Last Jedi Was So Bad I Only Saw It Twice

Eskimohorn

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

They are going to completely destroy this property within the next 10 years.

Mission accomplished.  This franchise is done.  The prequels made the franchise a joke.  The sequels have dug the hole even deeper.  I grew up obsessed with Star Wars, but now I’m at the point where I don’t even give a shit about the next movie and probably won’t even see it.  They’re just bad movies.

• Like 1

JFC Disney. I know it’s not wise to give into what neck beards want and don’t want because that would just ruin the originality of the film. But to be allegedly thinking about giving Rose(one of the most hated sequel characters) a tv series would be a slap in the face to every SW fan. 

I still find it laughable that people think Disney ruined the franchise.  If anything they saved it from becoming a complete afterthought, or at the very least made it better after the abomination of the Prequels.  Hate TLJ(not worth debating one way or the other) all you want, but it didn't destroy the property, and I'll continue to say that Rebels was the best thing to happen to Star Wars(other than Clone Wars, and there's a common thread) since ESB.  Don't @me about RoTJ or any Prequels

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I still find it laughable that people think Disney ruined the franchise.  If anything they saved it from becoming a complete afterthought, or at the very least made it better after the abomination of the Prequels.  Hate TLJ(not worth debating one way or the other) all you want, but it didn't destroy the property, and I'll continue to say that Rebels was the best thing to happen to Star Wars(other than Clone Wars, and there's a common thread) since ESB.  Don't @me about RoTJ or any Prequels

Wouldn’t necessarily say ruined yet but if Disney keeps going on the this trajectory for the sequels then  they will ruin it. To also say that Disney saved it from being an afterthought is bad. The OT and Prequels(mainly talking about ROTS) and The Clone Wars will be remembered for the rest of humanity LOL.  If anything Disney has lost just as many fans as they gained with the sequels.  

They did good with their Star Wars story’s i.e Solo and RO. Rebels was meh at best. 

27 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

if you didn't give the neckbeards what they wanted at the end of Rogue One, people would have disliked that movie too

Vader was rumored being in the film and if he was it would only be a little bit. So everyone was pleasantly surprised, including the neck beards, with the final Vader scene. They probably also would have been fine with the first Vader scene, if it was the only Vader part in the film when it comes to liking it as a whole. 

Neck beards were more in on Han Solo being their way and how “no one could replicate Harrison Ford”. IMO, they would of disliked Solo more if they didn’t put in the Darth Maul scene at the end. 

Edited by DoneWithit

Theory:  If there was no backlash to her, they would not be considering this.  This is a sort of doubling down on terribleness to prove they aren't terrible.  They should make a spin off series based on Boss Nass or that Maz from Ep VII first.  
Its gonna be Ghostbusters all over again. Women and feminists will "support it" for the sake of supporting women, a small minority of misogynists and alt right morons will get real vocal and take up most of the attention. Actual Star Wars fans who couldn't care less about Rose will be lumped in with the latter to create more publicity and make it a political wedge issue, because anyone who doesn't like leading women is clearly a virgin living in his parents basement and cant hate it because it's poorly made. The show will fail, like Ghostbusters did, because the actual target audience that will watch beyond episode 1 doesn't overlap enough with those who want it to be successful for non Star Wars reasons.
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Who are the neckbeards?

Idiots that think they know more about Star Wars than George Lucas himself, think Star Wars is turning into SJW, and will go out of their way to find something wrong with the movie. If it’s not inline with how they think Star Wars should be then it’s not “real Star Wars content”. You could also describe them as still living in their parents basement at the age of 40. 

Edited by DoneWithit
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Oh, for the love of Pete. People don't watch TV shows "for political reasons." You either enjoy it or you don't.

Every time I revisit this thread, I am somehow repeatedly surprised how the stupidity of TLJ haters has seemed to increase. That's what happens when you live in an echo chamber and only know what people who already agree with you tell you, y'all.

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Idiots that think they know more Star Wars than George Lucas himself, think Star Wars is turning into SJW, and will go out of their way to find something wrong with the movie. You could also describe them as still living in their parents basement at the age of 40. 

Bwhahahahahaha...wait. FFS

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Oh, for the love of Pete. People don't watch TV shows "for political reasons." You either enjoy it or you don't.

Every time I revisit this thread, I am somehow repeatedly surprised how the stupidity of TLJ haters has seemed to increase. That's what happens when you live in an echo chamber and only know what people who already agree with you tell you, y'all.

oh Jesus shut the fuck up

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Lulz.  The entire cable news industry, the Dixie Chicks, all the other country music acts that aren’t boycotted by Bubba, Black Panther, Roseanne, Duck Dynasty, whatever that show is with Tim Allen, and countless others indicate otherwise.

Seriously, fucking Roseanne was the highest rated tv sitcom in years when it came back because of politics.  You’re the one in the echo chamber if you don’t see any evidence of this.

You're conflating two completely different things. People do eagerly enjoy entertainment products that put themselves into echo chambers. See also, this thread.

But no "SJW" or otherwise is going to tune into a Rose Star Wars series because it's "about a woman, and my political views compel me to watch this to "... I don't fucking know... by somehow boosting the Nielsens you're taking a stand or some dumb shit like that?

23 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

oh Jesus shut the fuck up

You stop being stupid first. Or at least stop hating TLJ for stupid reasons.

I can think of good reasons to not like TLJ. Exactly 0 people in this thread have mentioned those reasons. Most have basically said, "I didn't like it, therefore it sucks." Which is idiotic. Banal. Dumbfuckery.

• Fuck You 1

You're conflating two completely different things. People do eagerly enjoy entertainment products that put themselves into echo chambers. See also, this thread.

But no "SJW" or otherwise is going to tune into a Rose Star Wars series because it's "about a woman, and my political views compel me to watch this to "... I don't fucking know... by somehow boosting the Nielsens you're taking a stand or some dumb shit like that?

It wasn't entertainment you fucktard , it was a piece of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I agree, but the people watching it for political reasons will keep with it for a little while so they might get a couple of seasons.  For example, did anyone really like Duck Dynasty?  That show sucked balls, and I’m 99% sure most people I know who watched it never in a million years would have liked the show if they didn’t endorse hunting and make a point of showing them pray at meals.  But that damn show lasted just throwing those little bones every once in a while.

What? Duck Dynasty is your example of political TV? I'm not overtly religious or Republican, although I grew up Christian and lean conservative, but I thought duck dynasty was a pretty funny, well made show from what I saw of it, regardless of political undertones.

You stop being stupid first. Or at least stop hating TLJ for stupid reasons.

I can think of good reasons to not like TLJ. Exactly 0 people in this thread have mentioned those reasons. Most have basically said, "I didn't like it, therefore it sucks." Which is idiotic. Banal. Dumbfuckery.

oh fuck Rimbo, people have listed in detail in this thread how much of crap this movie was. You are just being a thorn in a dick for arguing the other side. 

24 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

oh fuck Rimbo, people have listed in detail in this thread how much of crap this movie was. You are just being a thorn in a dick for arguing the other side. 

Yes, and exactly 0 of the reasons have anything to do with objectively bad filmmaking. And whining about Luke is just that -- whining.

The editing could have been better. Not just in terms of the apparent length of the Canto Bight scene, but also to bring together some of the characters' motivations so that it's more obvious why they did what they did.

I'm not being a thorn in a dick. I genuinely loved the movie. I loved it even more the second time through. Reading this thread started giving me doubts ... and then I watched it again, and my doubts were resolved. And I'm pissed that a genuinely great movie is getting a bad rap from people who demonstrably do not know what the fuck they're talking about.

In the end, you cannot make me not love this movie, or not enjoy watching it over and over again.

We got Rogue One and are getting a Cassian Andor series where Diego Luna gets to be James Bond/Jason Bourne in Star Wars and murder people and steal shit, so I'm really not giving no fucks anymore.  

My 6 year-old is loving Star Wars, he's putting his own spin on things, and he loves the original movies, so I did okay.

And Kenner Hasbro is bringing back the original molded action figures from the 70s, and my kids is overjoyed that he can finally get the lost weapons for my 70s SW figures.  Wait, I mean I can buy him a new set of the original figures I had, and stick my originals back in a box or something (I just discovered that my action figures he's been playing with are worth hundreds).

https://www.slashfilm.com/retro-star-wars-action-figures/

Also: Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper

starwars-retrocollection-frontpage.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yes, and exactly 0 of the reasons have anything to do with objectively bad filmmaking. And whining about Luke is just that -- whining.

The editing could have been better. Not just in terms of the apparent length of the Canto Bight scene, but also to bring together some of the characters' motivations so that it's more obvious why they did what they did.

I'm not being a thorn in a dick. I genuinely loved the movie. I loved it even more the second time through. Reading this thread started giving me doubts ... and then I watched it again, and my doubts were resolved. And I'm pissed that a genuinely great movie is getting a bad rap from people who demonstrably do not know what the fuck they're talking about.

In the end, you cannot make me not love this movie, or not enjoy watching it over and over again.

Too bad they couldn’t get Dick van Dyke to make an appearance with Leia Poppins.   Maybe would’ve turned the movie into an actual comedy. 

ok. i am going to fight against my current drunken state and try to type articulate enough to have an adult debate. BUT ok i can accept for some reason this movie was cool to you, but here are my basic bitches in no particular order, 

1. the humor was off almost in an uncomfortable way. the first 30 minutes were forced like no lube

2. ughhh the entire flight of the princess and her enhanced powers

3, the instant jedi powers. 

4. the entire elimination of mystic around Snoke

5. the entire gambling planet

6. the entire "chase plot"

7. the dumbing down of the Force

Luke's final scene=dumb and poor writting

fucking porgs

force ghost cheaply done

Poe and Finn. Finn should have died, just like Leia

all the political undertones

the fucking plot

the fucking unnecessary plot diversions

the cast away vibe with past characters

the complete buttfucking of the evil empire or first order , whatever

the craptastic pacing

the pound your head against the wall failure in logic with the rebel thought process.

every female character that was poorly developed , fuck they deserved better

I...cant ..go ...on

BUT just for you , I will watch this piece of shit movie again and try will all my being to give it a chance, 

• Hook 'Em 1

And in the end you cannot make me not hate this movie, or enjoy not watching it again. It remains the only SW movie I’ve seen only once and good lord willing and the creek don’t rise, it will remain that way.

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

New trailer should be out in April around the time Endgame is released. So I look forward to hearing how shitty Star Wars and Disney is around that time as well. 

I think there are many like me who actually enjoyed TFA and RO but hated TLJ.  At least those movies were fun and the plots made sense.  I'm not sure why if one hates TLJ they are anti Star Wars or Disney.  

• Like 5

Lots of ruining Star Wars talk on this thread and the one that preceded it on Shaggy.. It just seems this cycle goes around again and again every few months. So I'm assuming when the new trailer comes out we'll get another round of how awful TLJ was and how Disney ruined things. Who knows, maybe it just blows people away.

Edited by mdmost

The only rescuing from that turd will be pulling a rabbit out of JJ’s ass with something like Force ghost Luke, Yoda, Ben, and Anakin all showing up to mind fuck Kylo Ren and help Rey overpower him. Then someone shoot that chubby whiney “save what we love don’t kill what we hate” girl in the face with Chewie’s crossbow. End credits. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Lots of ruining Star Wars talk on this thread and the one that preceded it on Shaggy.. It just seems this cycle goes around again and again every few months. So I'm assuming when the new trailer comes out we'll get another round of how awful TLJ was and how Disney ruined things. Who knows, maybe it just blows people away.

Honestly, at this point I think most of us are at the "who gives a fuck" stage.

It's just fun to troll Rimbo and gripe about the good ol' days. 

Star Wars had its time.  When it was good it was great.  It ain't for us old timers anymore.  I'm fine with that.  Rose Tico TV show?  Have at it.  I'll be busy watching The Expanse or Altered Carbon or something else worth my time. 

Disney has actually accomplished something amazing with their spin on Star Wars.  It's made me and tons of people like me not give a flying fuck about Star Wars anymore.  Good luck to them on roping in a new generation of kids.  Hope it works out for them, but I wouldn't put money on it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The only rescuing from that turd will be pulling a rabbit out of JJ’s ass with something like Force ghost Luke, Yoda, Ben, and Anakin all showing up to mind fuck Kylo Ren and help Rey overpower him. Then someone shoot that chubby whiney “save what we love don’t kill what we hate” girl in the face with Chewie’s crossbow. End credits. 

How about this? Pam wakes up and hears someone in the shower. She walks in and sees a hazy figure reach out of the shower and grab a towel. It's Luke. She starts crying and says, "But you were dead."

He tells her it was a dream. None of it happened. There's no Rey, no Porgs and no Ewoks. And Kylo didn't kill Han, he stabbed Rian Johnson. 

2F8E562900000578-3332234-image-m-22_1450

• Like 3

I have a 10 year old son that still loves Star Wars so I’ll have to go see the next one. If I didn’t have a son there is a pretty good chance I would wait until it came out on cable before watching it. The last movie killed the love of Star Wars for people in my generation. Kids will still love it, but the people that were kids when it first came out are pretty much done with it.

• Like 1

Rimbo I think you and I are in the same age range and if I'm not then this won't make as much sense to you as it will to others who are.

Most of us, myself included, went to the theaters, bought the VHS, bought the Laserdisc, HBO, Easter on CBS, etc. etc. etc. watched Star Wars a hundred fucking times why?  Because it was a great fucking movie.

No one will ever watch TLJ more than 10.  Why?  Because it fucking suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeddddddddddddddddd

I watched Star Wars when I was 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20-48, hell I watched it 5 fucking times in 2018 I bet.  Does it take me back to a fantastic time in my life, of course it does.  It's also a great fucking movie.  And so is ESB which I've probably watched half as many times as SW.  ROTJ, maybe 20-25.  Prequels, maybe 15 combined, mostly the 1st and some 3rd.  Saw FA maybe 5 or 6, R1 maybe 5

Now you notice what's missing there?  Ep. 2, why? because it was fucking terrible.  Han Solo?  I saw it twice, that was enough. 

The ones worth watching again are fucking worth watching over and over again because they're good to great movies.  I bet a lot of my watch numbers match up to a lot of other mfers on here as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I think there are many like me who actually enjoyed TFA and RO but hated TLJ.  At least those movies were fun and the plots made sense.  I'm not sure why if one hates TLJ they are anti Star Wars or Disney.  

Bingo. I'm sure I've written this a dozen times, but I couldn't give a rats ass about the mystique or legacy of Star Wars. It's a movie series about space wizards with usually pretty awful acting and questionable plot cohesion. But they're generally pretty fun. TLJ was not fun, not close, and it offended me with its stupidity (again, in a movie with space wizards) and overall crappiness.

But I'll treat it as a one off, and I'll watch the next one. It was a bummer that TLJ basically killed Solo though. I rather enjoyed that one as a fun, albeit shallow, popcorn movie.

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Bingo. I'm sure I've written this a dozen times, but I couldn't give a rats ass about the mystique or legacy of Star Wars. It's a movie series about space wizards with usually pretty awful acting and questionable plot cohesion. But they're generally pretty fun. TLJ was not fun, not close, and it offended me with its stupidity (again, in a movie with space wizards) and overall crappiness.

But I'll treat it as a one off, and I'll watch the next one. It was a bummer that TLJ basically killed Solo though. I rather enjoyed that one as a fun, albeit shallow, popcorn movie.

Solo is easily rewatchable. 

More interested to see if the audience for the Rose show matches the social media and critical support.  It won’t be about winning new viewers. 

This thread is Groundhog Day. Discussion dies off and thread falls into the background. Somebody revives it to post about how much TLJ fucking sucks (hint: a lot). Then Rimbo shows up to troll. Then several posters take the bait and write a bunch of reasons why the movie sucks. Rinse, repeat.

Part of me would be amused if JJ just finishes the troll job.

Music plays, something scrolls and we pick up the action immediately where we left off. The Falcon is flying along in space. Rey, Finn and CGI Leia are all in a deep conversation about the Resistance’s next move.

SUDDENLY the hyperdrive gives out on the Falcon for the last time and in a flash a First Order ship is on them and blows them all to hell with a turbo laser barrage.

Roll credits

The audience sitting there in stunned silence as credits end.

All of a sudden we see Kylo Ren standing there shirtless in a towel outside a First Order bathroom.

“You’re still here? It’s over, we won, go home....go”

Steps back into the bathroom

Screen goes black.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1