"W-we can't hire Urban! We're Texas!"

TXs

1 hour ago, rantanamo said:

On that same note, we are projecting our own moral and ethical platitudes onto the program to the point that it can't succeed in the arena that it plays in.  Not saying anything about Urban. More addressing the moral and ethical expectations of our fans vs what college football actually is.  We can win, but it's gonna be at the rate we've won the last 30 years when we find a coach that meets all of our criteria including being liked enough by the big donors enough to be morally a little more loose behind the scenes.  Not advocating we go full on dirtbag, rather saying, lower your expectations and the notion that we are a football school if you can't stomach actually playing the game some.

I'm pretty sure our BMDs have been and will continue to be "loose behind the scenes" without it getting back to anyone, including DKR in the past. I'm sure Mensa isn't scrutinizing what goes on outside his purview too closely. Or does he strike you as morally upstanding in an evangelical way? I think not.

The difference between us and the brazenly stupid (see SMU, aggy, USC, et al) is our alums know how to keep their mouths shut and not get too bold with hand-outs. Our 'croots get nice used cars purchased by their aunt or uncle. No, I have no "proof" this happens at UT or anywhere else the NCAA hasn't cracked down. It's just my conjecture. 

But, maybe we should go all-in like USC purchasing Reggie Bush's parents a house or Bama doing the same while finding Tua Tagovailoa's parents gainful "employment" in Tuscaloosa. Right, @closetojumping ?

The NCAA doesn't want to bust anyone these days. Why kill the golden goose?

Edited by DFW Horn

15 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'm pretty sure our BMDs have been and will continue to be "loose behind the scenes" without it getting back to anyone, including DKR in the past. I'm sure Mensa isn't scrutinizing what goes on outside his purview too closely. Or does he strike you as morally upstanding in an evangelical way? I think not.

The difference between us and the brazenly stupid (see SMU, aggy, USC, et al) is our alums know how to keep their mouths shut and not get too bold with hand-outs. Our 'croots get nice used cars purchased by their aunt or uncle. No, I have no "proof" this happens at UT or anywhere else the NCAA hasn't cracked down. It's just my conjecture. 

But, maybe we should go all-in like USC purchasing Reggie Bush's parents a house or Bama doing the same while finding Tua Tagovailoa's parents gainful "employment" in Tuscaloosa. Right, @closetojumping ?

The NCAA doesn't want to bust anyone these days. Why kill the golden goose?

USC didn't buy Reggie Bush a house, an agent did. Just to be clear. 

On 11/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Disco Missile said:

The short answer is that all of those coaches get away with things at their schools they 95% chance wouldn't get away with at Texas, either because Texas wouldn't allow it or because our neighbors would expose us in a New York minute.

Things like:
- legally gray area PEDs, because the NCAA testing program is a joke
- letting boosters have 'access'
- turning a blind eye to payments to player/recruit families
- player/recruit families getting hooked up
- turning a blind eye to player misconduct and off the field issues, including violent crimes and assaults
- letting recruit's 'uncles' have a hand in the recruiting process.

That's not an exhaustive list of things or schools or coaches. It's just shit we don't do that others do.

Just curious......  Do you need a tube to blow smoke up your own ass, or do your lips reach that far?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, TXs said:

And we wonder why we can't get back to prominence. We've never been squeaky clean ever when we've been at the top. If you want to win you've got to play the game and hire cold hitting pipe hitters. Fuck you dorks that want to be Michigan - go cheer for them. 

It's like the old codgers I came across in The Ex-Students Association and in the stands at DKR that so often scoffed that they didn't want Saban at Texas because of the same BS reasons. Seems they wanted this shitshow instead than being on the top again.... They want us lost in the wilderness of mediocrity for decades (Belmont seems to be working on it!) with their smug sense of self-satisfaction (orgasm?) that, "Yes, we may suck for a long time, but at least I helped stop that sonofabitch Saban from coming to Texas!" These "mental giants" are like the tenured-tools in the UT faculty that endlessly advocate for Texas to drop football forever!

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

It's like the old codgers I came across in The Ex-Students Association and in the stands at DKR that so often scoffed that they didn't want Saban at Texas because of the same BS reasons. Seems they wanted this shitshow instead than being on the top again.... They want us lost in the wilderness of mediocrity for decades (Belmont seems to be working on it!) with their smug sense of self-satisfaction (orgasm?) that, "Yes, we may suck for a long time, but at least I helped stop that sonofabitch Saban from coming to Texas!" These "mental giants" are like the tenured-tools in the UT faculty that endlessly advocate for Texas to drop football forever!

I don't believe you.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

Fuck off asshole.  

• Fuck You 1