A farewell to Dairy Queens

Hornius Emeritus

When I was looking up my cousin, I came across this:
Meanwhile, Diamond Land Company LLC, managed by Donald Feinstein, continues to unload Wendy’s locations, this time selling the 5322 Essen Lane location for $1.5 million to Wendy’s International LLC. In July, Diamond sold to a Slidell developer a vacant building near the Florida Boulevard and Sharp Road intersection that was previously a Wendy’s. And In March, Diamond sold another former Wendy’s restaurant at 3322 Lake St. for $825,000 to an LLC managed by the owners of Louie’s Café. Louie’s has since relocated to that space from its longtime nearby home at 209 W. State St. 
He was an attorney by trade and made his money off of the Wendy's real estate rather than off the profits of his Wendy's. I don't know the EBITDA but those sales prices seem to reflect the value of the properties.

Yup. We see it often that people want to sell their business but don’t realize the RE is the more profitable play.