Kaepernick seems more interested in playing head games than NFL games

clapclapclap

19 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I’ve never one time, on this site or the old one, seen a single person bring up the cloak room because of a difference of opinion.  It gets brought up because people (like you in this case and I presume other cases given what I’ve seen here) bring up politics outside of the cloak room.  Not one time.  So, you appear to be very confused.  You’re starting to remind me of the female version of junior miller.  And believe me, that’s not a compliment.

18 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Or you can post political bullshit on the politics board and leave the fucking football board alone, you stupid motherfucker.

Idgaf what you fucks think. When i see people being full of shit, i call it out.

Again, if you don't like what i post, you can ignore it and go back to your "fire Tom Herman" read-a-thon. You know what this thread is.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

17 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Kap had more to lose from playing in the NFL than he does playing the victim. 

If he is a basic back up or not good enough, narrative over.  Relevance over.  NIKE contract over.

Your faux outrage because of "muh anthem" gave him that platform, you simple fuck. We could have collectively ignored it but people like you persisted.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Your faux outrage because of "muh anthem" gave him that platform, you simple fuck. We could have collectively ignored it but people like you persisted.

LmAo. Fuck off you self righteous bitch. I don’t give a shit if he wants to stand kneel or squat. It’s his fucking right to do so. And it is the NFL’s right to tell him to fuck off. 

Im offended by his shitty QB play. 

It’s white knights like yourself who want to keep him a victim and getting paid. As you project all over this thread, YOU are the one OUTRAGED that Kap doesn’t have a job and people don’t give a shit about him.  You are the only person in this thread NOT talking about football. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

LmAo. Fuck off you self righteous bitch. I don’t give a shit if he wants to stand kneel or squat. It’s his fucking right to do so. And it is the NFL’s right to tell him to fuck off. 

It’s white knights like yourself who want to keep him a victim and getting paid. 

No you aren't. You idiots think you're clever or something trying to shift to the "he can't play" argument.

You're full of shit. You hate him because he sat for the anthem. Just admit it.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

No you aren't. You idiots think you're clever or something trying to shift to the "he can't play" argument.

If he could add to a teams success he'd be on a roster.  These owners aren't political ideologues, they're blatant capitalists.  The NFL isn't keeping him off a roster.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s white knights like yourself who want to keep him a victim and getting paid. As you project all over this thread, YOU are the one OUTRAGED that Kap doesn’t have a job and people don’t give a shit about him.  You are the only person in this thread NOT talking about football. 

There’s no evidence to support the assertion that he’s a shitty QB. The most sophisticated projections I am aware of have him being around league average.  

Odd that you take such a hard stance based off nothing...unless something else is motivating your opinion, but that couldn’t be it, could it?

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

There’s no evidence to support the assertion that he’s a shitty QB. The most sophisticated projections I am aware of have him being around league average.  

Odd that you take such a hard stance based off nothing...unless something else is motivating your opinion, but that couldn’t be it, could it?

Eric Reid tweets?

Even if true and it's HIGHLY in question;  if he's 'around the league average' for backups,  why would anyone in their right mind take on the baggage?  You're not improving your team and you're begging for headaches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

He's not shitty, but he for damn sure isn't better than 90% of the back ups (after being out of the league for 3 seasons). He has issues with his completion rate, when his legs can't get the yards.  

I don't think NFL teams want backups with weak completion rates, who have to rely on their legs (and not get injured because they have to run) when their starting QB is already on the sidelines.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Many other players sat for the anthem.  They're still in the league. They're still playing.  I wonder why? 

NFL will take and use anyone they deem useful.  Plenty of knuckleheads, criminals and ne'er do wells plying their trade because they can contribute.  Kap is not in that group and his "offense" was mild, non-criminal and abhorrent only to those looking to be offended. 

Maybe Kap is just not that good.  He's probably  not "bad" at this point in his career but there are plenty of other Qbs with similar skills that can be used and also have less baggage.  

Kap's ship has sailed.  Time to move on.  Life comes at us all, bitter clingers included. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Eric Reid tweets?

Even if true and it's HIGHLY in question;  if he's 'around the league average' for backups,  why would anyone in their right mind take on the baggage?  You're not improving your team and you're begging for headaches.

No, and this is league average for all QBs, not backups.  How many teams have a league average QB as a backup?  How many teams have a league average QB, period?

48 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

My hard stance is he tanked the tryout (IMO) and NFL can’t force anyone to hire him or try him out.

As for football, he was an average QB 3 years ago. He is a career sub 60% passer, has only throw for 20TDs once while only averaging 24.5 pass attempts per game at 7yrds a pass attempt. 

Average or below is right. If it’s about wins, what about VY?  There are tons average of QBs who don’t come with the baggage, and that’s fair. 

49090364522_16033296ea_b.jpg

He has the right to do as he pleases as does the NFL. 

15 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Many other players sat for the anthem.  They're still in the league. They're still playing.  I wonder why? 

NFL will take and use anyone they deem useful.  Plenty of knuckleheads, criminals and ne'er do wells plying their trade because they can contribute.  Kap is not in that group and his "offense" was mild, non-criminal and abhorrent only to those looking to be offended. 

Maybe Kap is just not that good.  He's probably  not "bad" at this point in his career but there are plenty of other Qbs with similar skills that can be used and also have less baggage.  

Kap's ship has sailed.  Time to move on.  Life comes at us all, bitter clingers included. 

Spot on.  He probably is an average to above average backup QB for the NFL if pure skill was the only factor.  But it isn't.  And it never has been.  And it never should be.  In any job in America.  If he were better, he'd have a longer leash and owners would probably be willing to overlook some of his off the field distractions.  If he were worse, he'd have an even shorter one and nobody would even still be talking about him at all.  Welcome to the real world, not just in the NFL, but in life.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Idgaf what you fucks think. When i see people being full of shit, i call it out.

Again, if you don't like what i post, you can ignore it and go back to your "fire Tom Herman" read-a-thon. You know what this thread is.

So you're just one of those who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to you?  Got it.  I have a feeling that mentality extends far beyond this website.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Only J Winston and B Mayfield has a sub 60% completion rate in the top 25 NFL QBs. Seems to be some correlation. 

49090223691_fcb7116f16_b.jpg49090223701_7d80b835f8_b.jpg49090428087_ce513858df_b.jpg

A QB's primary job is to max out EPA/play.  Everything else being equal, a higher completion percentage is obviously preferable, but it is only one small part of the overall picture.  

38 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

A QB's primary job is to max out EPA/play.  Everything else being equal, a higher completion percentage is obviously preferable, but it is only one small part of the overall picture.  

It’s much more important when you only attempt 24 throws a game at a 7yrd per attempt average. It speaks to your limitations as an NFL passer

The lowest attempts per game this season are Minnesota and Baltimore at 29/gm. They both have outstanding running games. 

Kap has a narrow skill set as a QB

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

• Like 1

Kap is now Karen from Accounting who is decent at her job, but constantly brings drama to the office.

No Karen, we are not concerned that the cupcakes someone left in the breakroom are not vegan. 

No Karen, we don't care that someone said "Happy Holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas". 

No Karen, we don't want to hear about how your kid is not the starting catcher for the team because of politics. 

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Kap is now Karen from Accounting who is decent at her job, but constantly brings drama to the office.

No Karen, we are not concerned that the cupcakes someone left in the breakroom are not vegan. 

No Karen, we don't care that someone said "Happy Holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas". 

No Karen, we don't want to hear about how your kid is not the starting catcher for the team because of politics. 

Yes, let's compare the wholesale slaughter of African Americans by police to someone leaving non-vegan cupcakes in the breakroom.  This certainly isn't a breathtakingly stupid and offensive comparison.  

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s much more important when you only attempt 24 throws a game at a 7yrd per attempt average. It speaks to your limitations as an NFL passer

The lowest attempts per game this season are Minnesota and Baltimore at 29/gm. They both have outstanding running games. 

Kap has a narrow skill set as a QB

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

You've gone from harping about one stat of limited utility to harping about another stat with even less utility while ignoring the holistic measure of value that QBs bring to the game with their talent as a passer.  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 1

If we're going to bring up stats and talk about the "whole picture" of his play, then let's bring up who his receivers were in 2015/2016. Top 2 receivers (by receptions).

2015 (Kap started 8 games, Gabbert started 8 games): A 35-year old Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. Smith was 2 years past his prime 2013 season, and never recorded more than 500 yards after this season, with 3 different teams.

2016 (where Kap started 11 games): Jeremy Curley and Quinton Patton. Curley would be out of the league 2 years later, never to be a Top 2 receiver again. Patton would never record another stat again, ever. Not sure if he retired or just hit the bench.

I'm just bringing up stats for arguments' sake, because I hate when people act like he was shitty. I think it's a weak argument and uninformed. However, I actually can agree with the fact that maybe a few GMs actually think he's a league-average QB, and probably worth starting over a few starters right now, but I don't blame them for one second in not wanting the headache and/or distraction. He can be a backup-worthy QB and still not be worth the headache, I understand that.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

You've gone from harping about one stat of limited utility to harping about another stat with even less utility while ignoring the holistic measure of value that QBs bring to the game with their talent as a passer.  

Here's some actual evaluations:

29. COLIN KAEPERNICK, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

2016 overall grade: 52.2

Kaepernick has performed at a slightly better level than last year, still not instilling confidence that he’s back on track to be a long-term starter in the league. He ranks 33rd in adjusted completion percentage at 68.1 percent and his 92.6 passer rating from a clean pocket ranks 29th in the league.

33. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers,

Aside from a strong game against Pittsburgh in Week 2, not much went right for Kaepernick, who finished 35th in accuracy percentage and graded out poorly against pressure.

Edited by JBJ

Yes, let's compare the wholesale slaughter of African Americans by police to someone leaving non-vegan cupcakes in the breakroom.  This certainly isn't a breathtakingly stupid and offensive comparison.  

He's not making a statement about the validity or importance of the cause either represents, only on the impact a presence like this has on org culture.

Whether you agree with his cause or not, taking on Kap means taking on the cause at this point. It's quite possible his perceived value to these orgs isn't enough to justify bringing that variable into your locker room.

• Like 1

It's all very simple really.  Kap is good enough to be a starter in the NFL, or at least he was 3 years ago when he opted out of his contract.  He was not good enough to be a starter on a playoff contender.  That means that his baggage comes into play a lot more.  No team wants a QB who can't lead them to the playoffs when that QB will cause protests by their fans/media.  It's just not worth the extra headaches for a guy who won't win you games.  If Kap was as good as Brady, Malholmes, Rodgers, Jackson or Wilson then he would have a job right now despite his baggage.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, txhorns said:

It's all very simple really.  Kap is good enough to be a starter in the NFL, or at least he was 3 years ago when he opted out of his contract.  He was not good enough to be a starter on a playoff contender.  That means that his baggage comes into play a lot more.  No team wants a QB who can't lead them to the playoffs when that QB will cause protests by their fans/media.  It's just not worth the extra headaches for a guy who won't win you games.  If Kap was as good as Brady, Malholmes, Rodgers, Jackson or Wilson then he would have a job right now despite his baggage.

He'd be called colorful, and a man of wisdom, and compassion.  Hell, he could let fungus grow on his shower shoes.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

3 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Dude wore a Kunta Kinte shirt to his interview.  What NFL owner wants to voluntarily sign up to become his slave master?  Thanks, Kap, but I'm good.

but he takes checks from Nike, which pays 9 year kids a dollar a year to make $150 shoes for them. those are his principles...if you don't like them, he has others  

• Like 5

Of course this thread was going to turn into a giant shitshow filled with simpleton morons all emotionally angered by some random black football player deciding to protest during the meaningless fucking bullshit song like four fucking years ago. 

Seems pretty obvious both the NFL and Kaepernick are being disingenuous cunts at this point, and I don't know why any of you fucking morons give a shit anymore. It was years ago get the fuck over it already. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Of course this thread was going to turn into a giant shitshow filled with simpleton morons all emotionally angered by some random black football player deciding to protest during the meaningless fucking bullshit song like four fucking years ago. 

Seems pretty obvious both the NFL and Kaepernick are being disingenuous cunts at this point, and I don't know why any of you fucking morons give a shit anymore. It was years ago get the fuck over it already. 

Yet you felt strongly enough about it to come here, and blast people discussing it ?  How smug do your farts smell ?

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Even though I haven’t posted much over the last year since the first invites came out here it definitely appears most of the cloak room/whatever it’s called now are still as dumb as they have always been.

It's become such an infested, echo-chamber in the CR those fuck-waffles are spilling out into every other thread and shitting on everything they touch....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Go back to the cloak room with your talking points

• Like 2