Millennials & Gen Xers better than Boomers...

Armybrat

... brewing craft beer. 

Back in the day a half century ago there were very few craft beers around, with Shiner Bock being about the only option I was aware of in central Texas. Schlitz, Bud, Pearl, Pabst, & Lone Star were the go to brands.

Mexican beer such as Corona, Tecate, DosX and the like were considered swill and hard to find in the state. Bohemia was good, but not available north of the Nueces.

So hats off to all the young skilled entrepreneurs who are brewing some damn good product in wide varieties.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

... brewing craft beer. 

Back in the day a half century ago there were very few craft beers around, with Shiner Bock being about the only option I was aware of in central Texas. Schlitz, Bud, Pearl, Pabst, & Lone Star were the go to brands.

Mexican beer such as Corona, Tecate, DosX and the like were considered swill and hard to find in the state. Bohemia was good, but not available north of the Nueces.

So hats off to all the young skilled entrepreneurs who are brewing some damn good product in wide varieties.

OK Antediluvian Generation

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Gen X is the absolute best generation. Everyone else is a bunch of slap dick ass clowns.

Last generation to grow up without the internet. We also know how to fuck chicks with or without internet assistance. We can fix your computer but also know when to ignore them. We also didn’t use our student loan money to travel the world and then bitch how we shouldn’t have to pay it back.

Gen X is the most well rounded when it comes to employment, pussy, beer, and drugs. We respect others, aren’t snowflakes, work hard, and created great music.

Fight me.

Preach.

13 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Gen X is the absolute best generation. Everyone else is a bunch of slap dick ass clowns.

Last generation to grow up without the internet. We also know how to fuck chicks with or without internet assistance. We can fix your computer but also know when to ignore them. We also didn’t use our student loan money to travel the world and then bitch how we shouldn’t have to pay it back.

Gen X is the most well rounded when it comes to employment, pussy, beer, and drugs. We respect others, aren’t snowflakes, work hard, and created great music.

Fight me.

My name MIA, and I approve this message. 

22 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

He has spoken.  

35 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

200.gif

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

Fuckin A, man. 

Fuck

N

A

24 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

Counterpoint:  Gen X is so apathetic that it has done jack shit to clean up the messes created by the boomers (who we can all agree are the worst).  We will have a millennial president before we have a Gen X one.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Counterpoint:  Gen X is so apathetic that it has done jack shit to clean up the messes created by the boomers (who we can all agree are the worst).  We will have a millennial president before we have a Gen X one.  

There were always more boomers than X'ers.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5212223

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

We also didn’t use our student loan money to travel the world and then bitch how we shouldn’t have to pay it back.

Very emblematic of how Boomers and Gen Xers still don't understand how the educational debt explosion happened, but are super down to shake their fists at millenials for being in debt. What the fuck was this post about again?

(I did take $350 junior year to attend 2008 RRS though. You're fucking welcome, that was my first of two wins in the cotton bowl. 45-35 for life, and I'd fucking do it again in a heartbeat)

52 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

That has more to do that Boomers were always a bigger voting block and millennial's will be a bigger voting block then Gen X by the time boomers die off. 

There is a point that Gen X can be the swing vote between those two groups though. 

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

Where do I send the $9.95?

22 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Very emblematic of how Boomers and Gen Xers still don't understand how the educational debt explosion happened, but are super down to shake their fists at millenials for being in debt. What the fuck was this post about again?

(I did take $350 junior year to attend 2008 RRS though. You're fucking welcome, that was my first of two wins in the cotton bowl. 45-35 for life, and I'd fucking do it again in a heartbeat)

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Happened because a bunch of snowflakes believed the bullshit that they were all college material and needed college. Others may have paved the road but you and your boomer parents happily drove the fuck down it.

So yea I understand supply and demand.

The immediate follow-up is truly fascinating, lol. Just mind-blowing actually.

Back on track. Boomers' taste in beer truly sucked. I can't believe it took this long for people to want decent tasting beer.

2 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Fight me.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

200.gif

source.gif

Fight me.

Yep. 

/thread

Co-sign on Gen X being the best but the takes on student loan debt in this thread are terrible and I must say, Gen Z/Zoomers are pretty fucking cool too.

They’re the kids of Gen X and they’re funny and while they’ve grown up with I-Devices in their hands since birth, they’re not as narcissistic in their online habits as millennials. They also have a large streak of nostalgia that I like - vinyl records, regular film cameras, real books are very hip.

That meme up thread with boomers and millennials screaming at each other while Gen X and Gen Z sit back and make fun of both of them is spot on.

And the reason Gen X hasn’t been able to fix all the shit the boomers broke is because those motherfuckers refuse to retire and go the hell away.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I'm 100 years the only mention of Gen X in the history books will be that they brought us grunge music and loose flannel shirts.

They'll also be remembered as the last generation that made more money and had a longer life expectancy than their preceding generation. Millennials will be the first to earn less and live less, and no, it won't be anyone's fault but your own.

I find it pretty fucking comical when millennials attempt to rationalize and argue with Gen Xers as though they can fucking keep up. We earn more than you, are better educated than you, and we're probably your fucking boss. Go back to quietly sobbing at your low ranking desk while you retweet/Instastory the latest shitty meme and let the rest of us pick up the slack on your work, you whiny, entitled shitheads. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They'll also be remembered as the last generation that made more money and had a longer life expectancy than their preceding generation. Millennials will be the first to earn less and live less, and no, it won't be anyone's fault but your own. I find it pretty fucking comical when millennials attempt to rationalize and argue with Gen Xers as though they can fucking keep up. We earn more than you, are better educated than you, and we're probably your fucking boss. Go back to quietly sobbing at your low ranking desk while you retweet/Instastory the latest shitty meme and let the rest of us pick up the slack on your work, you whiny, entitled shitheads. 

Ok boomer

Gen X here but you sound boomer as hell. Millennials are cool by me. Seems like you were born about 20 years too late.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

denzel washington GIF

4 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Fight me.

Word.

X Gen is best Gen.

Co-sign on Gen X being the best but the takes on student loan debt in this thread are terrible and I must say, Gen Z/Zoomers are pretty fucking cool too.

They’re the kids of Gen X and they’re funny and while they’ve grown up with I-Devices in their hands since birth, they’re not as narcissistic in their online habits as millennials. They also have a large streak of nostalgia that I like - vinyl records, regular film cameras, real books are very hip.

That meme up thread with boomers and millennials screaming at each other while Gen X and Gen Z sit back and make fun of both of them is spot on.

And the reason Gen X hasn’t been able to fix all the shit the boomers broke is because those motherfuckers refuse to retire and go the hell away.

The reason they refuse to retire is because they can’t. Their narcissism caused many of them to burn through retirement savings, expecting others to shoulder the burden.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Don't giva  fuck if we're ever President.

Y'all can fucking have titles all you want.

We'll settle for substance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hornbri said:

That has more to do that Boomers were always a bigger voting block and millennial's will be a bigger voting block then Gen X by the time boomers die off. 

There is a point that Gen X can be the swing vote between those two groups though. 

And that point is now.

3 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I know exactly how it happened and I don’t really blame the millennials for it. Generation X was lucky enough to go to college before the boomers fucked it all up. And fucked it right up they did. Sucks for the millennials but hey, what are ya gonna do?

• Like 1