No urban, no saban

closetohumping

I don't have a problem with a G5 who has built and sustained a consistently successful program.  The problem is hiring the one MAYBE two hit wonder G5 coaches.  They were good for a year or so, maybe upset somebody...big fucking deal, lots of coaches do that.  

I really don't pay enough attention to Boise these days to know if Harsin fits the bill.  

• Like 2

Saban is a fucking fraud.  Urban is legit he's just a soulless piece of shit.

Saban couldn't lose less than 5 a year at MSU and couldn't win with a Miami Dolphin team that won 11 a year after he left.  All he's done is win a bunch of games in a league that's easier than the old big 8.

You wanna know a dude I'd go after?  Jim Leonhard.  That mfer is a badass

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm not sold on the Ohio state coach yet. He's giving me Chizik vibes when he had Cam. 

Yea.  But he would t come anyway 

Just now, mulletpelini said:

Saban couldn't lose less than 5 a year at MSU and couldn't win with a Miami Dolphin team that won 11 a year after he left.  All he's done is win a bunch of games in a league that's easier than the old big 8.

Saban is the goat.  I’ll take him. Thanks a lot Mack pos.  

also no thanks on fleck.    And not sure why we’re enamored with Petersen.  Better than herm?   Yes.  But somethings not right

Just now, closetohumping said:

Yea.  But he would t come anyway 

Saban is the goat.  I’ll take him. Thanks a lot Mack pos.  

also no thanks on fleck.    And not sure why we’re enamored with Petersen.  Better than herm?   Yes.  But somethings not right

I agree with both of your comments. There's something not right with Petersen. I don't buy into his hype like a bunch of folks. 

• Like 2

Rhule should get a long, hard look if he's still at Baylor after Texas cuts Herman loose in a couple years. Same for Matt Campbell.

I don't know how realistic it is but Chris Petersen has proven to have staying power at Washington. Maybe Justin Wilcox out at Cal if they continue to improve.

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head. The established P5 winner that this board covets is a rare breed.

I agree with the post above a G5 is okay as long as it's not a 1-2 year flash in the pan. A guy with a record like Norvell at Memphis or Harsin at Boise - not that I know enough about either to make a real comment on them. Luke Fickell at Cincy sure seems like he could be a good one, and that's a job he can stay at for a few years and be selective. Maybe the timing works out.

Fuck Urban Meyer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If Matt Campbell is the guy we end up with, we are just spinning our wheels. Rhule seems legit, but I’m confident he will end up in the NFL by this time next year. There are plenty of good coaches out there that could would turn this place around, but I have ZERO confidence in our ability to find that guy. That’s literally the only reason I’m all in on the urban Meyer idea. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If Matt Campbell is the guy we end up with, we are just spinning our wheels. Rhule seems legit, but I’m confident he will end up in the NFL by this time next year. There are plenty of good coaches out there that could would turn this place around, but I have ZERO confidence in our ability to find that guy. That’s literally the only reason I’m all in on the urban Meyer idea. 

I think Campbell may be nfl bound someday and I know he’s well thought of but idk he’s had quite a few losses. 

guys like day, Riley, saban, and dabo are pipe dreams

51 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You ready to see Gary Patterson in a burnt orange extra medium dry fit shirt?

I'm not sure his judgment in recruitment of QB's is sufficient for our goals.

There is no obvious slam dunk option out there right now.  That said, let's see what Rhule does the rest of the season.  Finish 10-2 and play within 10 of OU in the CCG (the crooked Bowlsby refs are going to insure OU gets into the playoffs) would be a good enough turnaround job in 2 years to probably convince me that he's the real deal.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

i like harsin.  kyle shanahan would be option #1.  i still like chip kelly but you have to have a staff of recruiting rainmakers --- though not sure why that would never be unexpected at texas.  mario cristobal is dirty as fuck but hes the right kind of dirty.  matt rhule would be good too.

• Like 1

I dont understand all the Rhule talk. You people never learn (strong/herman,etc) and obviously have not actually watched the baylor games this year. They caught so many breaks and have been so lucky this year. Beat rice by 8, Iowa St by 2, Tech by 3 in 2OTs, WVU by 3, and tcu by 6 in 3OTs... Easily could have been 4-6 losses with just a couple lucky bounces not happening for them.

Still probably gonna kick our ass, but he needs to reproduce these results for at minimum 3-4 years before he's earned this hype imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

You're praying that we'll take Scott Frost off of your hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Herman's not the answer then we're in big trouble because I don't know who you would get. A lot of us knew Strong wasn't the guy because he just wasn't a good fit. Herman seemed to be the perfect fit - offensive minded, experience coaching and recruiting in the state and conference, previous ties to the program, etc. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i like harsin.  kyle shanahan would be option #1.  i still like chip kelly but you have to have a staff of recruiting rainmakers --- though not sure why that would never be unexpected at texas.  mario cristobal is dirty as fuck but hes the right kind of dirty.  matt rhule would be good too.

Loved kely but he is getting his ass locked in the pac

59 minutes ago, Beef said:

Kyle Whittingham

Eh. Idk.  Boring offense 

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

You wanna know a dude I'd go after?  Jim Leonhard.  That mfer is a bada

46 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

The Dallas BMDs fucked up the Strong hire.  The Houston BMDs fucked up the Herman hire.  So which BMDs will win the battle to fuck up the next one?  

I think bill deloss and Mack hired charlie