10 years of November apathy

markstanco

27 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

meh. 4th loss last year was a fake money grabbing conference championship game Texas teams of past didn't have to play.  We beat OU at the fair last year. 

But still it took a 14 game season just to get our only 10 win season of the decade. Hopefully we have more than just one 10 win season in the 2020's. Cheers to a hopefully better decade of Texas football!

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:
meh. 4th loss last year was a fake money grabbing conference championship game Texas teams of past didn't have to play.  We beat OU at the fair last year. 

Yea Maryland was better than advertised. WV and OSU too.

Maryland beat our ass. Twice. It was no fluke. Even with all the shit that has gone down this year it is pretty amazing how much that team owned us. I thought for sure we were going to be annihilated with that jet sweep they ran the rest of the year both times but for whatever reason no other schools were able or willing to do it. Still baffles me.

But anyway I am also a Redskins fan, if you want to know what apathy looks like check out FedEx field these days. We truly don't give a fuck anymore. Texas still has a long way to go. It is when this board truly stops melting down when we blow games to Maryland and Iowa State that we know we are there.

And frankly our meltdowns are less melty this year. There is a sort of resignation that sets in after your hopes get up and then squashed once again.

Still glad to see us pissed off and wanting to kill Tom Herman though. 

Edited by Valmy77

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Likely posted, but for the first time texas has lost 4 or more games in the same decade. Congrats to herman on keeping the tradition. I'm sure he will fight to keep his staff so the streak can continue.

If you're going to add yet another whiny post to the pile, it's probably a good idea to make sure that it makes sense.  To wit, I'm pretty sure we have lost way more than four games this decade.  And every decade.