Texas opens as a 5 point underdog @ Baylor

TexasMan

This feels like free money. This team hasn't played well on the road all year and this is the best team we'll have played on the road. They've got a good coaching, a good defense, a very mobile QB, and solid skill players. This also doesn't even take into consideration the fact that this is the best chance they've had to get "pay back" for the rape fiacso. 

Even without Mims, I think they win comfortably. -5 seems very low considering ISU was -7.

Yeah, I'm afraid Baylor may blow us out.  They have the weapons to do so if we fall behind 14-0 like against K State.

On the other hand, as bad as things have been, no one's blown us out all year.  Once we get in a hole, the offense does enough to keep us within 10.

So I'll guess it's something like Baylor 34, Texas 28.

But hey, we'll still be 1-2 against teams in Texas, and .333 is good enough to win a batting title most years, right Coach?

Edited by TexArcher

Just now, Xian said:

That seems low....

so if we lose out will that force some changes?  

Doubt it.  I mean, maybe if we lose to Baylor ugly, then lose to Tech at home, then lose to some bag of shit in a bowl nobody watches to finish 6-7, then maybe.  But I still doubt it.  I'm pretty sure he's got another year unless he shits on the Longhorn at midfield.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i think the line would be -10 if not for the massive el-foldo they pulled last night.  looking from the other side, rapelor had thieves on the mat with their foot on their chest and a sword to their throat and cratered.  vegas doesn't know what to do with that.

Neither does Densa

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i think the line would be -10 if not for the massive el-foldo they pulled last night.  looking from the other side, rapelor had thieves on the mat with their foot on their chest and a sword to their throat and cratered.  vegas doesn't know what to do with that.

Thieves laid down and gave them the sword with those turnovers. Once they took their sword back, it was never in question that they would win this game. 

Easy money.  We will go 3 and out on first drive. Charlie brewer gets 55 yards rushing and a TD in first drive. We go 6 and out next drive and Baylor scored on a deep bomb 14-0 to start the game like always. Finally 35 seconds before half time the Texas we all thought we would be takes over for a score 14-7 at half. Then 3rd qtr of doom 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Easy money.  We will go 3 and out on first drive. Charlie brewer gets 55 yards rushing and a TD in first drive. We go 6 and out next drive and Baylor scored on a deep bomb 14-0 to start the game like always. Finally 35 seconds before half time the Texas we all thought we would be takes over for a score 14-7 at half. Then 3rd qtr of doom 

clockwork burnt orange

• Like 2

I think I’m searing to go full root against Herman mode.  Similar to the last 6 weeks or strong. 

even if it doesn’t make a difference, it will help my sanity. 
F That.

I'm rooting for the coaches to get it, the payers to get it back, and the team start fucking winning.

I want to win.

I'm no bitchassedness at all times...i never wanted Charlie, Mack, Mackovic, or McWilliams to lose. I wanted everyone of them to win. Only Mackovic and Mack won.

I'm hoping this dude's name Is Thomas Mackenzie Herman.

Win. OGTFO.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Who's making the trek up 35 to see this mess? 

We have a board visit that morning in Waco.  And I'm still not sticking around to watch the shitshow.  Unless maybe that Magnolia broad shows off her butt.  

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This lines up pretty well for a Tom Herman "where the hell did that come from" type upset that has the cheap seats satisfied. I won't put money on it, of course, nor will it make me any less nauseated by this season, but I won't be surprised by a Texas win this week.

yup.  this is the precise setup for fraud obfuscation/continuation.  even at -5 i would take texas and the points even though every thermensa win resets the 5-year clock to relevance.

• Like 1

Well, we're now playing for the difference between the CampingWorld Bowl and the Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl.  So either way, Tom Herman can have a giant YETI tumbler from one of those two vendors shoved straight up his smug ass.  

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Who's making the trek up 35 to see this mess? 

Ha. The only way I go is with free tickets in hand.  I've taken kids, nieces and nephews to every home game and Texas/ousux over the last 6 years. They don't understand why Texas is a "big deal" because the Longhorns always lose.  I'm not spending another cent on this program as long as Tom is here.  

Edited by Shaggy3.0

3 hours ago, Xian said:

That seems low....

so if we lose out will that force some changes?  

Lose out or not changes need to be made period! I just don't see Tom cutting any of his buddies. He's got plenty of excuses for losing and I have no doubt he'll come up with a doozy excuse when Baylor puts on the ass beating.