Kaepernick seems more interested in playing head games than NFL games

clapclapclap

It doesn't matter.  No one wanted him.  The workout was a stupid part of the settlement because if teams wanted him, they'd do their own workouts anyway.

It probably only ever existed for Kaep to promote shoes and the circus around all this was due to Nike not caring to be there either. Kaep was just scrambling to find an excuse to get some airtime. That's why all the talk centers around camera crews.  Who the fuck cares about cameras if he thought he had a shot to get multi-million dollar job?

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

How do you keep escaping the cloak room? Looks like we need to change the gate code again

Why is it that you whine so hard about the cloak room?

Also, how does you constantly bringing up the cloak room any time someone dares have an opinion that is different than yours not qualify as "CRing" a thread?

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Why is it that you whine so hard about the cloak room?

Also, how does you constantly bringing up the cloak room any time someone dares have an opinion that is different than yours not qualify as "CRing" a thread?

Ummm I don't know, maybe because the cloak room is a cesspool and you and your kind should stay there and leave the grown ups alone? 

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It doesn't matter.  No one wanted him.  The workout was a stupid part of the settlement because if teams wanted him, they'd do their own workouts anyway.

It probably only ever existed for Kaep to promote shoes and the circus around all this was due to Nike not caring to be there either. Kaep was just scrambling to find an excuse to get some airtime. That's why all the talk centers around camera crews.  Who the fuck cares about cameras if he thought he had a shot to get multi-million dollar job?

Well, that and the whole "NFL covering their ass so they dont gey sued again" thing.

5 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Exactly. Nothing stopping him from doing BOTH workouts on Saturday. He just needed to play the victim for the Pam Cummings of the world to keep cashing a NIKE paycheck. His mansion isn’t going to pay for itself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Well, that and the whole "NFL covering their ass so they dont gey sued again" thing.

Huh?  It was part of the settlement.  I'm not sure if you aren't aware of that or just happy to mischaracterize it.  

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sued for what?  It was a publicity stunt. The courts can’t force the NFL to give Kap a roster spot. Do you think the NFL would be dumb enough to put more collusion evidence on paper?  

Kaps team has been pushing the narrative he has worked out everyday for three years. Short notice should have been a non issue, ask Jay Aji

As for the waiver, did he think they would purposely try to injure him?  Or was it you can’t use this opportunity as a stunt to trash us?  

what would garner more good will towards playing?  Showing up to a private workout and ball out, helping show coaches you just want a chance to play and don’t care about the publicity.

Or....making it about a film crew and commercials and then creating your own workout on short notice when you haven’t bothered to do so for the last three years?

He had a chance to prove he really wanted to play football, they called his bluff 

4 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Collin is better than 90-95% of the backups currently in the league. 

Whose skill set is a bad fit for 90% of the teams. It’s a passing league and he flat sucks at it. 

this also densely assumes that there are no other variables for a back up QB. Age (he’s 32), system (career 58%passer), or money (rookie salary vs get min). That doesn’t even get into the distraction a backup QBs brings the team. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Whose skill set is a bad fit for 90% of the teams. It’s a passing league and he flat sucks at it. 

this also densely assumes that there are no other variables for a back up QB. Age (he’s 32), system (career 58%passer), or money (rookie salary vs get min). That doesn’t even get into the distraction a backup QBs brings the team. 

How does that compare to other backups in the league? I can only think of maybe a handful of backups that he wouldn’t be an improvement over. 

26 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have never voted for or against Colin Kaepernick in my life, and I never will. If I am forced to do so, I won't discuss it on this board, because I don't come to this board to think about politics at all. People insist on making every aspect of life a shitshow, and sports should be a respite from that.

Respectfully, go fuck yourself.

If you don't like what i have to say you can put me on ignore.

14 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I mean he was three years ago, but that is a lot of time to be out of football. In the event he does get on a team for next season we will see.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

How does that compare to other backups in the league? I can only think of maybe a handful of backups that he wouldn’t be an improvement over. 

Copper Rush has a 62% collegiate completion rate.  About 9% higher than Kaep's was.  He is making about half of the vet mimimum and less than the vet minimum cap hit.  And he's 8 years younger.

So there is at least one "hope he never plays" back-up that's a better deal.  I don't know what the backups look like across the league, but I'm willing to bet Cooper is in the bottom half.

I supported Kap at first but he's a joke at this point.   As others have said, if he really wanted to play he would have shown up and been a professional about this.    Nobody that would sign him is going to prevent him from protesting but they sure as hell are going to expect that he is serious about football and conducts himself accordingly when it's about football.  Everything about this antics Saturday proves he has zero desire to ever actually play again.   I actually think someone would have taken a flyer on him if we went about this the right way but he made damn sure that didn't happen. 

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I supported Kap at first but he's a joke at this point.   As others have said, if he really wanted to play he would have shown up and been a professional about this.    Nobody that would sign him is going to prevent him from protesting but they sure as hell are going to expect that he is serious about football and conducts himself accordingly when it's about football.  Everything about this antics Saturday proves he has zero desire to ever actually play again.   I actually think someone would have taken a flyer on him if we went about this the right way but he made damn sure that didn't happen. 

I didn't support Kap at first because it came after he read the tea leaves on his starting status and his free agency options.  I felt like he wasn't doing it for the "cause", but rather to deflect attention from the fact that he was sucking as a QB (relatively speaking) and wasn't going to be getting the new contract he thought he was.  

So I felt from the get-go it was a sham protest and not sincere.  I may be wrong, but I still feel that way.  He didn't get "woke" until his career was starting to not look so great.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I’ve never one time, on this site or the old one, seen a single person bring up the cloak room because of a difference of opinion.  It gets brought up because people (like you in this case and I presume other cases given what I’ve seen here) bring up politics outside of the cloak room.  Not one time.  So, you appear to be very confused.  You’re starting to remind me of the female version of junior miller.  And believe me, that’s not a compliment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I dont believe for a second that this was a legitimate opportunity. This was the NFL covering their ass so that they could say, in a court room, "look, we did everything we could, we even gave him a tryout".

Just stop.

They already settled with him. They didn't have to do shit. And Nike wrote him a big ass check to be their woke little symbol of oppression. 

He doesn't want to play. If he did it would simply prove the owners narrative right that he sucks. He sucked for a year before he quit.... You know... When he was benched on a shitty niners team.  

This is his only angle. To play the victim. Because he's a helluva lot better at that than he is at playing professional football. 

He could have raised his issues in a legitimate way. Instead, it was always about him.  And his crazy girlfriend. 

Well, good job. Because you made more money not playing football than you would have made playing it and people are still paying attention to you. Had you simply stuck it out in San Francisco you'd be on a practice squad somewhere and no one would have remembered your name. 

• Like 9

I hope to see Kaepernik and Johnny Manziel go toe to toe on "Celebrity Boxing" soon.  Winner goes on to a featured match with Tonya Harding.

Sorry, but I can't take Kaepernik playing in the NFL seriously anymore, so he is mostly just a convenient butt of any joke anyone would attempt to make.

Edited by Cornfusion
Apology

Right or wrong, I was actually on Kaep's side for the most part throughout this whole ordeal....I thought it was ridiculous that he didn't have a job in the NFL over a lot of the trash ass QBs in the league right now.  I thought he should have had a spot on an NFL roster but after the shit he pulled this weekend, I'll admit I was wrong to ever give him the benefit of the doubt.  The dude is a straight up fraud in every sense and I hope his stupid ass never sniffs an NFL field again.  The NFL bended over backwards to provide NFL teams the cover of scouting him and giving him a chance and did it in a way that they have NEVER done for any other player before, by giving him concession after concession and yielding to his demands.  He gets the chance that he has been whining about for the last 3 years....and not 5 days before when he first found out about it, not 4 days before, etc. etc., but the day of, decides to make a stink and move it to some high school field because the NFL finally refuses to yield to his overgrowing list of demands.  He had exactly what he wanted presented to him, to shut up and show that your committed to being a QB in this league and he showed exactly why no team/owner wants him, because even a damn workout, he will find a way to turn into a giant distraction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 3:18 AM, brojangles2 said:

Is he interested in being a college OC? 😂

That final year of his at Nevada was pretty damn special. He was the QB for the backfield that is the only one to have three 1,000-yard rushers in one season. He was a pretty darn good college QB, in that offense. But the NFL is such a different animal. But I tend to agree with those who say this was more about making some sort of a statement, rather than really wanting to play football.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That final year of his at Nevada was pretty damn special. He was the QB for the backfield that is the only one to have three 1,000-yard rushers in one season. He was a pretty darn good college QB, in that offense. But the NFL is such a different animal. But I tend to agree with those who say this was more about making some sort of a statement, rather than really wanting to play football.

I stand corrected. The year with the 3 1,000-yard rushers was the year before the 13-1 season. They finished 8-5 in 2009. Taua, Kapernick and Lippincott each rushed for over 1,000 yards in 2009.

I scrolled back a couple pages and didn't see this posted;

The issue that led to the impasse was the NFL’s insistence that Kaepernick sign an “unusual” waiver. Kaepernick has reportedly been mulling a collusion lawsuit against the NFL. Contrary to popular belief, Kaepernick has never challenged the NFL in a court of law. While news outlets have called Kaepernick’s previous settlement a “lawsuit,” it was technically an NFL Players Association grievance that was settled through arbitration, as required by the NFLPA union contract.

ProFootballTalk’s Mike Florio, who is also a lawyer, reports:

The three-page, 13-paragraph documents contains several specific provisions that could be relevant to the question of whether the NFL was trying to parlay the waiver into a release of any claims for collusion/retaliation that Kaepernick could make as a result of his ongoing unemployment by the league since settling his first collusion case in February…

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims.

Is he a better QB than Colt? Maybe. Would he be a better Backup QB than Colt? Hell no. Colt shows up for work every day and on time, tries his best, helps his starting QB prepare, and motivates his teammates when he's not playing. Colin sits on his ass on the bench and complains. Who would you rather have?
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

I've never tried heroine. This would do it.

What makes a girl a heroine? I mean does she have to be Wonder Woman or Supergirl?  Or just that fact she’s willing to let me try her makes her a heroine?

Sorry. I hate to be the grammar nazi douchebag. Couldn’t resist. 

• Like 2