11.18.19 Coach Herman press conference (noon)

bigup2dahorns

"Coach, you won 54% of your games your first season, 71% last year, and 60% this year. Your overall winning percentage is 62%. Do you think that's good enough for the University of Texas, do you think it's good enough for someone earning your salary, and what do you think an appropriate winning percentage IS for Texas football? Leaving aside anything else, at what frequency do you legitimately think Texas should win football games over the course of three years?" 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

Someone better read this tweet to that bitch and ask him again why the team starts so slow every week. 

"...two of which were called on a drive where you had the opportunity to run out the clock, and failed miserably/predictably."

Herman is a fraud until proven otherwise.

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You look at Baylor over there and it's just all about the tradition of Coach Rhule looking like he's about to have some dental x-rays done at any moment since he's already wearing the lead apron. 

He looks like the manager of the towel/dryoff team at a carwash in the seedy party of town

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I usually avoid these, but I gotta admit I may check this one out. 

Setting up for likely disappointment, but there's a chance...

Depends on what you're looking for.  I think it's going to be a bloodbath.   It's literally impossible to win today's press conference and satisfy this fan base without announcing there will be major coaching changes this off season which has zero chance of happening at this point regardless of whether decisions have been made.  And I have a feeling some of the media will turn on him and actually ask some tough questions for a change.  He's going to have to sit there and take it and somehow try to come off not seeming like an arrogant asshole.  Which is impossible for him.  I predict he goes through a minimum of 3 waters.  Should be fun.

48 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Coach, you won 54% of your games your first season, 71% last year, and 60% this year. Your overall winning percentage is 62%. Do you think that's good enough for the University of Texas, do you think it's good enough for someone earning your salary, and what do you think an appropriate winning percentage IS for Texas football? Leaving aside anything else, at what frequency do you legitimately think Texas should win football games over the course of three years?" 

good mythical morning water GIF by Rhett and Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Haven't thought about it.  Next question."

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

That’s an easy one: “Tom, can you talk about the game last Saturday?”

“I don’t know, I’d have to go back and watch the film.”

or

”I literally don’t know who we played last week. You guys think I’m joking but I’m not. I had to ask my assistant coaches who we played last week.”

13 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I can actually understand why they wouldn't ask it, but the right question to ask in response to this (trying hard not to do so in a mocking tone) would be something like:

"Coach Herman, do you think that when Iowa State's defensive staff saw your players come out for that drive in 11 personnel and a power run formation that they were worried or happy?"

Also, that's bullshit that Duvernay dropping the pass was the issue on 3rd and 10. Here's a look at the situation when he would have completed a catch:

image.png.5c8dff723eed5a2e473c252291eecad3.png

• Like 6