Texas opens as a 5 point underdog @ Baylor

TexasMan

17 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Ummmmm...

Yes, no shit we lost to those 2 teams. Did you even read the rest of my post or what I was responding to? Half this board is acting like a gaping vagina. It’s fucking Baylor. Baylor has struggled to beat some pretty bad to mediocre teams this year. This isn’t some top 5 team we are playing. 

Yes, no shit we lost to those 2 teams. Did you even read the rest of my post or what I was responding to? Half this board is acting like a gaping vagina. It’s fucking Baylor. Baylor has struggled to beat some pretty bad to mediocre teams this year. This isn’t some top 5 team we are playing. 

They're terrible. We should win convincingly.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

Does anyone know if Charlie Brewer got an offer from Texas? Or if he has any family ties to Texas? I'm anxious to watch the game and find out. 

Luckily I'll be at the game in Waco so I won't have to hear 3 hours of that story over and over again this year.

Wait, I'll be at the game, I guess I'm not so lucky after all.  Can't wait to drive 3 hours from SA to Waco to watch this ineptitude again. The alcohol will be flowing very heavily that night

23 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Easy money.  We will go 3 and out on first drive. Charlie brewer gets 55 yards rushing and a TD in first drive. We go 6 and out next drive and Baylor scored on a deep bomb 14-0 to start the game like always. Finally 35 seconds before half time the Texas we all thought we would be takes over for a score 14-7 at half. Then 3rd qtr of doom 

This guy Texases.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, TexArcher said:

Doubt it.  I mean, maybe if we lose to Baylor ugly, then lose to Tech at home, then lose to some bag of shit in a bowl nobody watches to finish 6-7, then maybe.  But I still doubt it.  I'm pretty sure he's got another year unless he shits on the Longhorn at midfield.

I can only speak for myself, but frankly, I'm fine with Tom remaining here as long as there is a serious effort made in refreshing the staff. I don't do this for a living like Tom and CDC do, but there has to be a network to tap into as far as finding the next hot hand/name. Take the time, make the effort, and go write some damn checks to some proven commodities. Talent on the field will be good enough next year to make an immediate impact, given some new direction. Maybe I am wrong, but I also am attempting to carry a different perspective....especially since CDC called my damn personal cell phone this morning at 11am LOL. If he is calling poors like me back, after an anger email, he's most surely noticed what is happening and intends to take action. 

On 11/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, TexArcher said:

Doubt it.  I mean, maybe if we lose to Baylor ugly, then lose to Tech at home, then lose to some bag of shit in a bowl nobody watches to finish 6-7, then maybe.  But I still doubt it.  I'm pretty sure he's got another year unless he shits on the Longhorn at midfield.

So you're saying there's a chance...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I can only speak for myself, but frankly, I'm fine with Tom remaining here as long as there is a serious effort made in refreshing the staff. 

I'm okay with this, too.  Get new coordinators in there while we have a lot of experienced players returning and hope they can learn a new system quickly.  Next year could save Tom's job in the long-term if he does this.  And Tom's a great recruiter, etc.

But if he brings Beck and Orlando back next year, they can all go to South Florida after we lose 4 or 5 more games.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, BrazilHorn said:

So ISU was 7 and Baylor who looks far better is 5? 

hmm. This is why I don’t bet games. 

I saw the same thing and first thought was these guys need to watch a football game once in awhile and clear all that backroom smoke, drinks, and drugs out of their systems. It really makes no sense but at this point in my life I'm like whatever dude.

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'm okay with this, too.  Get new coordinators in there while we have a lot of experienced players returning and hope they can learn a new system quickly.  Next year could save Tom's job in the long-term if he does this.  And Tom's a great recruiter, etc.

But if he brings Beck and Orlando back next year, they can all go to South Florida after we lose 4 or 5 more games.

You hit the nail on the head with all of it. No changes means recruits look elsewhere. Tom is getting paid a lot of money to being good things for the program and so far he isn't doing what he's being paid to do. This team could probably do better if Tom doesn't show up to the game. 

HaHaHa... Fuck Kirk Bowels!! 🤘

zzNsKJ7m_bigger.jpegKirk Bohls  @kbohls

Asked if it was a long flight from Ames after loss to Iowa State, Texas C Zach Shackelford: "It was about an hour and a half." Asked if it seemed longer, he said, "It seemed like an hour and a half." OK then.
2:05 PM · Nov 19, 2019·
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

Spread sounds about right.

O/U is high?  But I think the thought process is that Baylor pushes the pass game and there are more possessions than usual.

This happens on occasion, but it's the first time for Texas this year:  In my model, Texas is ranked above Baylor (18 & 19), but Baylor is a 2-pt neutral site favorite in the matchup.

We need to work the trenches to win, limit chunk passes.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, BrazilHorn said:

So ISU was 7 and Baylor who looks far better is 5? 

hmm. This is why I don’t bet games. 

Baylor is crushed right now...........................blowing a huge halftime lead.  Head trash.  Still doesn't mean they won't blow us out but I have a feeling UT is going to win.  Sam responsible for 4 TDs. 

5 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Baylor is crushed right now...........................blowing a huge halftime lead.  Head trash.  Still doesn't mean they won't blow us out but I have a feeling UT is going to win.  Sam responsible for 4 TDs. 

I don't know man. After two OT wins and a couple of squeaker/lucky wins, I'd imagine most on the team were somewhat surprised they'd gone as long as they did without dropping a game. They seem like the types who'll show up, suit up and go back to work.

14 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

This was my immediate thought too, but when was the last time that Baylor (or anybody else for that matter) showed up flat against Texas? That said, they also know that no matter what happens on Saturday they are going to get a rematch against OU as long as they beat Kansas next week. 

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This was my immediate thought too, but when was the last time that Baylor (or anybody else for that matter) showed up flat against Texas? That said, they also know that no matter what happens on Saturday they are going to get a rematch against OU as long as they beat Kansas next week. 

Agree.  They aren't some juggernaut so they can still lose, but it won't be because of the OU game.  They'll have no issues focusing on beating Texas.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Agree.  They aren't some juggernaut so they can still lose, but it won't be because of the OU game.  They'll have no issues focusing on beating Texas.

Outside of Georgia (#didntwant2bethere), nobody ever has an issue playing Texas like it is their Super Bowl.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, justhookit said:

Imagine being in this much denial 

On 11/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

This gives me the sads. What's worse is I'll still tune in to see the ass rape they give us. 

This.  At least take solace in that Baylor’s guys are pros at rape and will try to make it look like something else.  Somehow, there’s a silver lining to all that 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Hate Baylor. But have to admire what Ruhle has accomplished against long odds. Where will he go next?

Hard to say. He's in a P5 conference now and potentially playing for a championship. He's from the NE but what schools there would be attractive enough and an upgrade over the situation he's in now? NFL is most likely I would think, maybe back to the NY Giants?

So I'm just going to put 2 and 2 together here and guess that Roach saying he was "was just trying to make a play for the team and block the kick" means that no coach in the team huddle before the kick said something to the effect of- "hey, if he misses, we win.  If he makes it we still have 2 minutes to get in Dicker's range to win- the worst thing you can do is jump offsides or rough the kicker.  In fact just play field goal safe and guard against the fake." 

Yeah, yeah, a senior captain should know better, but not everyone in that unit is a senior captain, so that shit needed to be said. That this all but confirms that  it wasn't said is troubling.   

Also, I'm not sure why I'm discussing this in a thread about the Baylor odds, but any place is a good place to say Fuck Herman and his JV staff. 

• Like 4