"W-we can't hire Urban! We're Texas!"

TXs

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

WTF?  This is not LSU.  Football exists as a part of the university, not the other way around.

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao! You are fucking delusional. NCAA Football at this level is a huge money making sport. It is its own entity and business. This isn't high school and this isn't some feel good intramural league. Look at the salaries these coaches make and then tell me it is just apart of the school. 

Go back and re-read what Beau wrote ya dummy.

This just hurts my soul to look at, and I’m willing to sell my soul to the devil if it guarantees that I don’t get another 5-10 years of this. Urban guarantees that. I don’t want to go to hell. I wish it didn’t have to be this way. But I’d rather win and go to hell than continue to be the biggest joke in college football. Because that’s what we are. We are the running joke in college football right now because of how little it makes sense to anyone. Never had any type of NCAA sanctions, never had another instate school take over and steal our recruits. There isn’t a single person that can make sense of any of this. We’ve turned into Texas Tech.

Actually meant to post this in the other urban Meyer thread. But still. It applies.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Texas has no where near the success of Notre Dame, yet ND is twice the school Texas is. I mean ND is better morally, academically, and better in football.  Florida is a better school than UT, and still has had success in football. You're middle tier in academics, and middle tier in football. nothing special at all. garbage colors. worse logo (a fucking cow?)

• Fuck You 24

5 minutes ago, John Smith2 said:

Texas has no where near the success of Notre Dame, yet ND is twice the school Texas is. I mean ND is better morally, academically, and better in football.  Florida is a better school than UT, and still has had success in football. You're middle tier in academics, and middle tier in football. nothing special at all. garbage colors. worse logo (a fucking cow?)

John, why are you so Surly tonight? 

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Anything tied to a religion that has covered up priests diddling little boys for decades has no claim of moral superiority. 

ND isn't better morally regardless of its religious affiliation. Holtz and others were no paragons of virute nor is their school admin. They're just pious assholes who pretend they have moral high ground due to being a private catholic university and have some degree of academic standards.

19 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Peterson, Patterson, Cristobal, Rhule, Fleck, Day? This idea that we have to hire a scumbag in order to win is the dumbest shit ever

As another poster said, LOL at Christobal, although if paying players is the extent of a guy's filth I'd take it. 

Gary Patterson might to retire from his head coaching position so he can go pro at beating women. Take that guy off your list. 

21 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Peterson, Patterson, Cristobal, Rhule, Fleck, Day? This idea that we have to hire a scumbag in order to win is the dumbest shit ever

Adrian Peterson is a coach now? Mario Cristobal isn't leaving Oregon where he has the best facilities in the country and Phil Knight's money to throw at players. Ryan Day isn't leaving Ohio St for Texas, are you fucking nuts?

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Ryan Day worked under Urban Meyer he’s a non-starter!!!!!! /sarcasm

Haha, yeah it's ironic that he doesn't want Urban.........but he's okay with Urban's successor that worked underneath Urban for several years.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

As another poster said, LOL at Christobal, although if paying players is the extent of a guy's filth I'd take it. 

Gary Patterson might to retire from his head coaching position so he can go pro at beating women. Take that guy off your list. 

Also didn't TCU football pretty much had a drug ring in Ft. Worth a few years back?? Not sure where this idea of they are clean comes from

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:30 PM, TexasBuckeye said:

The only reason Urban went to Ohio State is because that was his home state and he had a lot of experience there. He will never coach again anywhere. He quite his last two jobs at UF and tOSU because of "health issues", the stress of the job wore him down. Before anyone criticizes him on this, how many of us could handle the stress of head coach of one of these major programs. 

Hell I know I couldn't handle it, hell the stress from just watching the games is about to kill me..

Seriously though, my doctor has advised me not to, as there have been 3 instances this year where I nearly went to the hospital.  Heart problems suck.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:37 PM, John Smith2 said:

Even to the extent this is true...so what? And our logo is great. I mean most schools just have the initials of the school, how creative.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:37 PM, John Smith2 said:

Your shit is so weak you can't even drum up a crowdsource.  Pity neg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Adrian Peterson is a coach now? Mario Cristobal isn't leaving Oregon where he has the best facilities in the country and Phil Knight's money to throw at players. Ryan Day isn't leaving Ohio St for Texas, are you fucking nuts?

You completely missed the point bud. These are all coaches who are winning without being scumbags. Never said anything about them coaching at Texas. It’s silly to think our only option is to hire a dirtbag to win.

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hell I know I couldn't handle it, hell the stress from just watching the games is about to kill me..

Seriously though, my doctor has advised me not to, as there have been 3 instances this year where I nearly went to the hospital.  Heart problems suck.

Do what i did last year.  Go Full Parcells.  I don't stand and pace for most games.  Only drink during night games.  When therm pisses you off, turn the tv off for 10 minutes.  By now you know you're not missing anything.

We start 0-12 until proven otherwise.  Don't buy in ever evar again.

It's the opposite of densa's "i don't know who we're playing/played" bullshit.  Rather than suffer the bullshit, let the shit flow through you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I hope Texas hires Urbs, so SC doesn't.

Sorry.  We always have a way of fucking up the timing of when we finally decide we're ready to move on from a coach.  We can't ever be rushed into cutting bait on a clearly failed path just because our savior is available in a limited window of opportunity.  And by we I  mean not we, but rather the fuckers in Belmont.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

This just hurts my soul to look at, and I’m willing to sell my soul to the devil if it guarantees that I don’t get another 5-10 years of this. Urban guarantees that. I don’t want to go to hell. I wish it didn’t have to be this way. But I’d rather win and go to hell than continue to be the biggest joke in college football. Because that’s what we are. We are the running joke in college football right now because of how little it makes sense to anyone. Never had any type of NCAA sanctions, never had another instate school take over and steal our recruits. There isn’t a single person that can make sense of any of this. We’ve turned into Texas Tech.

Actually meant to post this in the other urban Meyer thread. But still. It applies.

See that’s just the thing.  Getting Urban or anyone else for that matter doesn’t guarantee shit.  

7 hours ago, rantanamo said:

Lol, y'all don't know how any of those programs are run. It's college football. Assume they are all dirty to some degree

Shit.  We probably are too.  I have no illusions about it.  Equal playing field or not, whatever we are doing, we are doing it wrong.  We are making a shitload of money, but not doing much on the field.  Out of the top 10 revenue teams, only aggy generates a worse on the field product and even that is arguable.  They actually play some exciting football sometimes.  We are probably even objectively worse than them over the last several years.

There's really no reason for LSU or OU to ever be better than Texas at football.  Alabama either.  Those are all small states.  Most high school athletes are state proud.  Texas has a shitload more of them than any of those states.  We have proud Texans that go and play football for the University of Oklahoma.  Then they go pro and they still consider themselves Texans and never consider themselves Okies.  It should be relatively easy to capture enough of them to beat OU 9 times out of 10.  But we don't and that's an institutional problem.  OU isn't cheating at some astronomical level more than us.  Those recruits simply have eyes.  We can't coach for shit.  We can't hire a coach that can coach for shit.  There has to be something else at play.  Herman wasn't this bad elsewhere.  Neither was Strong for that matter.

10 minutes ago, Apex73 said:

See that’s just the thing.  Getting Urban or anyone else for that matter doesn’t guarantee shit.  

Urban is one of the 10 or 20 best college coaches ever IMO. Everything from a top tier recruiter, talent evaluator who gets the most out of his talent, the ability to identity assistant coaching talent, game day coach. The list goes on. His only flaws are off the field. He’s the total package. Him and Saban are the only reason the SEC has the current reputation that it has. They carried that conference for a while. 

And you’re right. Nobody can guarantee anything. But out of EVERY available coach that I think would actually take the job it offered, he’s the closest thing to a guarantee IMO. He’s done it time and time again, and he’s done it at a program like Ohio State who might be one of the only programs in college football history who legitimately has higher expectations than us. I’m willing to sell my soul for that.

• Like 3

You’re not that old, right? My dr put me on a BP medicine so this hits close to home.

Urban is one of the 10 or 20 best college coaches ever IMO. Everything from a top tier recruiter, talent evaluator who gets the most out of his talent, the ability to identity assistant coaching talent, game day coach. The list goes on. His only flaws are off the field. He’s the total package. Him and Saban are the only reason the SEC has the current reputation that it has. They carried that conference for a while. 

And you’re right. Nobody can guarantee anything. But out of EVERY available coach that I think would actually take the job it offered, he’s the closest thing to a guarantee IMO. He’s done it time and time again, and he’s done it at a program like Ohio State who might be one of the only programs in college football history who legitimately has higher expectations than us. I’m willing to sell my soul for that.

You could argue he’s a top 10 coach of all time given his entire resume. Dude churns our wins.

Head coaches all time by winning %

72d54b987706989fb916146e152d29ea.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

But I’d rather win and go to hell than continue to be the biggest joke in college football.

Religious bullshit aside, seek help, immediately. If what a bunch of young men do on a football field has that big of an impact on your life, you’re fucked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

You could argue he’s a top 10 coach of all time given his entire resume. Dude churns our wins.

Head coaches all time by winning %

72d54b987706989fb916146e152d29ea.jpg

OU with three fucking coaches on the list makes me ragey.....about to be a 4th if Riley sticks around.  Urban may or may not be the answer, but JFC it's about identifying coaching talent.  Something this program hasn't been able to do since DKR.  Who was himself responsible for us not fucking that chicken once more and going after Gary Barnett by stepping in and vetoing that nonsense and picking Mack.  

The schools help facilitate this off-field nonsense as well.  They enable it by saying and doing nothing.  When we were winning, we had year after year or drug related stupidity, arrests, larceny, etc.  And that's the shit you heard about....so much more happens behind the curtain that never makes the front page.  I remember clearly back in the early 90's when I was in Austin all the shit that got swept under the rug from players beating people up.  Causing trouble.  Etc.  

I'm not saying Urban is the answer - but let's be real about this.  It's a business.  And we've fell behind for far too long and something has to change.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Religious bullshit aside, seek help, immediately. If what a bunch of young men do on a football field has that big of an impact on your life, you’re fucked.

On that same note, we are projecting our own moral and ethical platitudes onto the program to the point that it can't succeed in the arena that it plays in.  Not saying anything about Urban. More addressing the moral and ethical expectations of our fans vs what college football actually is.  We can win, but it's gonna be at the rate we've won the last 30 years when we find a coach that meets all of our criteria including being liked enough by the big donors enough to be morally a little more loose behind the scenes.  Not advocating we go full on dirtbag, rather saying, lower your expectations and the notion that we are a football school if you can't stomach actually playing the game some.

Edited by rantanamo

8 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

On that same note, we are projecting our own moral and ethical platitudes onto the program to the point that it can't succeed in the arena that it plays in.  Not saying anything about Urban. More addressing the moral and ethical expectations of our fans vs what college football actually is.  We can win, but it's gonna be at the rate we've won the last 30 years when we find a coach that meets all of our criteria including being liked enough by the big donors enough to be morally a little more loose behind the scenes.  Not advocating we go full on dirtbag, rather saying, lower your expectations and the notion that we are a football school if you can't stomach actually playing the game some.

I doubt too many people would be upset with the Clemson route of success. Paying players and doping aren’t on the same fork off the path of righteousness as covering up domestic violence, rape, and murder.

• Like 1

OU with three fucking coaches on the list makes me ragey.....about to be a 4th if Riley sticks around.  Urban may or may not be the answer, but JFC it's about identifying coaching talent.  Something this program hasn't been able to do since DKR.  Who was himself responsible for us not fucking that chicken once more and going after Gary Barnett by stepping in and vetoing that nonsense and picking Mack.  
The schools help facilitate this off-field nonsense as well.  They enable it by saying and doing nothing.  When we were winning, we had year after year or drug related stupidity, arrests, larceny, etc.  And that's the shit you heard about....so much more happens behind the curtain that never makes the front page.  I remember clearly back in the early 90's when I was in Austin all the shit that got swept under the rug from players beating people up.  Causing trouble.  Etc.  
I'm not saying Urban is the answer - but let's be real about this.  It's a business.  And we've fell behind for far too long and something has to change.  

What’s crazy is Wilkinson, Switzer, Stoops, and Riley we’re all coordinators/assistants before becoming ousux HC’s.

But for some reason we think we have to hire HC’s with HC experience.

But in reality it boils down to finding the best coach you can whether he be a coordinator or HC elsewhere.

We suck at that and essentially impulse shop something that catches our eye.

1 minute ago, Bevo VIII said:

What’s crazy is Wilkinson, Switzer, Stoops, and Riley we’re all coordinators/assistants before becoming ousux HC’s.

But for some reason we think we have to hire HC’s with HC experience.

But in reality it boils down to finding the best coach you can whether he be a coordinator or HC elsewhere.

We suck at that and essentially impulse shop something that catches our eye.

OU identified, then developed and groomed a line of succession.  Use the OL analogy.  They were'r forced to throw in new, unproven players into the lineup.  They had a bench of talent that was allowed to grow and develop up through the system.  

3 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

You’re not that old, right? My dr put me on a BP medicine so this hits close to home.

About to turn 63, chronic heart failure, heart attack, high (but controlled?) blood pressure, atrial fibrillation... fun fun fun fun

Edited by SHOOTER12