Fire Whomever Coaches Tackling

Slacks

I was camping Saturday and didn't see the game until now..

Several of our players tried to make an odd looking arm/shoulder/spin move to make a tackle... Enough attempts that this is something someone is trying to get the team to do. There's no way that many people are making the same move, multiple times, by coincidence.

It looks like someone is trying to teach "alligator tackling" but without having ever tackled anyone...

Or like a bunch of people have dislocated shoulders...

Or like a bunch of rugby guys with no pads...

Or like they watch it on YouTube without anyone explaining it... Maybe with music over instead.

I can see what's supposed to happen, but it's not right for every tackle, and we're not good at it when it is the right tackle to make.

An I making this up?

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's definitely an epidemic. 10 games into the season and no one can tackle. When you're not being sad and pissed at the sight of it, it's actually pretty amazing at how bad it truly is. 

Heck. I feel like it’s been a decade since we could tackle. How is that even possible? Do coaches just forget how to teach it once they get to Texas?

another in the long line of examples of how far we are from 2006.

In the RoseBowl, in the SC section (2) watching Vince demoralize those around me, there were female SC fans who kept on about "how do y'all teach tackling like that in Texas?..steer wrestling?" after Huff, who I believe after Vince was the absolute best player on the field that night, made another in a sequence of open field perfect tackles.

We are so far away from having that type of team right now it really is sad. 

I know Huff is watching all of this from the inside right now...where is the teaching going on here?  Something is really broken.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, Snacks said:

I was camping Saturday and didn't see the game until now..

Several of our players tried to make an odd looking arm/shoulder/spin move to make a tackle... Enough attempts that this is something someone is trying to get the team to do. There's no way that many people are making the same move, multiple times, by coincidence.

It looks like someone is trying to teach "alligator tackling" but without having ever tackled anyone...

Or like a bunch of people have dislocated shoulders...

Or like a bunch of rugby guys with no pads...

Or like they watch it on YouTube without anyone explaining it... Maybe with music over instead.

I can see what's supposed to happen, but it's not right for every tackle, and we're not good at it when it is the right tackle to make.

An I making this up?

Actually Saturday was better than what they have been doing most of the season.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Our players are consistently out of position to make plays and are overcompensating by Supermaning into opponents. It also seems like we usually only have one player even somewhat around the ball carrier to attempt to make a tackle, so it’s an all or nothing attempt.

This.  Tackling is easy when you are in position.  Hard when you are already beat.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:16 PM, TtomTerrific said:

I know Huff is watching all of this from the inside right now...where is the teaching going on here?  Something is really broken.

Horsecollar is illegal now.

• Like 1

Texas also doesn't have anyone with all world speed. WRs are kinda slow, tall, but slow. Rojo has it but no one else.  On D, who is the fast one? They are all thick but that's it.

Wtf, you think Rojo is a burner? Jake, DD, Burt, Woodard, and Lewis are all likely faster than him.
He’s just more physical and aggressive than all of them outside of DD.