11.18.19 Coach Herman press conference (noon)

bigup2dahorns

14 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Perfect encapsulation of our offense on Saturday.

Throwing the ball behind the LOS on an absolute must-make 3rd down and 10. Three offensive linemen blocking nobody. QB under pressure during the throw.

Even if Dev hadn’t “dropped the ball” (according to Herman) 34 and 35 would have combined for easy tackle after a 3 yard gain.

Somewhere, Greg Davis is beaming with pride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Davis AAS asks again about conservative game plan at the end of the game

A: if we threw 3 incomplete passes I would be answering a lot tougher questions right now. At that point in the game, time is a huge factor and we were playing good D. We felt confident to be able to run the ball successfully at the end of the game.

What has he seen this year that make him have any confidence we would be able to run the ball successfully, especially given the fact that Iowa St. knew we would be running the ball. 

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Sounds like a defeated coach with no answers on how to turn things around 

This is what I see.

Anyone who has watched these PCs is seeing a different Hernan today. Milder, less sarcasm, doing what he can to answer questions with sincerity while keeping it vanilla.

I don’t know if CDC has talked with him or if he’s just beat down at this point. But this was a bit different.

• Like 3

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

This is what I see.

Anyone who has watched these PCs is seeing a different Hernan today. Milder, less sarcasm, doing what he can to answer questions with sincerity while keeping it vanilla.

I don’t know if CDC has talked with him or if he’s just beat down at this point. But this was a bit different.

Came out the gate with the apology of his remarks of not being out coached.. I want to believe he's being humbled but then he goes out and blames a player, miscommunication and of course Sam's pass on the last series of the game.. fuck this dude..  he's not getting fired but I hope CDC puts the fear of God in him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This is what I see.

Agree 100%. I think he realizes that he can’t talk down to everyone after his 4th loss in year 3. Very uncomfortable position for him and it showed today.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This motherfucker just said Baylor's season has been eerily similar to ours.  They just win the close games.

But you'll never say you've been outcoached...

Dickhead.

9-1 and 6-4 are eerily similar.  It's just that one of them has a genius head coach.

• Like 1

The most depressing thing is that literally ONE WEEK AGO, we executed a masterful 13 play, nearly 7 minute drive to end the game.

That drive contained 4 completed passes totaling 55 yards, including a first play pass for 14 that put the defense on its heels.  

It also contained ZERO incomplete passes.

This exact same team just showed that they are capable of executing a drive like this, and the Head Coach still chooses to turtle when he has the game on the line.  Disgraceful.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Davis AAS asks again about conservative game plan at the end of the game

A: if we threw 3 incomplete passes I would be answering a lot tougher questions right now. At that point in the game, time is a huge factor and we were playing good D. We felt confident to be able to run the ball successfully at the end of the game.

What the hell?  Based on what, you dumb ass?  What did you see all game that made you confident in our ability to run the ball against them?  Not to mention the stupidity of assuming 3 straight incompletions after what the offense did on the previous 2 drives after they finally abandoned the run game.  This arrogant prick has his head so far up his own ass, I've lost hope on him ever being able to pull it out.  This is not high level stuff, this is basic shit and 3 years into his stint here and 5 years into his career as a head coach and he still doesn't get it.