Since 2008, this team is mentally incapable of coming from behind

AUS-97HORN

So I looked up these stats myself, so I fully admit that I might have missed a game or 2 here or there that qualifies.

But since Texas beat Oklahoma State in Nov 2007,  there have been at least 47 games where Texas fell behind by 13 points or more in the game.   

We can all agree that being down 13 points is not an insurmountable lead, right?   and I mean 13 points at ANY point in the game.   Hell oklahoma overcame 20+ today alone.

But 13 points is, and has been, completely insurmountable for this team for more than a decade.

in those 47 games, we have won the game ONCE-   last weeks game against K state.

Heres the real stat though,  in those 47 games,  we have either tied, and/or re-taken the lead after having been down by 13+ in the game on NINE occasions.   

So when we have the score that overcomes and/or ties the deficit.... we then immediately start celebrating as a team in the middle of the fucking game and manage to lose the damn game because we dont fucking finish.   

what were those 9 games that we overcame the deficit?

Tech 2008

WV 2012

Tx Tech again in 2015,

and I am including the 2015 Cal game in this, because we fucking came back from 21 down until Nick fucking Rose blanked the GD extra point. technically shouldnt be part of this list because we never actually tied them, But its part of the list GD it.. 

2017  OU game. 

2018 was a two-fer,   Maryland and  Big 12 OU are both games we came 13+ back from and took the lead (Maryland), and tied ( ou) 

2019,  also 2 games, Kstate and Istate.   win 1 lose the other.

in all but 3 of those 9 "comeback" games, we have given up a score on the VERY NEXT DRIVE after we tied/took the lead.  the 3 games we didnt give up the hard re-won lead on the very next drive were Cal (because they ran out the clock), Kstate last week  and Iowa State today  

And on close to 33% of the remaining 39 games we got the deficit down to a single possession, but were never actually able to tie or take the actual  lead.  too numerous to list here. 

Not being able to overcome a basic 2 possession adversity for more than a fucking decade is proof this is a mentally weak program.    Happened to Mack twice, Charlie twice (sorta), and 5 FUCKING times with Herman at the controls

Edited by AUS-97HORN