Kaepernick seems more interested in playing head games than NFL games

clapclapclap

He's such a dumbass. He'd have gotten much more martyr mileage out of actually showing up and performing halfway decently (which is all a backup QB needs to do) and then letting his supporters scream in outrage when he doesn't get an offer. Instead he pisses off the NFL execs and a bunch of team reps.

It's like the guy who wants to fight and names a place but never shows up. The challenged can tell everyone "Hey, I was there, but he chickened out. He had his chance and blew it."

Hopefully anyone who still thinks he's being kept down will start realizing that regardless of whether it was just smoke and mirrors, he's gotta show up like he's expecting it to be serious so he can at least claim he did what they asked and they're still screwing him. Now when he bitches we can say, "You got your chance and you screwed it up. Bye."

• Like 1

In the misleading AF headline Department. we get this gem from ESPN:

"Reid: Kap accomplished goal, Proved he can play"

So immediately the thought is that an established QB guru like Andy Reid is endorsing what Kap did...  Nope it was just Kap's little shadow.  As if his opinion fucking matters...or would be objective.

So the NFL gig was hatched to make Kaepernick look bad, and was really just a waste of his time. As a result he makes himself look bad by moving the workout, and wasting even more of his own time. Why not just tell the NFL to fuck off and then go have lunch with NIKE. Planned or not, the dude and his crew turned it into a stunt.

As for some of that workout footage. A lot of those throws looked like easy pick sixes with the lack of velocity.

Why is this guy not already playing for my Cowboys?

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's funny how certain things(aka being a grifty SOB) are A-OK for some people to do but not for others. Wonder what those qualifications might be.

What?  This entire site has like 1 total rule...no political talk outside the cloakroom (that's the "Politics - Enter at your own risk" board, in case you don't know the reference from TOS).  It isn't that hard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

What?  This entire site has like 1 total rule...no political talk outside the cloakroom (that's the "Politics - Enter at your own risk" board, in case you don't know the reference from TOS).  It isn't that hard.

Sorry, but that doesn't give y'all a free pass to be completely full of shit and not get called on it.

Also, for this site having a bunch of non-NFL watchers, there sure are a lot of opinions about this subject.

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sorry, but that doesn't give y'all a free pass to be completely full of shit and not get called on it.

Also, for this site having a bunch of non-NFL watchers, there sure are a lot of opinions about this subject.

Piss off.  It's a social media site, that gives everyone the right to sound off any way they like within the rules, and you don't have to be an NFL watcher (as you call, it) to see what Kap is doing is total BS.  We're all free to be full of shit, you're a perfect example of that.

The operative word here is opinion, and the informed opinion is he's a has-been whose trying to keep an issue alive with a 2 minute drill (one of those NFL watcher terms) long after his 15 minutes has passed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I can’t tell if you’re dumb or just confused.  Feel free to argue those points all you want.  But you quoted a post by @Tex Pete telling someone who made a blatantly political post to take the political talk to the politics board...which is pretty much the only rule this place has.  Why are you having trouble with that?  I only know of one other poster who consistently can’t figure that out, and he’s the worst poster on this board.  This ain’t rocket surgery.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I can’t tell if you’re dumb or just confused.  Feel free to argue those points all you want.  But you quoted a post by @Tex Pete telling someone who made a blatantly political post to take the political talk to the politics board...which is pretty much the only rule this place has.  Why are you having trouble with that?  I only know of one other poster who consistently can’t figure that out, and he’s the worst poster on this board.  This ain’t rocket surgery.

How is this entire subject not completely political? 

How do you people not realize that politics and sports are intertwined?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 9

If you really believe that, you answered my question.  You’re just dumb.

This is about a former player who tried to act like he wanted to get back in the NFL, then shit all over it when given the opportunity.

Because he’s out of a job because he sucks at football. Is he the worst ever? No.  But he’s apparently too much of liability to have a job. Where are the crusaders for Johnny Football and Tim Tebow?  They make up the rest of the suck too much to be worth their bullshit QB trifecta.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

They unfortunately are. ESPN has trained you to think that is normal. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

In the misleading AF headline Department. we get this gem from ESPN:

"Reid: Kap accomplished goal, Proved he can play"

So immediately the thought is that an established QB guru like Andy Reid is endorsing what Kap did...  Nope it was just Kap's little shadow.  As if his opinion fucking matters...or would be objective.

Actually, that would be noted QB guru Eric Reid, who has been one of Kape's most vocal supporters. He's a safety in the league.

“The goal of this workout was to show the teams that he can play, that he could throw the ball. He did that,” Reid said. “I think we could use Colin’s help. I think every team in the league could use Colin’s help.”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because he’s out of a job because he sucks at football. Is he the worst ever? No.  But he’s apparently too much of liability to have a job. Where are the crusaders for Johnny Football and Tim Tebow?  They make up the rest of the suck too much to be worth their bullshit QB trifecta.

Correct.  If it were about politics, he wouldn't have been benched a year-and-a-half before he started kneeling.  Or he would have gotten a better offer than a chance to compete for a backup spot against Mark Sanchez the year before.

Dude sucks, Pam.  We are calling out your bullshit.  Not vice-versa.

Edited by JBJ

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

They unfortunately are. ESPN has trained you to think that is normal. 

People talk too much about the politics with Kaep. 

His arm has always been and continues to be better than Tebow and Manziel. The workout shows he would be a capable backup, and could probably even start again at some point after some real world reps. Neither Tebow's nor Manziel's games ever translated well to the pro level.

Whether anyone hires him is a different matter, but he is certainly good enough to make a team. 

28 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

If you really believe that, you answered my question.  You’re just dumb.

This is about a former player who tried to act like he wanted to get back in the NFL, then shit all over it when given the opportunity.

I dont believe for a second that this was a legitimate opportunity. This was the NFL covering their ass so that they could say, in a court room, "look, we did everything we could, we even gave him a tryout".

Just stop.

Edited by Pam Cummings

He’s a career QB with a less than 60% completion rate. 

His accuracy is exactly on par with Tebow and JFF. He needs a team with an offense specifically designed to hide his inaccuracy. That’s the Ravens, Bears and maybe Carolina. That is assuming none of the teams plan to draft a QB next season and tailor the offense to them. 

Kapernick was only effective with a super Bowl defense and a running game that didn’t ask him to throw more than 20 pass attempts a game. Then he would use his running to move the chains on third down. When the D lost a step and the running game as well, he was done. 

I dont believe for a second that this was a legitimate opportunity. This was the NFL covering their ass so that they could say, in a court room, "look, we did everything we could, we even gave him a tryout".

The NFL doesn’t hire QBs. They can’t force a team to give him a tryout or a roster spot. What are you babbling about?

Kapernick and film crew could hold and film a private workout at Polk high each week and invite teams. Nothing is preventing this. What he can’t do was force teams to go watch, the NFL did that for him and his bluff was called. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

It looks to me like the NFL went way out of their way to help him get on a squad. You questioning their motives doesn't really matter. How many other backup-level qb's get the opportunity that Kap just passed up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The NFL doesn’t hire QBs. They can’t force a team to give him a tryout or a roster spot. What are you babbling about?

Kapernick and film crew could hold and film a private workout at Polk high each week and invite teams. Nothing is preventing this. What he can’t do was force teams to go watch, the NFL did that for him and his bluff was called. 

Idk man. Why don't you ask the league, they were the ones who had to settle a lawsuit about it and then give the guy a sham tryout so they don't get sued again.

Just stop.

How about you stop.  You post a response than don't want anyone to respond ? They gave him just abut everything he asked for.  

He wanted rules to be changed from who could film it to where it was held.  it was nothing but a stunt from the get go.

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'll tell you one simple thing, I wouldn't have signed that NFL waiver if I was Kap, either. 

Then you just don't wanna play NFL football then.  His actions on film would determine whether he still had the goods or not, it's pretty simple really.  If an org. thought he could help they'd hire him.  It's a money/talent issue, not a political one.

57 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I have never voted for or against Colin Kaepernick in my life, and I never will. If I am forced to do so, I won't discuss it on this board, because I don't come to this board to think about politics at all. People insist on making every aspect of life a shitshow, and sports should be a respite from that.

Respectfully, go fuck yourself.

• Like 4