11.18.19 Coach Herman press conference (noon)

bigup2dahorns

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I can actually understand why they wouldn't ask it, but the right question to ask in response to this (trying hard not to do so in a mocking tone) would be something like:

"Coach Herman, do you think that when Iowa State's defensive staff saw your players come out for that drive in 11 personnel and a power run formation that they were worried or happy?"

Also, that's bullshit that Duvernay dropping the pass was the issue on 3rd and 10. Here's a look at the situation when he would have completed a catch:

image.png.5c8dff723eed5a2e473c252291eecad3.png

Perfect encapsulation of our offense on Saturday.

Throwing the ball behind the LOS on an absolute must-make 3rd down and 10. Three offensive linemen blocking nobody. QB under pressure during the throw.

Even if Dev hadn’t “dropped the ball” (according to Herman) 34 and 35 would have combined for easy tackle after a 3 yard gain.

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Chip: asking about who formulates the offensive game plan and in game adjustments

A: we are all involved. Bunch of coaches watch film and look for tendencies and personnel adjustments.

I’m calling bullshit, it was Herman’s safe offense binder 100% in the first half

Edited by Hook1997

Davis AAS asks again about conservative game plan at the end of the game

A: if we threw 3 incomplete passes I would be answering a lot tougher questions right now. At that point in the game, time is a huge factor and we were playing good D. We felt confident to be able to run the ball successfully at the end of the game.

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

A: if we threw 3 incomplete passes I would be answering a lot tougher questions right now. At that point in the game, time is a huge factor and we were playing good D. We felt confident to be able to run the ball successfully at the end of the game.

I heard that - so he is admitting he called the running plays so he did not have to answer questions about why he passed if it did not work. 

So you're ASSUMING 3 straight incompletions after the last 2 drives?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

actually you would have saved 1:00 of game clock for when you inevitably gave up the lead

There was no downsize to keep running what brought you back.  Three and out with incompletions? Means 4+ mins of game clock left and two timeouts

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

"IF" even  though the only offense that worked all day was 4 and 5 wide passing sets.

Then he cites last week and a game from 2 years ago to explain why going run heavy SHOULD HAVE worked, even though it hadn't worked all fucking game.