaton

At this point, I feel like you could easily make the case that Herman is a huge part of the problem. We've already played the "throw your coordinators under the bus to buy an extra year" game with Strong. It doesn't work, it's desperate and no good/proven OC/DC is going to sign up for a probable 1 year job with a guy that could be fired after any loss. And even if you did find some good ones, it doesnt change the rest of the staff that sucks ass also. He has had 3 years to make ANY changes that he would like and he didn't. We should not settle with being okay with throwing away next season on hope. Herman is getting paid big money no matter what. So it's not what's fair or best for Herman, it's what is best for UT.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

He'll get next year.  We'll lose to LSU and ou by double digits.  We'll lose at Okie Lite.  And at least one other.  Then we'll go hire the next big thing from Cincinnati or Memphis.  Maybe Boise.  Or Navy.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

If CDC has the brass balls we think he does, he'd fire Mensa "unexpectedly" tomorrow or, at least the next time we lose.

If we win out and go 3-0, then the obvious answer would be that he could stay another couple years and swap out the assistants, so that would argue in favor of firing him ASAP before the bowl game and not giving him a chance to stick around.

Let's see what CDC is made of. 

I can’t tell if this is a cry for help or if you really are serious with this battshittery.  

He’s not getting fired this year. With what Texas will be returning next season I doubt they win fewer than eight games, giving him till at least 2021. The trick for Herman is to win 10 next year so he can survive the garbage that will likely be the 2021 season. 

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

Unfortunately that sugar bowl win bought him 2 more years.  He's going to milk that 10 win season for another cool 10-15 mil.  FUCK!

Yep.  But, he'll refuse to change coordinators and will be ushered out at the end of 2022.  Then we get to start over...again. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

4 hours ago, Fozzz said:

I can’t tell if this is a cry for help or if you really are serious with this battshittery.  

He’s not getting fired this year. With what Texas will be returning next season I doubt they win fewer than eight games, giving him till at least 2021. The trick for Herman is to win 10 next year so he can survive the garbage that will likely be the 2021 season. 

Michelle? Show us your tits bitch.

Edited by Girdwood

9 hours ago, Blanton said:

Baylor more than likely will tie Texas for Big 12 conference championships at the end of this year. 

We really don't give a shit. 

9 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Jesus Christ that is depressing. 

One of the most depressing things I've read in a while. Even though Baylor lost to ousucks last night, they still have a good chance to make it to the CCG. If they face ou again and get a revenge victory to win the conference, then yes, after next season Tom will be done in Austin.  

9 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

All I know is we're going to Santa Fe next Thursday for a long weekend. Staying on the Plaza and gonna shop, drink, eat, & relax at 10,000 Waves next Saturday. I have zero desire to track the Texas-Baylor game. Fuck coach Mensa.

You and me both. I usually work on Saturday evenings, but I'm trying to find something else to do next weekend. Might crash a wedding. Beats watching us.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If he loses at baylor and we lose to tech and end up 6-6 and in the texas bowl and we lose how in the fuck could cdc not fire him?

because he was dumb enough to extend him last year. i see the fire the coodinator (beck, i bet orlando survives) and a number of assistants, kicking the can down the road for 2 more years

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

because he was dumb enough to extend him last year. i see the fire the coodinator (beck, i bet orlando survives) and a number of assistants, kicking the can down the road for 2 more years

Beck will stay on. I think they dump some of the useless offensive assistants and elevate Fadora to co-oc. 

He should be fired at the end of the season. What has he done to deserve to get to reload his coaching staff? Mack earned that right. But neither Charlie nor Tom have. It’s idiotic to let the same guy that just picked this shit staff to go do it again. And everyone knows that. Other coaches, recruits, etc. It’s a sinking ship. Cut bait. Anyone who can’t see that should be fired also.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

If Tom doesn’t want to fire Orlando, we might as well write the buyout check there and then. His complete mismanagement of the defense should have gotten him fired awhile ago, yet we keep the dumbass who keeps allowing opposing offenses to break records against us. 

He should be fired at the end of the season. What has he done to deserve to get to reload his coaching staff? Mack earned that right. But neither Charlie nor Tom have. It’s idiotic to let the same guy that just picked this shit staff to go do it again. And everyone knows that. Other coaches, recruits, etc. It’s a sinking ship. Cut bait. Anyone who can’t see that should be fired also.

The longer tom stays, our hole to climb out of gets deeper.