Beau Vine

2020 Hall of Fame Thread

Ballots have been mail to BBWAA voters!

EJq7bOxUwAA_Fwh?format=png&name=900x900

The Tracker will be here: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=F2E5D8FC5199DFAF!17003&ithint=file,xlsx&authkey=!ALD8BEbKmTajwcI

FWIW, I'd vote for Bonds, Clemens, Jeter, Andruw, Schilling off the top of my head, and I'd give Walker and Wagner a lot more consideration before casting a ballot. 

Edited by Beau Vine

Boy, that is a grim list. The first-year-on-the-ballot guys are all hot garbage besides Herpes Jeter. I'm sure his overrated ass gets in on the first vote, which is a joke. After that it's all guys who were known roid-freaks, closers, Rockies, assholes and Andruw Jones. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, that is a grim list. The first-year-on-the-ballot guys are all hot garbage besides Herpes Jeter. I'm sure his overrated ass gets in on the first vote, which is a joke. After that it's all guys who were known roid-freaks, closers, Rockies, assholes and Andruw Jones. 

Jeter certainly has HOF worthy stats, advanced metrics, and hardware (maybe not 1st ballot caliber but still). When you factor in his intangibles, clutchness, character, and the flip play from the 2001 playoffs he’s a surefire 1st ballot entrant imo. He’s the reason I wore #2 and played shortstop as a kid, and a huge reason why I fell in love with the Yankees and the game of baseball. You’d be lucky to catch herpes from him. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Jeter certainly has HOF worthy stats, advanced metrics, and hardware (maybe not 1st ballot caliber but still). When you factor in his intangibles, clutchness, character, and the flip play from the 2001 playoffs he’s a surefire 1st ballot entrant imo. He’s the reason I wore #2 and played shortstop as a kid, and a huge reason why I fell in love with the Yankees and the game of baseball. You’d be lucky to catch herpes from him. 

Get this motherfucker a gift basket.

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Clemens, Giambi, Jeter, Pettitte, Sheffield, Soriano. 

Don't really know how you can say Clemens without saying Bonds.  You either forgive the roiding, in which case they are the two clearest hall of famers of the last half century, or you don't.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Don't really know how you can say Clemens without saying Bonds.  You either forgive the roiding, in which case they are the two clearest hall of famers of the last half century, or you don't.

Look who posted that list and what those players all have in common.  Then dispense yourself of the notion that there is any rational thought behind it.  

On 11/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Look who posted that list and what those players all have in common.  Then dispense yourself of the notion that there is any rational thought behind it.  

This is Helo talking about the Yankees in the 90's

giphy.gif

Bonds, Clemens, Jeter.

I think Walker and Schilling are close.

Rolen, Jones and Helton were damn good but not quite HOFers. 

Damn Andruw Jones looked like a sure-fire HOFer early in his career. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski