No urban, no saban

closetohumping

41 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Na, Scott is good, just needs time.  Anyone who thought this years was gonna be special was kidding themselves.  

Dabo lost his first bowl game to Bo Pelini, let that sink in for a moment.

Look at how we’re treating Herman and frost has been worse.   Savage we are

also as a degen gambler I watch a lot of Boise st.  Offense is innovative.   He’s doing it with his third string qb right now

Edited by closetohumping

54 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Look at how we’re treating Herman and frost has been worse.   Savage we are

also as a degen gambler I watch a lot of Boise st.  Offense is innovative.   He’s doing it with his third string qb right now

I'm watching them right now, and I gotta say I didn't know their qb was 3rd string, but that's pretty damn impressive if true. 

Regardless, even if we were interested, I highly doubt he would come back. He's at his dream job. Played there, grew up there, coordinating, etc. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuck it, let's go get Dabo. 

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Uh sure.  But why the fuck would he come?

Seriously.  He already built a program up from nothing and now they're in the playoff every year.  Why would he want to start over when there's gonna be a statue of him there someday?

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm watching them right now, and I gotta say I didn't know their qb was 3rd string, but that's pretty damn impressive if true. 

Regardless, even if we were interested, I highly doubt he would come back. He's at his dream job. Played there, grew up there, coordinating, etc. 

I know he’s from there and he loves it.   But he didn’t have a great time here because of Mack and that culture.   But he’s a young guy, like younger than Herman.   We could probably triple his salary. Hang with us for ten years and then buy Boise.  Like I said he left here pissed, but things have changed

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Seriously.  He already built a program up from nothing and now they're in the playoff every year.  Why would he want to start over when there's gonna be a statue of him there someday?

No doubt. We have a better chance at pulling Saban out of Tuscaloosa than we do Dabo from Clemson.

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I know he’s from there and he loves it.   But he didn’t have a great time here because of Mack and that culture.   But he’s a young guy, like younger than Herman.   We could probably triple his salary. Hang with us for ten years and then buy Boise.  Like I said he left here pissed, but things have changed

No.more.G5.coaches. 

Harsin lost to BYU this year and they are horrible. No thank you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuck it, let's go get Dabo. 

Easily could have hired him when we hired Strong. Didn't even consider him though. Settled for the guy who struggled to score more than 30 or win by more than one score every Thursday night with Teddy Bridgewater at QB facing a Pop Warner schedule. Such a fucking shame. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

Luke Fickell

He is a guy I'd be legit interested in despite the anti G5 frevor onh this board. He isn't a one hit wonder like Herman or Strong. 11 wins last year, only losses to an 8 win Temple team (OT on the road) and unbeaten UCF.

Currently sitting at 9-1, only loss to a juggernaut Ohio State team which isn't much of a red flag at Cincinnati.

He does seem to be an Ohio lifer though. Seeing as Ohio State might not be opening up for a while he may be willing to look elsewhere, though if Ohio State ever came calling it seems like he might bolt. Unfortunately, Herman is going to be here for a couple more years, in which time Fickell will likely move up to a P5.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Easily could have hired him when we hired Strong. Didn't even consider him though. Settled for the guy who struggled to score more than 30 or win by more than one score every Thursday night with Teddy Bridgewater at QB facing a Pop Warner schedule. Such a fucking shame. 

I remember most 9.95ers thinking he wasn’t good enough.     Charlie was the worst choice. 

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

God damnit. Don't make me sad today. The list of who we could have had is depressing. 

6 hours ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

Agree. Unpopular opinion, we will be stuck in mediocrity as long as we are hitched to this shitass conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No we are what we are because we have and had millionaire loser coaches, that squander talent and hire suck up assistants who also are losers.