Hornius Emeritus

A farewell to Dairy Queens

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

The post below yours inspired me - "Blizzards" could be the name of the titter. Waitress chicks in little fur bikinis and ear muffs. Keep the joint at about 45 deg F.

"You could poke someone's eye out!"

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Wtf is ayce catfish?

Wait...you don't know what "ayce" is?  "All You Can Eat," dude.

I had a buddy in high school who wanted the nickname of "Ayce," cuz he was king of hitting the buffets.  Yeah, he was a big dude.

23 hours ago, deft said:

Mexia doesn't even have a dq anymore.  The joke is dead. 

One of my favorite jokes.  

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Post reminded me of Vanessa Angel.

Csql0EmXgAAeTYx.jpg

Hey Nikita is it cold, in the little corner of your world

When I was looking up my cousin, I came across this:
Meanwhile, Diamond Land Company LLC, managed by Donald Feinstein, continues to unload Wendy’s locations, this time selling the 5322 Essen Lane location for $1.5 million to Wendy’s International LLC. In July, Diamond sold to a Slidell developer a vacant building near the Florida Boulevard and Sharp Road intersection that was previously a Wendy’s. And In March, Diamond sold another former Wendy’s restaurant at 3322 Lake St. for $825,000 to an LLC managed by the owners of Louie’s Café. Louie’s has since relocated to that space from its longtime nearby home at 209 W. State St. 
He was an attorney by trade and made his money off of the Wendy's real estate rather than off the profits of his Wendy's. I don't know the EBITDA but those sales prices seem to reflect the value of the properties.

Yup. We see it often that people want to sell their business but don’t realize the RE is the more profitable play.

title should reflect that  the DQ owned by Vasari are the ones going out of business.  the rest of them are not.

This thread has really hit me in the feels.

My grandparents would always take us to the one in Mart when we would spend the night.

I would get a country basket, a couple quarters for the Simon game in the corner and if I begged a blizzard.  

My grandmother lived in Haskell.  My granddad died before I was born and she remarried a real nice gentleman and farmer from Haskell.  He used to go to the Haskell DQ every day for coffee.  He would take us with him.  But those old timers would go there every day and just shoot the bull.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

But those old timers would go there every day and just shoot the bull.

small town life, love it